AY's Hair!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Did you see AY's hair on the 7.00 pm Philosophy show? Good grief! She looks like Dave Hill from Slade (for those of you who remember him).

I was really shocked at how bad she looks tonight. As well as the straw like dodgy hairstyle, her skin looked terrible. I'm sure she had age spots/pigmentation on the right hand side of her face, freckles, and badly applied blusher. I don't know what to think. How are we suppoed to trust what she says regarding sun protection (ultrasun, elemis liquid layer etc) when she's turning up with pigmentation? Does that mean the products don't actually work or that she doesn't really use them after all? How can we believe all the selling points of the products when her makeup looks so bad and her hair is dull and straw like?
I actually don't mind Alison most of the time, and I have heard she has a thyroid problem but I am genuinely shocked at her appearance tonight. I just can't believe that someone who has access to all these 'prestigious,' 'aspirational' and 'luxurious' products can look so bad. Does that mean that these products don't work????

I haven't seen her lately, have I just missed the shows she has presented or has she been ill? If illness isn't the reason for how she looks tonight then what hope is there for the rest of us who don't have access to the zillions of products that QVC try to flog?

She 's just having an off-day. Perhaps she's started "the change" - she always quotes that as a reason for needing some of the prestigious products for actual mature skins.

I did notice yesterday that she had a bit of a colour (slight sun tan ?) on the front of her neck and a v-shaped area on her decollete - wearing an open neck shirt without suncreen ?

She 's just having an off-day. Perhaps she's started "the change" - she always quotes that as a reason for needing some of the prestigious products for actual mature skins.

I did notice yesterday that she had a bit of a colour (slight sun tan ?) on the front of her neck and a v-shaped area on her decollete - wearing an open neck shirt without suncreen ?

Are you actually saying....she actually..literally....bared her chesticle area to the *gulp* sun?????
eeeeeeeeeeeeeek.gif
eeeeeeeeeeeeeek.gif
eeeeeeeeeeeeeek.gif
Well no wonder she looks rough, she's probably had sleepless nights worrying about all that sun damage she's actually literally sustained by her recklessness in not slapping on the 100 factor sunblock. :doh:

Must admit I too thought she looked awful tonight and did at the launch at midnight.
The whole look with the leggings, shoes, hair, make-up, clothes just does not look good for a beauty expert. You would never get away with that working on a dept store counter or salon/spa, you're expected to look immaculate at all times and Robin did.

I don't think it's about products not working. You can dress badly and have a bad hair day/haircut and throw on a bit of makeup but don't expect to look good!

Products are only part of it, diet, exercise, sleep, medication etc all have an effect on your skin.

If she's been on holiday then she doesn't look like she has, maybe she was in a rush tonight. :nod:

I was really shocked at how bad she looks tonight. As well as the straw like dodgy hairstyle, her skin looked terrible. I'm sure she had age spots/pigmentation on the right hand side of her face, freckles, and badly applied blusher. I don't know what to think. How are we suppoed to trust what she says regarding sun protection (ultrasun, elemis liquid layer etc) when she's turning up with pigmentation? Does that mean the products don't actually work or that she doesn't really use them after all? How can we believe all the selling points of the products when her makeup looks so bad and her hair is dull and straw like?
I actually don't mind Alison most of the time, and I have heard she has a thyroid problem but I am genuinely shocked at her appearance tonight. I just can't believe that someone who has access to all these 'prestigious,' 'aspirational' and 'luxurious' products can look so bad. Does that mean that these products don't work????

Even when a thyroid sufferer is on replacement thyroxine, it is only synthetic, so therefore the body is still struggling to perform. There will alway be a deficit with this medication. Animal replacement is available privately. Dry hair and bags under the eyes, which are due to fluid retention, are a feature of thyroid trouble and a couple of restless nights can have a detrimental effect on the appearance of a sufferer. I have been on treatment for nearly 20 years and am on maximum dosage, yet I have limited energy. Us sufferers have to be kind to ourselves and not push ourselves too much. When we have an off day we need to realise that and try and rest when possible. Maybe AY has been overdoing things, I don't know, but I agree she did not look her best. She could still be suffering the effects of staying up when her horse foaled, even weeks later.

Yep I noticed this too, she had clear tan lines of a v-neck top, I did mention it somewhere today, probably on the philosphy thread, either she didn't have sunscreen on or her beloved sunblock doesn't work!!!! :giggle:

I'm wondering if she left her neck on holiday....it seems to have disappeared!!

Her hair looks terrible,dry and dead!

Yes I think she looked very tired and not very well. But I have to admit that I don't look great everyday either, so I shouldn't be judgemental. However, I really, really don't think her clothes help at all and age her enourmously. She dressed like a 50 - 60 year old today. (apologies to people aged 50-60!) She does need a stylist and I think she could afford one. In the long run she may not be able to afford not to as it could affect her career and credibility. I recognise she is already very successful, but tv is very powerful and I think she needs to be responsible in her position. However I hope she is not ill. Finally, she may be a pain in my eyes, somtimes, but she still has a sense of humour. She said she had twenty foundations, but if she had 21 she would still find a need for 22....

My daughter cut her own fringe :emo: when she was 4...not a dissimilar look on AY today...DD pointed it out to me and drew this analogy herself :clapping:

Jude xx

Why dont the powers that be have a stern word with her re her scruffy appearance ? Shes being paid what I assume to be decent money for a not too difficult job, after all its hardly rocket science or life preserving treatments shes carrying out, is it?

Imagine the furore if presenters demo'd rings for example with bitten and rag nails, and a days cr*p on their unwashed and nicotine stained fingers !

Or wore QVCs ( and I use the term loosely) 'fashion 'with half of their meals splattered down the front a la the late Mo Mowlan?

