Aren't remote controls a wonderful thing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Chuntley is on doing LG at present.

Now I don't like her presenting so guess what - I turned over.

If I had been in the market for a new bag I would have watched on mute and turned up if something I liked came on.

If I wanted to hear the whole programme I would just have watched through gritted teeth.

See how simple it is.

Chuntley is on doing LG at present.

Now I don't like her presenting so guess what - I turned over.

If I had been in the market for a new bag I would have watched on mute and turned up if something I liked came on.

If I wanted to hear the whole programme I would just have watched through gritted teeth.

See how simple it is.

Well I thought this was a shopping channel forum and we were supposed to talk about it, but if we all turned of then there would be nothing
to talk about

I only turn up the sound if I'm interested in a particular product. I know the presenters have to do the hard sell as that is their job so like most people I choose what I want to watch and listen to.

I have just switched on. I don't mean this to be nasty in any way, but have both Julia and Catherine put weight on? I know Julia has been ill, so it is not the end of the world. I was quite shocked at Catherine though. Although they both still look lovely don't they? Just goes to show you don't have to be a skinny minny to look gorgeous!

MinxyKitten, CH has recently had shingles on her face, I don't think she has gained weight, she always looks lovely, but a bit of indulgence after shingles is what I would do! :giggle:

Well everyone was saying how rude it was to comment on heavy make up, but to me to mention someone's weight , especially when the presenters
have health issues is totally wrong and not very nice at all, worse that any make up comment. And i'm sure it would upset them more than any make
up issue :(

I personally don't watch qvc just to have something to post on here, got better things to do. Only watch qvc if the products interest me which isn't often these days

I did not know Catherine had been ill (thank you Loveinamist). I take it you didn't read my post properly SparklyBabs as I said I didn't intend it to be nasty.

I did not know Catherine had been ill (thank you Loveinamist). I take it you didn't read my post properly SparklyBabs as I said I didn't intend it to be nasty.
Oh I realise that MinxyKitten but if any of the former named presenters where reading it they would be hurt by it, especially Julia who is on medication and has no control over it. I personally don't think presenters weight should be a topic for conversation , but that's only my opinion :)

I read your post properly and knew you were not being nasty,a lot worse has been said about presenters on here.
Lynn

Isn't it a pity we can't have a remote control which works on humans? Now there's a thought!

whether it's weight or salaries, it depends who mentions it whether it's aceptable on here. presenter salaries has been mentioned numerous times over the years and why not? yet we have a thread closed this time?

anyone IN THE PUBLIC EYE will get their salary discussed, be it footballers or politicians so i don't see how a tv salesperson is any different. all the me me me comments about how rude it would be if someone asked YOUR salary are irrelevant. nobody did. just like nobody cares or comments on YOUR weight, eyeliner, leggings, hair etc etc.

I watch through gritted teeth when AY is on.
Lynn
That did make me laugh Lynn, I'm trying to decide which is in the wrong place your mouth or your eyes - genuinely no offence intended, its just hilarious. Is it your 'eye teeth' you use lol
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

whether it's weight or salaries, it depends who mentions it whether it's aceptable on here. presenter salaries has been mentioned numerous times over the years and why not? yet we have a thread closed this time?

anyone IN THE PUBLIC EYE will get their salary discussed, be it footballers or politicians so i don't see how a tv salesperson is any different. all the me me me comments about how rude it would be if someone asked YOUR salary are irrelevant. nobody did. just like nobody cares or comments on YOUR weight, eyeliner, leggings, hair etc etc.

I don't think Sazza closed that thread because of the salary discussions... More the accusations of bullying and members trying to drive someone mad!

That did make me laugh Lynn, I'm trying to decide which is in the wrong place your mouth or your eyes - genuinely no offence intended, its just hilarious. Is it your 'eye teeth' you use lol
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

That was funny DJ.
Lynn

I don't think Sazza closed that thread because of the salary discussions... More the accusations of bullying and members trying to drive someone mad!

i'm going by what sazza said when she closed it. maybe you know better? or do you have your threads mixed up?

I agree. Salaries have been discussed here before. Graham refers to the presenters handsome salaries in his sticky on criticism of presenters. Talk about mixed messages.

I read your post properly and knew you were not being nasty,a lot worse has been said about presenters on here.
Lynn
Julia Roberts regularly gets torn to shreds on this forum, kinda like a pack of hyenas devouring their prey. Lol:giggle:

Latest posts

Back