Autum/winter fashion resolutions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Listening to the ammmmaaazzzing stylist the ammmazzzing Ashling (she gets on my thrupenny bits) trotting out the old chestnuts I have made my fashion resolutions

I will only buy layering pieces as EDUCATED by the designers as each layer is nearly the price of a winter coat so I will make those same designers a clean fortune.

I will only buy outfits which will take me from desk to .......... Ironing board (not desk to bar like our beloved Ashling).

In reality I will not buy any winter coats which are wool/cashmere type material no matter how lovely they are as it rains every day here.

I will not buy a coat without a hood no matter how frumpy it looks as I don't suit a hat and it rains here every day.

My resolution is to go shopping on the high street, where I can try on several sizes and colours without paying through the nose for the privilege.

My resolution is......to pat myself on the back for closing my account with QVC three years ago, aftter twenty years and not even feeling the slightest urge to start again, I'm freeeeeeeeee!! :mysmilie_17:

Me too! Bought nothing from them for at least 3 years, and have no urge to change that, in spite of being regularly tempted (not) by the "cheap" clothing promoted by Young Dim.

My resolution is......to pat myself on the back for closing my account with QVC three years ago, aftter twenty years and not even feeling the slightest urge to start again, I'm freeeeeeeeee!! :mysmilie_17:

Me too! Bought nothing from them for at least 3 years, and have no urge to change that, in spite of being regularly tempted (not) by the "cheap" clothing promoted by Young Dim.

Yes, I think every one should (not) have a piece of £200 Young Dim, flimsy material, creased top in their wardrobe. Not being a QVC shopper, I have the equivalent, almost identical top in my wardrobe, a two quid tea shirt I bought in the Asda sale that I sleep in. :mysmilie_17:

Yes I think I will get the layered look with my nightie too--Shopperholic step up to your status as fashion stylist, are you Blogging?

Yes I think I will get the layered look with my nightie too--Shopperholic step up to your status as fashion stylist, are you Blogging?

My fashion tip for today is, wash your tea-shirt then tie it in a knot and leave it to dry, then put it over your nightie, which must I repeat must be polyester or you won't get that story coming through, or be bang on trend this season, put the creased two quid tea-shirt over it then et voila! You've now created a YongKimJoin piece............you're welcome. :mysmilie_14:

Thankyou Shopperholic! I am the most cutting edge, on trend forward thinking pensioner the Northwest has ever seen.All down to your guidance.

:mysmilie_61: Absolutely - and wouldn't you just love it if someone managed to get through on the phone lines during a Young Dim hour, and said the equivalent of what you have said? The Q fashionistas would all have a seizure and the channel would probably go off-air!!.

Yes, I think every one should (not) have a piece of £200 Young Dim, flimsy material, creased top in their wardrobe. Not being a QVC shopper, I have the equivalent, almost identical top in my wardrobe, a two quid tea shirt I bought in the Asda sale that I sleep in. :mysmilie_17:

I`ve never been tempted to buy fashion from Q, mainly because most of their stuff wouldn`t suit me and even the few items I may have been keen to try, the thoughts of paying even one set of p and p just to try it on, would annoy me.
I`ve had a pair of boots from them a couple of years ago, the Clarks Nettle ones and they have been used regularly. I saw them in my local Clarks shop but at the time they were on EP from Q and so I bought through them.
Other than that I haven`t bought anything from them which you could call fashion.

:mysmilie_61: Absolutely - and wouldn't you just love it if someone managed to get through on the phone lines during a Young Dim hour, and said the equivalent of what you have said? The Q fashionistas would all have a seizure and the channel would probably go off-air!!.

Yeah that would be funny, imagine someone asking Ingrid T for a picture or Twitter address of the aforementioned, make believe Young Dim. :mysmilie_17:

I someone did get through & ask/criticise any item they would be made to feel as though they were lacking in their appreciation of the longevity of such fashion items, the price per wear, the adaptability from office to red carpet , quality, designer trends etc. etc. Especially if presented with Debbie Flint as I remember her attitude once was if you don't like it you are lacking.Rubbish, we know it & they know it.

I don't know about others on here, but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually worn a winter coat over the past few years ! Here in the home counties north of London, we've experienced really mild winters. Yes a few nights of frost and the odd fall of snow, but by and large I've only worn my black coat for funerals (its from John Lewis, so its lasting me years). Coats are useless for car drivers, I wear a quilted jacket for walking the dog and supermarket shopping, and for evenings out I wear a shawl. So my John Lewis 'winter' coat will last me a few years yet.

I don't know about others on here, but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually worn a winter coat over the past few years ! Here in the home counties north of London, we've experienced really mild winters. Yes a few nights of frost and the odd fall of snow, but by and large I've only worn my black coat for funerals (its from John Lewis, so its lasting me years). Coats are useless for car drivers, I wear a quilted jacket for walking the dog and supermarket shopping, and for evenings out I wear a shawl. So my John Lewis 'winter' coat will last me a few years yet.

Can't say the same up here!
Easy way to tell which season it is by the temperature of the rain, mostly falling horizontally, & which direction the wind is coming from....there's always a wind!!

Can't say the same up here!
Easy way to tell which season it is by the temperature of the rain, mostly falling horizontally, & which direction the wind is coming from....there's always a wind!!

Same here although to be honest it hasn't been as cold just wet wet wet and for that you need a good waterproof no matter what it might look like. In the past I have bought a few really stylish wool type of coats and barely worn them as not much good in rain.

I have always wanted this to happen (in any hour, I'm not fussy!), would be hilarious to see them squirm. I bet they'd pretend they got cut off! Thing is, the poor person who pre-vetted the caller to go on air would probably get sacked!

You need to lull them into a false sense of security by gushing about how you want to tell Julia the compliments you got when you wore it to the famous Q garden party (at the palace) but as soon as you are on air turn into the caller from hell

Unfortunately I think they have a few second delay built in for just that reason.

Latest posts

Back