Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl Conditioning Tool TSV 23/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It looks like a miniture version of the original, the handle I mean looks smaller on this one so would expect it to be cheaper. It looks like something I could get on board with if it is :mysmilie_14:

I'm afraid I'd tie my hair into knots with this. I'm a bit cack handed sometimes and I get confused when I'm looking in the mirror.

Do the curls stay in Lynn? My hair is neither straight nor curly and doesn't like being either one. It fights its way back to wavy quite quickly.

I'm afraid I'd tie my hair into knots with this. I'm a bit cack handed sometimes and I get confused when I'm looking in the mirror.

Do the curls stay in Lynn? My hair is neither straight nor curly and doesn't like being either one. It fights its way back to wavy quite quickly.

My hair is long and fine but this is easy to use,I curl all over then leave for about 3 hours before I comb it through and I'm just left with a fullness and a slight wave that lasts for days.

Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl with Hydrotherm Technology
Item Number: 400960
QVC Price £135.00
Today's Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £6.95

This innovative curler works to deliver condition and shine to your hair in addition to curls with fantastic hold, taking the hassle out of creating a beautiful, long-lasting style. With three heat settings and three curl timer options plus a new conditioning setting, the BaByliss PRO Perfect Curl with Hydrotherm Technology allows you to achieve the look of bouncy, salon-styled locks in no time at all.

Amazing technology - the styler automatically draws the hair into the ceramic curl chamber where it is softly held and gently heated from all directions to effortlessly form the curl, following which the newly developed Hydrotherm steam conditioning setting gives the curl an instant moisture boost to give extra shine and provide lasting hold. You can also switch this setting off if you don’t wish to use it.

Curl control - select the direction of your curl simply by sliding the button to the right or the left; or alternatively for a more natural look you can choose a setting to rotate the direction after every curl.

Three is the magic number - choose between three different heat settings depending on your hair type.
Heat:

Setting I (190°C) - for delicate, fine or coloured hair
Setting II (210°C) - for normal textured hair
Setting III (230°C) - for thick or wavy hair

Curl:

Setting 1 (8 seconds = 3 beeps) - for loose, natural curls
Setting 2 (10 seconds = 4 beeps) - for soft, bouncy curls
Setting 3 (12 seconds = 5 beeps) - for tight, defined curls

Or if you would prefer not to use the timer setting you can switch it to the ‘0’ audio off setting.

Safety first - sleep mode will activate after 20 minutes if the curler has not been used, dropping the temperature to 150C. If it is left for 60 minutes the styler will automatically shut off; great news for the forgetful!

Limited availability - this professional quality hair tool is only available to buy from QVC or direct from BaByliss PRO. You won't see a deal like this on the high street. It will be available from selected salon wholesalers and salons following our offer.

What's in the box?

Curl styler in metallic silver design
Cleaning tool
Additional water compartment
Instruction manual

Technical specifications:

20 minute sleep mode function
Auto shut off
Salon length swivel cord
Mains operated - 3 pin plug
Cord length: 2.7m (8ft 10")
PRO Perfect Curl styler (l x w x d): 27.5cm x 7.7cm x 10cm (10.8" x 3" x 3.9")

How to use:

Before you get started, ensure your hair is clean, dry and combed through
If you're using the conditioning Hydrotherm™ steam setting, fill up the water compartment using distilled water
Switch the styler on and select the settings for your hair type and curl desired
Wait for the curler to heat up fully before switching on the conditioning setting (the red on indicator light will stop flashing to signify it has reached the right temperature). The conditioning setting can be switched to the off position if you prefer not to use it.
Separate a section of hair no bigger than 3cm and comb through. When working with naturally curly or longer length hair, use even smaller sections for best results.
The appliance should be positioned into the hair with the curl chamber facing the head
Take care that the hair section is straight and placed neatly through the centre of the styler
Once the section is in place, let the hair go and close the handle to allow the hair to be automatically taken into the curl chamber.
Hold the styler stationary, with the handles together until the automatic beeps stop. Once the selected time is up, four quick beeps will indicate you can remove the hair (unless you've popped it on the Audio Off setting of course)
Always release the handles fully, and then gently pull the styler away from the head to free the hair and reveal the beautiful, free-flowing curl.
To set the curl, do not comb or brush hair until it cools
Repeat until you have that 'just left the salon' look

Behind the brand
BaByliss PRO products are made by professionals for professionals and are sold via wholesalers and to the consumer via professional salons. Thanks to the latest technology and over 50 years of experience, the brand is known for its performance and superior quality.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400960

It must be a right pain in the bum pricing on QVC, trying to worked out what goes in to two, three and four :mysmilie_13:

I've been looking this up and it seems you need medium length to long hair for this.

Now what counts as medium length? I'm thinking maybe just below shoulder length, what do you think?

It must be a right pain in the bum pricing on QVC, trying to worked out what goes in to two, three and four :mysmilie_13:

But it does make it easier for us to see if something will be on EP or not, if it is divisible by 2 or 3 or 4.

I suspect that when things are going to be on EP, QVC will round up and not down to get there. Unlike IW who are able to handle an initial payment that's different from the remaining payments (ignoring the dreaded P&P).

I'm going to give this a try. My hair is a chin length bob that is in need of a cut so between chin and shoulders so maybe a little short for this product. However, I am increasingly bored of my current style which I have had on and off for about 25 years so want to try something new and could decide to grow it longer.

I think it will be worth the cost of return to give this a try.

Grow it DDizzy! I had my hair in a longish bob when my children were babies (so they couldn't swing on it!) but grew it longer again after a couple of years. A bob makes me look too Mumsy iykwim. Long hair is so easy, whereas a bob needs frequent trims and blow drying every couple of days, shoulder length and longer I can leave to dry naturally or blast it with a dryer and my head upside down (no) skill required.

I'm having my annual big lop this afternoon, to get rid of some layers and I'm growing out my fringe (again). Apart from a trim after it's been in the sun (about September-ish) it won't need anything doing until maybe Christmas. I have a set of these bad boys http://www.highstreettv.com/big-sale/hairwavz-hair-curling-set.html and can sleep in them for long-lasting curls but they need a bit of forward planning so I've ordered the TSV to try.

There's always a pressure on women of a certain age to cut their hair but it's just not me. I'm lucky though because my hair grows very quickly so by this evening it'll be shoulder length bob and by the end of the summer it'll be down to the middle of my back again. I'm hoping for a Veronica Lake look with my fringe out of the way! (Hey a girl can dream)

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 122
Sarah Griffiths is presenting at the moment. She keeps saying how easy this is to use but she's been using it on air and her hair looks a mess! My friend has one of these and it's great. I tried it on my hair (shoulder length bob) and really liked it. By the way, if SG refers to Beverly Cobella by name again, I may turn myself inside out.

Sarah Griffiths is presenting at the moment. She keeps saying how easy this is to use but she's been using it on air and her hair looks a mess! My friend has one of these and it's great. I tried it on my hair (shoulder length bob) and really liked it. By the way, if SG refers to Beverly Cobella by name again, I may turn myself inside out.

The way her eyebrows are going, she'll soon be able to use it on them as well!!!

She's been on 3 hours this morning - definitely overkill...

Why don't QVC put Beverly's full name on their caption? The titles and most presenters refer to her as Beverly C.

Just seen Ali K with her hair "secret curled" - she looks the best of any presenter so far... in my opinion!

Last edited:
It stood out that Beverley has kept her hair poker straight for the demos. I guess it's her trademark look or something.

Latest posts

Back