AY and Nails Inc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another mis-pronounciation that gets on my wick with AY is Sheer for Shea. It makes me want to throw something at the telly.

I used to call it that when I was little and a lot of people do around here - I wonder whether it's a northern thing?

I used to call it that when I was little and a lot of people do around here - I wonder whether it's a northern thing?

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I am from the North East and, though I say patent I have heard many people saying paintent. Funny that!

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I am from the North East and, though I say patent I have heard many people saying paintent. Funny that!

I live in Derbyshire and loads of people say it like that! Mind you loads of people also say thee-etta instead of theatre - which I think's fine but some people get really gnarled up about!

Yep, am from the North East too and pronounce it like that too!!

Ali is from opp north isn't she? So yes you might be right about the northern thing.

It's a bit like her 'pewer' for pure. 'mebby' for 'maybe' - all more pronounced than they were when she first started presenting....

opps am guilty of them too lol

Sorry Mrs Rosie, I was more pointing out the fact that she is more pronounced than she used to be ! I do remember her and Lavers always having discussions about 'Mauve' - she used to say it 'morve' and Lavers always insisted it was 'move' !

Latest posts

Back