AY's dig at Liz Earle during the TSV launch...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Liz also favours the holistic approach to beauty too let's not forget - making sure you eat correctly too, she's written books on the right oils to include in your diet for skin health, so yeah - while she dos still have the eye bags to a degree, her skin is naturally glowing because she feeds herself properly. Unlike Ms Young who seems to exist on a diet of cake, chocolate, coffee and slaps on the miracle cream instead. While I am not much of an LE fan anymore - I'd rather have her attitude to beauty than AYs.

(disclaimer - I am not saying eating choc/cake/naughty things is bad - just not all the time and not so it makes you as hyper as she is...)

I think that's the key to it Cavey. LE lives the whole lifestyle, and it shows.

at the end of the day you have to remember she is a saleswoman. she is there to get rid of the stock from their warehouse into your bathroom cabinets at home and take the cash. every product she will show will be a miracle cream for that hour and that hour alone, until something else in the next hour is required to be shifted.

it amuses me when AY does beauty shows and often muses that if your getting no where with one moisturiser then you should buy the more expensive one they have for sale as this surely will do the job for you.

if the elixir of youthful beauty was available in a bottle then we would know about it by now. until then AVOID THE HIGH STREET and stay at home watching QVC

I don't understand what Alison Young would have to gain by being "snobby" about beauty ranges: QVC must know that potential customers have differing levels of disposable income, so it makes sense that they would have differently-priced ranges to cater for this.

QVC would want to maximise sales across all of its ranges, true. Especially those classed as prestigious (or "presteeejus"?). But it wouldn't want to do this by damaging sales of a successful "mid-priced" range. Either Alison Young is such a bad salesperson that she just doesn't realise just what she's saying, or she hates Liz Earle's range so much she's willing to sabotage its sales on QVC.

Last edited:
I don't understand what Alison Young would have to gain by being "snobby" about beauty ranges: QVC must know that potential customers have differing levels of disposable income, so it makes sense that they would have differently-priced ranges to cater for this.

QVC would want to maximise sales across all of its ranges, true. Especially those classed as prestigious (or "presteeejus"?). But it wouldn't want to do this by damaging sales of a successful "mid-priced" range. Either Alison Young is such a bad salesperson that she just doesn't realise just what she's saying, or she hates Liz Earle's range so much she's willing to sabotage its sales on QVC.

Because she is such good friends and has been for years with Andrew,Fiona and Keeley. QVC have for a good few years wanted to show themselves as highend and cutting edge compared to the other shopping channels. Hence the ads for their ranges in Grazia, Marie Claire and middle class newspapers. They do or did used to have ads in Woman too. They are not stupid enough to try to get rid of Liz Earle and as does sell for them. AY always used to bang on how she was a trainer and high up with Clarins in her career and even helped them design products. AY started her career with salon brands and has always favoured them over anything else. She is a sales woman for QVC so of course she will push what makes them money, and brands that give them kudos. The Elemis TSV was £72+ postage, so many complained about the price yet it sold out £19000+ units. That is £30+ more than the last Liz Earle TSV, and £20 more than the Decleor one.

That shows QVC they can show high priced TSVs and still sell out.

Look at Bobbi Brown QVC charge the same price as buying it in a store plus postage. The shows sell out many items.

Last edited:
The way LE prices are nowadays they are reaching prestigeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeus status. Is that the Avon influence or greed? Perhaps both.

I'm sorry but have to disagree with a previous members comments, I too met Ai Young at Beauty bash and she had beautiful skin not just facially but neck arms hands etc. No matter wht lotions and potions we use if you have bags under the eyes you will always have bags unde the eyes unless surgically removed, Ali would never appear with LE that is true, and feel to do this day she is forced to do it however she is more than happy to appear with the likes of Tova and Lulu, so no I am not her biggest fan but must defend her complexion, also as she suffers with thyroid problems this can in its self play havock with skin

She also pulls faces at people who try Botox, Facelifts etc, and yet is still willing to sit across the table from Lulu and try to flog us her stuff. We need to take a large pinch of salt when the actual literal resident beauty expert for the facial area is trying to sell us the newest 'miracle cream'.

Latest posts

Back