It simply wouldnt be tolerated as being 'acceptable' would it?

Well to my way of thinking AY is guilty of the equivalent in beauty terms...........so if QVC want to be taken seriously .......................................FOR FECK SAKE GET HER SORTED, shes looks like a 'bag o' shyte!!!!!!

Although she does seem to be on top form, I agree that her appearance leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like her new hairstyle, either, but that's just a personal opinion. She also looks as if she has put quite a bit of weight on. Still, as long as she does the job for which she is being paid, how she looks is her own business.

The saying '' dragged through a hedge backwards '' springs to mind.

I didn't realise she has a thyroid problem. Its gots to be over active the speed at which she talks. She probably feels pretty grim at times actually. That however does not account for the appalling dress sense.

Just watching the 10pm show. She really does not look well at all so could explain the hair problem but she does seem to have piled on a load of weight all of a sudden. She made some comment about eating a lot of ice cream. Looks very washed out despite all the make up. Where did she go to on holiday? Is she suffering with jet lag ? I know if I go to the US when I return it takes me 2 weeks to get back to normal. I don't think I have ever seen her skin in such bad condition.

But WHAT on earth is she wearing ? Its awful !!

Last edited:
She did say she hadn't slept since Sunday due to sick animals. I don't think many of us would look great after that.

Well that would then explain why she looks so rough so perhaps we should cut her some slack. In fairness I cannot recall ever seeing Alison look like that. If you are exhausted no matter what you do with hair & make up you still look awful.

Quite honestly QVC should not have allowed her on screen & very unfair on her. She if the truth be known probably did not want to do it but has to do what shes told if she wants to keep her job. I'm sure all of us have been in that position. I know I have:doh:

It was the dress that really made go yuck!!!! Face wise she looked as she has for quite some time, she has gotten older looking and does look her age mid forties. The dress was like a sack, infact a sack would have had better shape. It just did nothing at all for her, made AY look like she had no neck for a start. She seemed to have a bit of colour(dare I say tan on her arms), but the heavy black just washed her out. Alison please step away from the black admit some people just cannot wear it.

Now I have thyroid problems overactive but under control(well going by last blood test), and was wearing a black long sleeved top this week. First I was told I looked gaunt by one friend, I said its the black, no you are gaunt. Next I was asked by someone else if I had been in a fight as I had a black eye? No, it was because I do have very dark circles, deep set eyes and wearing the black top. I next wore a pale pink top and the black eyes and gaunt look disappeared. Oh still have the dark circles but they didn't look like something out a zombie film.

It was the dress that really made go yuck!!!! Face wise she looked as she has for quite some time, she has gotten older looking and does look her age mid forties. The dress was like a sack, infact a sack would have had better shape. It just did nothing at all for her, made AY look like she had no neck for a start. She seemed to have a bit of colour(dare I say tan on her arms), but the heavy black just washed her out. Alison please step away from the black admit some people just cannot wear it.

Now I have thyroid problems overactive but under control(well going by last blood test), and was wearing a black long sleeved top this week. First I was told I looked gaunt by one friend, I said its the black, no you are gaunt. Next I was asked by someone else if I had been in a fight as I had a black eye? No, it was because I do have very dark circles, deep set eyes and wearing the black top. I next wore a pale pink top and the black eyes and gaunt look disappeared. Oh still have the dark circles but they didn't look like something out a zombie film.

had to laugh Donna..you just can't please some folks can you!:giggle: Haven't seen AY for a few weeks so can't comment on yesterday, but generally speaking she hasn't looked at her best for a while..I know she's put some weight on because of the thyroid problem, and as she's not very tall it doesn't take much extra weight to make her look quite plump. I would imagine her thyroid is underactive hence the weight gain, and obviously she can't be blamed for that (as you can't be blamed for looking gaunt Donna..!) but yes I do agree that what you wear, particularly the colours, makes a vast difference...Ally is far too fair to wear a lot of black comfortably. I'm big into colours, got mine done this year and I'm a Winter, so I can wear black head to foot with my silver hair and it still looks fine, with a splash of bright colour, but I think Winters are the only ones that can get away with that and still look ok - JR is another Winter, she too is fond of hot pinks & purples, but AY shouldn't touch black..except maybe a headband...! Re thyroid Donna..glad yours is under control...I get checked annually as I have cysts around mine so they have to make sure the thyroid is still working ok - so far so good, but I expect sooner or later something will happen..either my throat cut to get the cysts out, or meds to help the thyroid...:mysmilie_505:

had to laugh Donna..you just can't please some folks can you!:giggle: Haven't seen AY for a few weeks so can't comment on yesterday, but generally speaking she hasn't looked at her best for a while..I know she's put some weight on because of the thyroid problem, and as she's not very tall it doesn't take much extra weight to make her look quite plump. I would imagine her thyroid is underactive hence the weight gain, and obviously she can't be blamed for that (as you can't be blamed for looking gaunt Donna..!) but yes I do agree that what you wear, particularly the colours, makes a vast difference...Ally is far too fair to wear a lot of black comfortably. I'm big into colours, got mine done this year and I'm a Winter, so I can wear black head to foot with my silver hair and it still looks fine, with a splash of bright colour, but I think Winters are the only ones that can get away with that and still look ok - JR is another Winter, she too is fond of hot pinks & purples, but AY shouldn't touch black..except maybe a headband...! Re thyroid Donna..glad yours is under control...I get checked annually as I have cysts around mine so they have to make sure the thyroid is still working ok - so far so good, but I expect sooner or later something will happen..either my throat cut to get the cysts out, or meds to help the thyroid...:mysmilie_505:

BusyMum - hope things settle for you without surgery. :up:
Donna - Hope your thyroid stays stable for you. :up:

Latest posts

Back