Australian Bodycare TSV 15/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the skin wash & the wipes. I've never tried the body lotion, but I use the oil to dilute into a spray bottle to fresher up shoes etc.

Don't make the same mistake I did, I bought three lots of the 72 wipes duo last year, and four packs of them went off after about two months, the smell from them was rancid. I did fight to get my money back telling the CS that I couldn't inform them in thirty days because my obviously old stock, that should last one year went off after two months. I did get my money back, so now I only by a pack of wipes when I need them and never stockpile them.

Boiled or distilled water (cooled) and a few drops of tea tree oil revives the dry wipes (you don't need much) and then keep them in a lock and lock (or similar) airtight box.

Well, my set arrived yesterday, so I had a play last night.

Skin Wash. - Nice. Felt clean after bathing, but I think I prefer a bar of soap as I didn't seem to get much lather. I may need to invest in one of those scrunchy things at the weekend to see if that improves it.

Oil - Haven't tried it yet. Not exactly sure what to do with it really.

Wipes. Disappointed. Quite dry even though the pack was sealed. Superdrugs own brand are far superior IMO.
http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Tea-Tree-Sensitive-Wipes-30/p/824657#.VVwdyU9Viko

Body Lotion - This was an item that I wasn't too fussed about really and honestly thought that I wouldn't use it, but by God, I love it. Sinks straight in & is very cooling. Smell doesn't seem to linger for more than 30 mins, but that's fine, because I actually think it smells quite nice.

So, all in all, slightly disappointed. Think I might return it and just order some of the lotion on its own?
I'll decide over the weekend.

I've decided to keep this set.
I do like most of it so I rang Q to complain about the wipes that IMO were faulty because they were so dry despite being in a sealed pack.
They have offered to refund my postage costs, so I'm happy enough now.
The tea-tree wipes I normally use are on offer at the minute for £1.49 per pack of 30, so I'll buy a few more packs of those with the money.
I'm also liking the Skin Wash the more I use it really, so yes, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

If anyone's interested, this might be a good alternative to the Skin Wash.
On offer at the minute, so I've just bought 6 bottles (250ml) for the sum total of £16.47. Free delivery over £15.00 at the moment as well.
Not a bad price IMO as the Skin Wash would be over £25.00 for a litre, so my £16.47 for a litre and a half seems pretty reasonable.
Reviews look pretty good as well.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-tea-tree-body-wash-60083571

Edit, one of the reviews mentions that it's actually mint and tea tree, so if you don't like mint, might be best to avoid?

On offer at the minute, so I've just bought 6 bottles (250ml) for the sum total of £16.47. Free delivery over £15.00 at the moment as well.
Not a bad price IMO as the Skin Wash would be over £25.00 for a litre, so my £16.47 for a litre and a half seems pretty reasonable.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-tea-tree-body-wash-60083571

Edit, one of the reviews mentions that it's actually mint and tea tree, so if you don't like mint, might be best to avoid?

sounds good when i finish my huge 2 litres i will give this a try. i like mint

I`ve used quite a few of HB`s Dr Organic ranges, I found the tea tree range quite drying but the Vitamin E range was really good and the Manuka rescue cream is fabulous for Winter face protection or if your face is very dry or flaky. The Dr Organic ranges are definitely worth trying and HB often have them on offer.

I've used this and liked it. I am prone to spots of my body from exercise (sorry if that's tmi) and I do think the ABC wash is better at controlling that. In fact they have gone completely! But I'd go back to Dr Organics if I couldn't afford ABC.

Following on from Shopaholic's post I did think my wipes from the tsv smelt a bit off last night. I'm half way through the pack so I'll make sure I use them up quickly. It's a shame because they are useful but it puts me off buying them. Has anyone else tried tea tree wipes from other ranges?

I've used this and liked it. I am prone to spots of my body from exercise (sorry if that's tmi) and I do think the ABC wash is better at controlling that. In fact they have gone completely! But I'd go back to Dr Organics if I couldn't afford ABC.

Following on from Shopaholic's post I did think my wipes from the tsv smelt a bit off last night. I'm half way through the pack so I'll make sure I use them up quickly. It's a shame because they are useful but it puts me off buying them. Has anyone else tried tea tree wipes from other ranges?

I've used these for years Jesswals.
http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...4657?singleResultSearchPage=true#.VXAVQs9Viko

I do NOT recommend these though. Even on my rhino skin they were way too harsh.
http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...4757?singleResultSearchPage=true#.VXAV8M9Viko

The ABC facial wash is a must for me when I have break outs...sorts them out in no time ....my skin would be too dry if I used it all the time but is a great helper ...highly recommend

The other week my dog rolled in some horse poop and I`d run out of dog shampoo so I bathed her in ABC wash. I must say her coat looked lovely afterwards and her skin was fine, no flakes and she didn`t scratch so it musn`t have irritated her. She smelled sweeter too lol

The other week my dog rolled in some horse poop and I`d run out of dog shampoo so I bathed her in ABC wash. I must say her coat looked lovely afterwards and her skin was fine, no flakes and she didn`t scratch so it musn`t have irritated her. She smelled sweeter too lol

I used it on my Dog a few days ago as I had run out of doggie Shampoo and it lathered up really well and her coat was lovely and soft with no irritation.

and thank you from too Mr Marple! I added a pack of these Dr Organic wipes (at £1.49) to my order, so I'll report back when I've used them! http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-tea-tree-20-wet-wipes-60083582

Okay, so my Holland & Barrett parcel arrived on Saturday, so I've been trialling the Body Wash for a few days.
I really like it. You can definitely smell the mint, but it doesn't mask the Tea Tree either.
The ABC lady always mentions the specific kind of Tea Tree oil they use, but as far as I can see, this brand uses the same kind.
Also, it's SLS & Paraben free if that matters to you?
I'll continue to use ABC as well (no choice really, I've still got 3/4 of a bottle & 2x Refills to get through), but this is a great alternative IMO.
And on a totally different note, I really like the bottles. They look a lot classier than the ABC one if you ask me.

Has yours arrived yet Akimbo?

I've got a lovley pimple just made appearance yesterday lol ....ABC ..saves my life when this happens ...and sudacream dabbed on over night ....will try other products suggested too ..thank you Miss Marple ...always happy for hints and tips,:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back