AY's new word!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

felinewoman

Registered Shopper
Hi all

Didn't know whether to add this to the previous thread or start a new one about AY.

I only watched her for a few minutes last night and I noticed a new word - utilitarian! She must have said it 3 times in a the space of 2 sentences. Maybe she works on the principle of a new word every day and if she's working through the dictionary she's making good progress!!!

On a sweeter note, I thought she looked quite well in her suit last night.

:32:

When I was little, our house was still filled with wartime utility furniture - and that's what I think of every time AY spouts and spouts same words - WOODEN - and will still be there and doing the same a generation later...

I find AY as irritating as the next person, the sound of her voice, and didn't watch much of her sucking up to Lulu, but I have to admit she did look good last night.

I don't know if anyone else is the same but the appearance of a 'celebrity' selling goods (usually perfume) is an instant turn off for me and not just on QVC.

I don't know if anyone else is the same but the appearance of a 'celebrity' selling goods (usually perfume) is an instant turn off for me and not just on QVC.

Same here xstamper. A turn off for me too.

B

I couldn't agree more. Lulu is particularly annoying too.... Until she started flogging her skin care on QVC I didn't even realise that she was still "in the music business". I think of her more as a one hit wonder that won't go away than a celebrity. :54:

Gosh... :eek:I'm usually not so harsh on the people on TV when I post (always working on the theory I don't want to write anything that I wouldn't feel comfortable with the person in question reading) but Lulu has really annoyed me recently. I wasn't very happy with her Q Gossip bit where she was asked about her Christmas & was talking about spending it in the US & Jamaica. No mention of who she spent it with or what she did, just flaunting her "celebrity" lifestyle at a time when most of us are worrying about how to pay for the increased heating bills being at home for Christmas causes. Didn't even have the grace to say she was lucky to have spent Christmas away.:mad: Meanwhile I've had her waffling all yesterday about how it doesn't matter if you have surgery or injections done, if your skin texture doesn't look good you'll still look old. Is that her way of glossing over the work I believe she's had done? :20: Now if you run a face cream advert on TV you have to mention if the model has had procedures done. Shouldn't it be the same on QVC?

I really can't bear to listen to AY anymore. I go through phases where i think she's ok but she really does talk some amount of nonsense. I also really wish she'd get a haircut! I know she has the classic 'covering up the crowsfeet' haircut but it's so outdated and doesn't actually suit her.

Sorry, I'm feeling bitchy today!!

Tx

Gobby was dreadful lastnight when she was on with the hairdresser, Paul Yacomine - didn't stop prattling on about all his celebrity clients and being whisked away by private jet - never mind the products!

And ..... let's not forget "jump to the phones". If she said that once last night, she must have said it a dozen times before I switched her off.

P xx :32:

One of the things that has started annoying me about AY is the way she starts her slots with "...........with MYSELF, Alison Young, your resident beauty expert." As she is Alison Young we don't need the re-iteration of her identity in my opinion. And now I've started noticing the emphasis she puts on the word 'full.' "You're getting a FULL sized product!"

Light and shade in the speaking voice usually keeps a listener's interest (I'm a teacher :13:) not the skill of 'yelling' specific words to keep them awake or to make things seem important.

I suppose we can't like all presenters and when they irritate we just have to switch channel. I can't bear more than a few minutes of AY so my usual routine is to mutter " oh, shut up " and reach for the remote control. End of problem and some money saved too.

I posted about utilitarian being her new word, literally. Also mentioned in another thread the hugely annoying "with myself, Alison Young..." Surely someone at QVC Towers could have a quick word in her actual ear about her actual mangling of the English language, literally?
I think that her hairstyle makes her look like Jimmy Saville circa 1973. Literally.

I have literally said it many times before, but I will actually say it again....

AY LEGEND IN HER OWN HEAD..........

I'm probably not typical but when they go on about celebrity clients or celebrity lifestyles, it puts me off products. I'm not interested who uses them, only in whether it works. And I sometimes think that celebrities who jump on the beauty wagon are a bit greedy really - haven't they already earned enough money from acting or singing or modelling?
Feeling grumpy tonight, sorry if I sound mingy!

I think it puts a lot of people off, LL, it's a horrible form of snobbery. I've never been impressed by a product because some overpaid non-entity uses it - what's that got to do with me? If I hear AY mention just one more time that Sugar 'n' Spice is Geri Halliwell's favourite shade of nail polish, I'll spit fire. Literally. As for hearing that some celebritiy flies (in their own private jet) to have a consultation with some hairdresser/make-up artist/skincare guru, well, more fool them, the dopey sods!

I think it puts a lot of people off, LL, it's a horrible form of snobbery. I've never been impressed by a product because some overpaid non-entity uses it - what's that got to do with me? If I hear AY mention just one more time that Sugar 'n' Spice is Geri Halliwell's favourite shade of nail polish, I'll spit fire. Literally. As for hearing that some celebritiy flies (in their own private jet) to have a consultation with some hairdresser/make-up artist/skincare guru, well, more fool them, the dopey sods!

That made me laugh! I nearly chocked on my sherry!!!

I want even watch the Lulu shows because I think its totally fake - saying the products are what works when its widely reported that she's had work.

I agree with someone else that QVC should abide by the same rules as adverts that have to state if the model has had work. Given the number of issues IW have had with false claims QVC and Lulu better watch out. Not that I can report them since I didn't watch!!

Latest posts

Back