AY's new word!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of the things that has started annoying me about AY is the way she starts her slots with "...........with MYSELF, Alison Young, your resident beauty expert." As she is Alison Young we don't need the re-iteration of her identity in my opinion. And now I've started noticing the emphasis she puts on the word 'full.' "You're getting a FULL sized product!"

Light and shade in the speaking voice usually keeps a listener's interest (I'm a teacher :13:) not the skill of 'yelling' specific words to keep them awake or to make things seem important.

The other presenter that is annoying lately is Pipa who keeps saying yeah yeah!

I'm probably not typical but when they go on about celebrity clients or celebrity lifestyles, it puts me off products. I'm not interested who uses them, only in whether it works. And I sometimes think that celebrities who jump on the beauty wagon are a bit greedy really - haven't they already earned enough money from acting or singing or modelling?
Feeling grumpy tonight, sorry if I sound mingy!

Absolutely agree, I hate the some jackass celeb uses it thing. The only time it could ever be helpful would be to identify with a person's colouring since you aren't seeing the products IRL. I walked away from a Dior counter laughing like a loon when the SA mentioned Posh used some product as a positive selling point:64:

The other presenter that is annoying lately is Pipa who keeps saying yeah yeah!

I agree. I cringe when she keeps on saying that. I aklways think it sounds rude. Rather than meaning "I agree with what you are saying" it seems to come over as "your point is tedious so shut up!"

If I hear AY mention just one more time that Sugar 'n' Spice is Geri Halliwell's favourite shade of nail polish, I'll spit fire. Literally.
What a turn off. Who would suddenly become interested in a product, that the knicker dodging, attention craving Geri Halliwell uses?:23:

As for hearing that some celebritiy flies (in their own private jet) to have a consultation with some hairdresser/make-up artist/skincare guru, well, more fool them, the dopey sods!
They probably haven't heard of a little thing called Carbon Footprint.:33:

'Carbon Footprint'? The idiotic 'celebs' would probably think it referred to a trendy make-up brand...

So AY is flavour of the month then? :D

You've all said pretty much everything that I've thought over the years! She's ok really, but needs to keep on-topic and let the guests have a chance.

So AY is flavour of the month then? :D

You've all said pretty much everything that I've thought over the years! She's ok really, but needs to keep on-topic and let the guests have a chance.

In other words she needs to keep her gob shut.

'Carbon Footprint'? The idiotic 'celebs' would probably think it referred to a trendy make-up brand...

Going off topic a bit but isn't Pierce Brosnan an environmental campaigner but he has a holiday home in Hawaii. Wonder how he gets there, by rowing boat?

What a turn off. Who would suddenly become interested in a product, that the knicker dodging, attention craving Geri Halliwell uses?:23:

They probably haven't heard of a little thing called Carbon Footprint.:33:

Hi I just wanted to add my bit because I too couldn't care less about (overpaid) celebrities and I also think its insulting to a persons inteligence (hope I've worded that right) that just because fern advertises riveta we are all going to rush out and buy it, rant over

I agree. I cringe when she keeps on saying that. I aklways think it sounds rude. Rather than meaning "I agree with what you are saying" it seems to come over as "your point is tedious so shut up!"

I have to say I agree with you too. Pipa is my favourite presenter, but this habit of hers is getting really bad, and is very rude. It is almost like she is really bored and is saying 'I've heard it all before...and I'm not listening...'. Someone at QVC Towers really needs to have a word ;)

Latest posts

Back