Back Magic...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
.... OK they got me with this one!! I tried to stay away but it pulled me in!! :grin:

Just ordered one, the reviews for the original one were pretty good. Anyone else gone for it today?

no but apparently b and m bargains have them for £1.99 I just found out so I will have a look in there this week and see if I can get one
If you want one Lily have you not got a store near you ?? may save you a few quid?? you could cancel the order then
I can have a look if you like and report back,I want one as I had a slipped disc last year,my back is always aching !!

I've never heard of B and M bargains, what's that? Are they across the UK?

I ordered the TSV as suffer from fibromyalgia and already pay out £40 a month for pilates and £35 for the osteopath so thought what harm can it do. The stretch it gives you looks similar to some of the pilates exercises I do. I know it probably won't be comfortable at first but also know to go slowly and persevere as these things usually help in the long run. I though it was a good price compared to the manufacturer website which had it for £38.99 and thought with 30 days to try it I'll give it a go. Hope it works as I could do with a stretch now!

I bought one for my husband a few years ago, as he was having awful back pain (his whole family suffers from it). He adored it; it really helps him. Since then, he's tried to persuade his family how good it is, but they're not interested. But it does work!

b and m bargains is a chain,cheap store that sells all sorts of stuff,food ,household stuff,toiletries,duvet covers,cushions,that sort of stuff
its fairly cheap and a bit disorganised but you can get some bargains in there

Queenie and everyone I am so sorry if this was me confusing you about the Back Rest & B&M Bargains, I was talking about the Travelon back rests QVC item no. 824314 - they are £1.99 for one in B&M.

I have never seen the back magic (as in the one that is the TSV today) in there but it may be worth checking as they have loads of QVC-a-likes of all kinds for a fraction of the price.

I bought one for my daughter from Amazon. She doesn't use it much but I do! I have to lower myself quite gingerly because initially I find it uncomfortable but it's bliss after a few minutes.

no but apparently b and m bargains have them for £1.99 I just found out so I will have a look in there this week and see if I can get one
If you want one Lily have you not got a store near you ?? may save you a few quid?? you could cancel the order then
I can have a look if you like and report back,I want one as I had a slipped disc last year,my back is always aching !!

Thank you, that's a very much appreciated offer, but it's ordered now and if it's no good I will send it back. Never heard of B and M bargains. Day off today, so did a bit of gardening and my back is absolutely killing me now, so really wish I had it today! After watching the demo's I'm convinced it will be a miracle cure! :wink:

I bought one last year. Used it a couple of times but didn't really like it so stopped and haven't used it since.

I bought one for my daughter from Amazon. She doesn't use it much but I do! I have to lower myself quite gingerly because initially I find it uncomfortable but it's bliss after a few minutes.

Bea as an expert :happy: do you roll yourself off it when you've finished or get up the same way you went down... if you know what I mean?!! :sweat: They did mention briefly not to get back up that way, but to roll off to one side. Don't want to make the pain worse... I guess it comes with do and don'ts.

I've ordered one too! They sucked me in! I've fancied giving it a try for a while. I do suffer from sciatica but also recently I've been having more problems with my back, I think it stems from sitting at a computer all day so I'm hoping a nice stretch will help!

Lilylurknomore, if you look at the item on qvc's website there's an instruction leaflet you can download - that tells you to roll off sideways rather than getting up vertically if you know what I mean!

Angela

You are supposed to roll off to one side but I do sometimes push up on my elbows. When lying down it's easiest with bent knees, then straighten them later.

Bumped up.......

I hope you have all received your Back Magics by now......has anyone tried it yet and if so, how have you found it?

MTIA

Mine was sent back, actually made my back worse but judging by the reviews the last time I looked it's performed miracles for most people! Guess I was the unlucky one!

How about you?

I have this, the new incarantion, all singing all dancing, with knobs on-literally.

Anyway, I love it, I wish I could fuse the damn thing to my back and walk around with it all day.

I started at level one which I found quite comfortable because I'm fairly flexble to begin with.I have fallen asleep for hours on level one.

I recently advanced to level two, that is a PROPER stretch and I can only do that for half an hour at a time. I dont feel I could advance to level 3 for at least 6 months to a year,not until level two feels as comfortable for me as level one does.

The results??
Well, I'm definitely more conscious of correct posture in my day to day life. Any back niggles I may have are immediately alleviated after a go on this.
Also, I don't know if this is related but a few weeks back a male friend asked me if I'd gotten taller, I was wearing flat boots. At the time I didn't even connect in my mind that it might have something to do with the Back Magic, but it could be, who knows?

Anyway, this has been a really useful bit of kit for me, I wouldn't be without it.

I really like mine, I find it very relaxing. I have fibromyalgia so have to be careful what I do, but I know stretching is good for me. I took the leaflet to my osteopath to check I was ok to use it, and she said it would be great for me, particularly my upper back where I tend to have rounded shoulders from sitting at a desk all day.

It's no miracle cure, but at the end of the day I can't wait to get home and lay on it. I do 5 minutes lower back, followed by 5 minutes upper back and then do my pilates stetches. I found it a little uncomfortable at first but now feel instant relief and can almost feel the tension coming out of my shoulders and uyppoer back. I think it's well worth the money and use it as part of my attack to keep my back as healthy and flexible as I can.

For anyone with back problems I would say try it and don't give up if it's uncomfortable. The more uncomfortable it is, the tighter your muscles are so you need it more.

Hope this helps.

I have this, the new incarantion, all singing all dancing, with knobs on-literally.

Anyway, I love it, I wish I could fuse the damn thing to my back and walk around with it all day.

I started at level one which I found quite comfortable because I'm fairly flexble to begin with.I have fallen asleep for hours on level one.

I recently advanced to level two, that is a PROPER stretch and I can only do that for half an hour at a time. I dont feel I could advance to level 3 for at least 6 months to a year,not until level two feels as comfortable for me as level one does.

The results??
Well, I'm definitely more conscious of correct posture in my day to day life. Any back niggles I may have are immediately alleviated after a go on this.
Also, I don't know if this is related but a few weeks back a male friend asked me if I'd gotten taller, I was wearing flat boots. At the time I didn't even connect in my mind that it might have something to do with the Back Magic, but it could be, who knows?

Anyway, this has been a really useful bit of kit for me, I wouldn't be without it.

I agree! I bought the previous version for my huisband and he finds that it really helps him. He does a stint in the morning when he gets up and then again just before bed. I am less disciplined, but when I do remember to do it I find it really relaxing and satisfying.

Only downside is that our cats seem to think that it is a form of entertaiment and start using us a springboards as soon as we lay back on it!

I have the older version too and its work for me. I don't use it everday but if I have a back ache (gardening work ) I go on the Back magic and its cured!

Well worth a try for anyone suffereing from back aches.

We ordered it for OH and it made his condition far worse. He needed long-term treatment subsequently.
The message is, if you have a back condition (not problems), please do not use it as it may actually be dangerous. Speak to your physician/physiotherapist first. It has to do with knowing where and how to apply pressure to the spine.

Last edited:
I agree! I bought the previous version for my huisband and he finds that it really helps him. He does a stint in the morning when he gets up and then again just before bed. I am less disciplined, but when I do remember to do it I find it really relaxing and satisfying.

Only downside is that our cats seem to think that it is a form of entertaiment and start using us a springboards as soon as we lay back on it!

Ha ha! I would love that!!!

Latest posts

Back