At Last.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Just watched Ali K who is now showing her own hair,which she did say at last,so pleased for her must be a relief not to wear the wig however nice it looked.
Lynn:happy:

Just watched Ali K who is now showing her own hair,which she did say at last,so pleased for her must be a relief not to wear the wig however nice it looked.
Lynn:happy:

Yes it's such a relief not to have to grab the wig when the postie knocks at the door, finally your head feels like it can breath.

Unfortunately her suntan from her holiday has done her no favours at all. She looks 10 years older. Reminds me why I keep out of the sun. It'll be the sun factor 30 for me all summer even in the UK. I am thinking of buying some white gloves to keep the backs of my hands out of the sun. They are showing quite alot of sun damage especially my left hand as it is my dominant hand.

caught some of the Kipling hour - I was thinking that the style of wig didn't particularly suit Ali, until I read the post about it being her real hair - sorry Ali! How great she must feel about that anyway. Other than that, has she had some work done..? Cheek implants maybe? I thought her face looked fuller than usual (bearing in mind I've not seen her in a while) and the nose to mouth lines looked deep. However, for someone who has been thru what she has been thru these past months, I thought she looked ****** brilliant!

Before Ali was ill there used to be some very unpleasant comments made on here about work done to her face.

Wow I had to look at the videos from the hours. AK's hair is looking really thick and a bit wavy/curly. I love that copper colour, its the same as the Ken Pavers? wig she used to wear which I thought really suited her.

I'm not a massive fan of the dark tan look (I'm only jealous because I turn into a lobster in the sun and get prickly heat) but I think AK seems most comfortable when she is more tanned.

Before Ali was ill there used to be some very unpleasant comments made on here about work done to her face.

Looks like it won't be long before it's open season here again doesn't it?

Already, just in this thread, she's too tanned, lined face, plump cheeks, has she had 'work done'??? She's just receovering from a life threatening disease - could we all maybe ease off from the negativity?

I think her colour was mainly due to the Laura Geller b&b which I don't think was her natural shade and did look a tad cakey.

Plus, non of us knows what meds she is on and they may be making her face appear puffier than usual.

I think she looks ****** amazing considering what she's been through both physically and mentally over the last 12 months. I know I wouldn't have come out the other side looking so well.

Long may it continue too. You go Ali. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Already, just in this thread, she's too tanned, lined face, plump cheeks, has she had 'work done'??? She's just receovering from a life threatening disease - could we all maybe ease off from the negativity?

I couldn't agree more.

Those of you that haven't, may I suggest that you read her blogs form the last 12 months where she candidly talks about how the effects of chemo and having a mastectomy made her feel. Read the replies she got too, which incidentally she replied to every single one, a truly inspirational woman.

She chose to come back to work as soon as she could knowing, I'm sure, full well that some folk would soon be having a go at her looks etc. It took a lot of courage to do that bearing in mind the huge changes that she has undergone.

I think her colour was mainly due to the Laura Geller b&b which I don't think was her natural shade and did look a tad cakey.

Plus, non of us knows what meds she is on and they may be making her face appear puffier than usual.

I think she looks ****** amazing considering what she's been through both physically and mentally over the last 12 months. I know I wouldn't have come out the other side looking so well.

Long may it continue too. You go Ali. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know darn well, I haven't.:wink:

I thought she looked really well on the 5 mins I saw if her on the lunchtime special!!! (Which isn't special at all???)

well, I don't know if anything was aimed at me in particular, but I did say I thought she looked ****** brilliant after what she's been thru, and I meant it!

And PS, I've not been bitchy previously about Ali!

Last edited:

Which is the exact point I made in a previous thread about "wiggy Lee". Apart from the fact that I do not concur that he does indeed wear a wig, the posters on this site seem to abuse the democratic process afforded to all DS members by partaking in an open season and insulting Lee Hohbein mercilessly. I am convinced that Ali would be the first person to say that no-one, whether they have an illness or disability or are in supreme health, deserves to be the subject of biased and plain derogatory remarks.

But Lee Hohbein IS an incompetent tech presenter. Rug issue aside, he knows diddly squat about computers ( and definitely regarding Apple products). He's a salesman, and not a very good one at that.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Which is the exact point I made in a previous thread about "wiggy Lee". Apart from the fact that I do not concur that he does indeed wear a wig, the posters on this site seem to abuse the democratic process afforded to all DS members by partaking in an open season and insulting Lee Hohbein mercilessly. I am convinced that Ali would be the first person to say that no-one, whether they have an illness or disability or are in supreme health, deserves to be the subject of biased and plain derogatory remarks.

The 'Kathy' thread about her flashing her knickers is also really mean - I haven't commented on there as I did not want to bump it to the top again. Most of us would be mortified to learn that we had flashed unintentionally whilst at work - would we really then want total strangers chuckling about it and posting pictures on an internet forum just to add to the shame?

But Lee Hohbein IS an incompetent tech presenter. Rug issue aside, he knows diddly squat about computers ( and definitely regarding Apple products). He's a salesman, and not a very good one at that.

OK, if anyone thinks he is not doing a good job then by all means comment on it - but being personal about his possble lack of hair is just nasty. Hair loss can be devastating and embarrassing - just because someone has a job on the telly doesn't make it ok for people to act like playground bullies and call him names etc.

OK, if anyone thinks he is not doing a good job then by all means comment on it - but being personal about his possble lack of hair is just nasty. Hair loss can be devastating and embarrassing - just because someone has a job on the telly doesn't make it ok for people to act like playground bullies and call him names etc.

Oh DO get a sense of humour. Really!

The 'Kathy' thread about her flashing her knickers is also really mean - I haven't commented on there as I did not want to bump it to the top again. Most of us would be mortified to learn that we had flashed unintentionally whilst at work - would we really then want total strangers chuckling about it and posting pictures on an internet forum just to add to the shame?

You don't want to bump the thread where the subject is being discussed, but you're happy to bring it up here on a totally unrelated thread?
What a strange way to operate on a forum. Instead of debating subjects in the actual thread, let's sneak around high jacking totally unrelated threads to make our point. Tut tut naughty. Is it because you think youll get more support here?

well, I don't know if anything was aimed at me in particular, but I did say I thought she looked ****** brilliant after what she's been thru, and I meant it!

And PS, I've not been bitchy previously about Ali!

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular Busy Mum; I just remember there being one or two commments about the "work" that Alison had had done. I commented myself actually. Not in a nsty way though. I like Alison, she has always been my favourite presenter.

Latest posts

Back