Are Birkenstock comfy to wear?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a lifelong (and very painful) foot condition, caused initially by fallen arches. I find Birkenstocks the only thing I can wear that doesn't cause pain. Got lots of them and they're the first thing I put on in the morning, the last thing I take off at night. Actually, the Podiatrist recommended them as well.

Couldn't be without them. Also, I find I don't have to "break them in" now. To me, just like wearing a pair of cumfy slippers (and talking about slippers, I got them as well from the website in Germany) :up2:

Pauline x

I'm supposed to wear them to help with tendonitis, so I have two pairs. They're comfy enough and have never given me blisters...but I can only walk very slowly in them. They seem to send my centre of gravity backwards, so that speedy walking is physically impossible!

i have 6 pairs and love them all including a clog style.i have quite wide feet and very high arches so they fit me fine.
the florida with the 3 straps are a dream to wear and i love the molina styles.
must get a giza (thong style) next...

I'm another one who has not got on with them. I bought a pair last year to take to Orlando and they are just not comfy. I think they are the Madrid style with just one strap however I've noticed after my holidays this year that they have become a lot looser. Am going back to Scholls I think.x

I also can't get on with them. I ordered a pair last year and tromped about in them for a couple of weeks, in the house, to 'wear them in' but I ended up sending them back for a refund, as they became more uncomfortable the longer I wore them.

I've never had that problem with Flyflots, Scholl or any other make of sandal so I'm sure it wasn't down to my feet. ;)

I've had some and they are one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I own

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I just cannot wear them and I have good feet, I have really tried but they seem to rub me and then cause blister at the side, and I just don't seem to be walk in them properly I had 2 pairs different styles, gave them to my friend, my Scholl sandals are fine.

I'm supposed to wear them to help with tendonitis, so I have two pairs. They're comfy enough and have never given me blisters...but I can only walk very slowly in them. They seem to send my centre of gravity backwards, so that speedy walking is physically impossible!

Thats really interesting ATG as whenever I go on the Wii for a bodytest it shows that my centre of gravity is out - maybe I will give these a go to see if they help correct it. I wouldnt bother but I do get an awful lot of lower back pain which may be associated with standing incorrectly! Glad you mentioned that ATG :happy:

Bet

My local TJ Hughes are selling the Birkenstock mules for £19.

If it's these http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fcp/produ...-Text/Footwear/Birkenstock-Ladies-Sandals/126 then I had a look at them in our store and fairly certain that they are fake. It doesn't have Birks imprinted on the footbed, the footbed feels more like plastic than leather and the strap actually goes into the footbed rather than at the bottom of the footbed/top of sole.

Had a look on a few websites and not seen any where the strap is like this before and I think that Baumhouse do every style.

I've got the Gizeh toepost style. I wore them round the house for a bit to get used to them. Then found them agony between the toes when I tried to walk outside in them: with each step, the toepost agonisingly dunted between my toes, BUT when I got home I adjusted the strap to the tightest setting and they then felt fine wearing outside!! So my advice would be to make sure you tighten the straps so the sandal fits snuggly against your foot when you walk, so your foot doesn't slide around and the sandal doesn't flip flop around making you're poor feet hurt. As for sizing, I'm a size 6/39 and got them this size in Birkenstock too, so I found the sizing just as per normal.

I have 3 rather old pairs of Madrids (haven't bought any for years - just get the sole repaired at the Birkenstock store) and they are super comfy as they are so old / worn in. My black ones feel like slippers to me now! I have narrow feet but mine are rall egular fit (which is the hollow foot print on the insole) - I found the narrow fit (filled in foot print which QVC sell) uncomfy - toe grip was in wrong place and arch felt a bit odd. I did have to break them in to begin with though - but that was due to the 'pleather' bit causing problems (bit of rubbing), not the footbed itself!

Ooh, can you give me some info on where you get this done/how it works/how much it costs?! I have two pairs of Gizehs which are really knackered in terms of the footbed but the leather upper is still perfect. I looked into getting the footbed replaced a few years ago but it was something like £25 per pair so would have been cheaper to get new ones (I usually get mine from eBay).

thanks!

Tx

Ooh, can you give me some info on where you get this done/how it works/how much it costs?! I have two pairs of Gizehs which are really knackered in terms of the footbed but the leather upper is still perfect. I looked into getting the footbed replaced a few years ago but it was something like £25 per pair so would have been cheaper to get new ones (I usually get mine from eBay).

thanks!

Tx

if you go to the Birknestock Uk site and click on repair it comes up with a repair from with the price it is still about that price.

Latest posts

Back