Archos 3 8GB Media Player with 3" LCD Screen, Case & USB Mains Charger TSV tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Archos is just a rebadge ipod that is why i compared Skoda to VW.

Skoda is a poor mans VW as Archos TSV is a poor mans iPod.
If you want the best buy an iPod not some copy IMHO.

Simon with all due respect you are completely wrong here, Apple copied Archos they were the first to have a hard drive Mp3 player, first to have portable video, first to have wifi, first to have touch screen on these devices.

Poor mans ipod, well if you look at the Android range they are more expensive than the equivalent ipods because they offer more.

I have an ipod/apple Mac and an Archos, the Archos is far more flexible. Sure if you only want to play AAC/Mp3 files the Apple is fine, but if you want much higher quality the Apple for example cannot play FLAC files which are uncompressed files which are the highest quality.

If you do your research the best sounding players are definately not the Apple ipod, arguably the Cowon is with archos right up there. As far as Video playing capability archos is ranked number 1.

Hope this helps,

Techie.

On seeing the title i thought this might help me out, but it doesn't, lol

I bought one as it was easy pay, looked nice, was said to be easy to use and as I have never ever had one, not used one before thought that this would suit me.........

But I'm obviously thick, the instructions are pretty useless (maybe not if you know what your are doing)

I even had a look at the archos.com/faq as per this so called guide, which by the way is a single sided sheet of not much bigger than A4, but it is also on various separate 'leaflets' in many languages.

I didn't find any faq's for this particular model

So that leaves me two options, ring the helpline supplied by qvc, a talk you through it, or bribe some small child to show me, because they do not seem to have any problems with anything technical :blush:

Or failing that I'll have to return it, as they did say that it could be if someone didn't like it or get on with it (Simon Biaggi on one the saturday airings)

I read the reviews and one other person seems to be having the same trouble as me so i know I'm not alone:thinking2:

what cant you do ?

:blush:

Where do i start? well tuning the radio for one, but there is nothing about that in the 'guide'

I'm quite prepared to fiddle about and give it a go, but if I knew what things were or did I would feel more confident, I think its also a fear of 'breaking' something too.

I thought I had recorded one of the airings, and could use the info from that but I either didn't or its been deleted.

Oh right cant help you there, i thought you maybe couldnt get files onto the device or something like that.

:blush:

Where do i start? well tuning the radio for one, but there is nothing about that in the 'guide'

I'm quite prepared to fiddle about and give it a go, but if I knew what things were or did I would feel more confident, I think its also a fear of 'breaking' something too.

I thought I had recorded one of the airings, and could use the info from that but I either didn't or its been deleted.

Not got this model but often with radio on these you need the headphones plugged in for it to work because it acts as the aerial. Same as mobile phones with fm.

I've had a few Archos items and never had to look at the instructions for basic stuff but if you visit their website you can usually find faq and instructions info.

I haven't got this model, but went for the Archos 2 when it was a TSV. On that one you do need the headphones in because they act as an aerial for the radio tuning. Also, I went to the Archos website and got lots of help from videos and text there.

Not got this model but often with radio on these you need the headphones plugged in for it to work because it acts as the aerial. Same as mobile phones with fm.

I've had a few Archos items and never had to look at the instructions for basic stuff but if you visit their website you can usually find faq and instructions info.

Thank you for taking time to comment.
I did try with headphones in (my mobile is the same) but I can't get the radio to tune and stay tuned where i want it, it is probably something so simple too!
The website was the first place I went and can find no reference for this model as yet, I agree though that usually website FAQ usually are helpful.

At least I'm not on my own in being disappointed with the lack of instructions. I have been reading reviews and most comment on this and it looks like many will be returned too

I did set up the time etc straightaway which some seemed to have a problem with and have got some music on now, but the instruction guide really leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm still undecided as to keep or not to keep and look for something else :thinking2:

Latest posts

Back