Autographed books

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have looked on Amazon today and the price of this book at the moment is £4.49 so this means that I have paid about £3.50 for a sticker.

We buy these autographed books because we like to feel that the author has actually held the book in their own hands.

My daughter was pleased to receive it and I showed her the inside and she didn't comment or anything but I personally feel let down and embarrassed.

Please ladies, don't you fall for this con again.

Begging your pardon but a bookplate is a label indicating "ownership" of the book not an autograph by the author.

A signed copy of a book should actually have the signature on its inner leaf not even on the cover.

I don't think I'd trust any autograph to be genuine unless it was signed in front of me. I can't say that having Gok Wan's autograph would mean anything to me anyway.

Edited to add/brag: The only autographed book I have was signed in front of me with a personal message and followed by a lovely big hug from the author

shakespeare? :happy:

I've just submitted the following question. It will be interesting to see if it is actually accepted and posted, and if so, whether QVC answers it.

Is the book genuinely signed?

One review has said that the signature is just on a sticker stuck onto the book. The book is advertised as "signed", so this seems misleading.

As the signature is on a sticker, did he sign every sticker himself or were they just printed stickers with a facsimile of his signature?

I just had an email from QVC to say that my question had been answered.

When I looked, it was the answer to a question I submitted MONTHS ago about something else, and long past it's useful-by date!

Latest posts

Back