Autumn Fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well if this is meant to be the highlight of the day as the TSV then it doesn't bode well for the rest of 50 hours of fashion does it?

Oh dear!!

I have a bit of a thing now for Zara (never did get my parcel but got my money back and ordered some more things in the sale ... and then some more things), the quality is excellent and it's all quite snazzy. I actually can't believe some of the fashion I have bought from QVC and all that P & P I have paid.

I love Zara but as it is a Spanish chain, it is designed for Spanish size ladies and I 6ft most of the clothes do not fit. I also like desigual.

Thought for a moment that our own forum member - Autumn - was selling her clothes and had got herself a spot on QVC! :mysmilie_50:

If that's the fashion style for autumn then at least I'll be able to save some money, as I certainly won't be buying anything like that!

Awful, truly awful, the Aunt Sally look from Worzel Gummidge by the look of it.

Please tell me that I have not just seen a pair of jodhpurs made from floppy material. At my age, my thighs are bigger than the witch's grey hair-do, the last thing I want is yards of jersey bagging out around them.

My lord, the grey haired model looked really scary, and whats with the THREE Marla Wynn necklaces ? This might be what's worn on a daily basis in London, but the buyers need to get out into the sticks from time to time. I'd get laughed at walking into my local Co-op in those get-ups ! AND it must take forever to get dressed liked that in a morning - who has the time ? I DON'T want British Airways prints either !!!

Please tell me that I have not just seen a pair of jodhpurs made from floppy material. At my age, my thighs are bigger than the witch's grey hair-do, the last thing I want is yards of jersey bagging out around them.

Ged Clampett of Beverly Hillbillies fame wore similar, with a cat flap in the back of them !

I'm not ready for autumn fashion. I haven't been on my holibobs yet!! I'm considering swimwear not weird knit cardis.

My lord, the grey haired model looked really scary, and whats with the THREE Marla Wynn necklaces ? This might be what's worn on a daily basis in London, but the buyers need to get out into the sticks from time to time. I'd get laughed at walking into my local Co-op in those get-ups ! AND it must take forever to get dressed liked that in a morning - who has the time ? I DON'T want British Airways prints either !!!

That model is hardly a typical Q customer or nor would the look would appeal to any.Sometimes these buyers do not really know their core customers.They try to be too high fashion and can 'frighten' their customers ( that is not meant to be dis-respectful to Q customers) they just don't associate themselves or their lifestyle with it.

My thoughts exactly, sf. These are not looks that I aspire to or want to be seen in down our high street. It's about time QVC UK got real - do their staff wear that stuff every day? I don't think so. And if it's not meant for every day wear but for special occasions, not many of us have the lifestyles to support those kind of clothes. "Fashion" and QVC don't seem to go together. Sack the buyers or get QVC US to send fashion to the UK on a sale or return basis.

I would hazard a guess that the buyers are under 45, and remember their Mums wearing this sort of printed stuff when they were kids, so assume their core audience are of the age that would wear such garbage. They'd be wrong - anyone of 45 would have parents who were probably into punk or glam rock etc, certainly NOT prints. Although, it was probably their grandmas in their 60's around that time who would probably wear something from Deans - pencil pleat skirts and frocks in prints. These 'kids' need to realise we aint our Mums or Grandmas !

I did wear prints I must admit, but it was the flower power era and I was young .Also the prints were smaller on cotton or cotton mix.They were more elegant. These days I wouldn't go near the patterns especially not the polyester/crimplene nasties .

Julia and Lesley are on now both wearing lop sided dresses showing quite a few lop sided drapey tops.

JR raving about the slim & lift jean effect leggings:mysmilie_11: They are a crime against fashion and she said she can't live without them.

I like the way it says 'discover how you will be dressing in Autumn 2015', sorry don't think so. What on earth were they thinking! I feel traumatized.

Yonk Gim frock at £191 !!!!! with French café curtain gatherings on either side - can you IMAGINE trying to iron it ???? cos I bet it needs it when you take delivery.

Latest posts

Back