Aqua Laser cooling towels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Big (n) from me! I sent for these a few weeks ago 'cause I saw them in clearance for £12 & £1.95 postage. Anticipating the heatwave I thought they'd be ideal as I really don't cope well in the heat and with 4 in a pack I thought great one for me, one for OH and the other two I can just bung in the present drawer to give as stocking fillers or just because gifts. Now if ever I buy anything remotely gimmicky or gadgety I'll test drive it before I admit my purchase to OH as he's known to take the proverbial out of me for being such a sucker, or bang on about wasting money. I've had the set hidden away upstairs and yesterday when I returned home hot, sweaty and bothered I thought yes, I'll give one a try. I followed the instructions on the packet ie wet the towel, wrung it out well and "snapped" it the recommended time to "activate" it. I thought it would feel fairly dry but cool after doing this, but it didn't it just felt like a sodden wet cold towel. I popped it around my neck and shoulders and it felt most unpleasant and I couldn't get it off fast enough, not only that, it had a weird surgical smell that I didn't like so I stuffed it back in its pouch and didn't say anything to OH. In hindsight I should've said told him I'd picked them up in a charity shop for a couple of quid and gave him a chance to try it in case he got on with it. I guess I can still do that another time and if he says the same as me then I can say oh well only £2 and I can use them as dusters! I found that my skin felt wet and it did dampen my clothes slightly as well. I'm surprised there are so many great reviews for this product all I can think is that there are people out there who don't mind the feeling of a cold and wet towel next to their skin, but that's not me I'm afraid. I'll stick to my portable fan and that cool magic spray that really does work. I know I'm still in time to return these to Q but I've left it too late to claim my postage back, it's gonna cost nearly £3 if I send them back via Evri, then I'll have to wash and attempt to dry the one I've used so I'm not sure I can really be bothered. Hey, I've got some dusters and some handy little pouches lol!

Big (n) from me! I sent for these a few weeks ago 'cause I saw them in clearance for £12 & £1.95 postage. Anticipating the heatwave I thought they'd be ideal as I really don't cope well in the heat and with 4 in a pack I thought great one for me, one for OH and the other two I can just bung in the present drawer to give as stocking fillers or just because gifts. Now if ever I buy anything remotely gimmicky or gadgety I'll test drive it before I admit my purchase to OH as he's known to take the proverbial out of me for being such a sucker, or bang on about wasting money. I've had the set hidden away upstairs and yesterday when I returned home hot, sweaty and bothered I thought yes, I'll give one a try. I followed the instructions on the packet ie wet the towel, wrung it out well and "snapped" it the recommended time to "activate" it. I thought it would feel fairly dry but cool after doing this, but it didn't it just felt like a sodden wet cold towel. I popped it around my neck and shoulders and it felt most unpleasant and I couldn't get it off fast enough, not only that, it had a weird surgical smell that I didn't like so I stuffed it back in its pouch and didn't say anything to OH. In hindsight I should've said told him I'd picked them up in a charity shop for a couple of quid and gave him a chance to try it in case he got on with it. I guess I can still do that another time and if he says the same as me then I can say oh well only £2 and I can use them as dusters! I found that my skin felt wet and it did dampen my clothes slightly as well. I'm surprised there are so many great reviews for this product all I can think is that there are people out there who don't mind the feeling of a cold and wet towel next to their skin, but that's not me I'm afraid. I'll stick to my portable fan and that cool magic spray that really does work. I know I'm still in time to return these to Q but I've left it too late to claim my postage back, it's gonna cost nearly £3 if I send them back via Evri, then I'll have to wash and attempt to dry the one I've used so I'm not sure I can really be bothered. Hey, I've got some dusters and some handy little pouches lol!
Good to know because the presenters and BA's rave about them.

I got them for my parents last year when we were told we were getting a really bad heatwave and as they were due to go to Leeds for my nieces Uni graduation I thought they might be a help. They both said they were an absolute godsend on the day as the function room they were in was unbearably hot.
I'm not sure if they've used them since though.

I have these and I love them.
Working at a school cleaner in the warm weather I get very hot and bothered. I use these to cool me down quickly.
Gave one to a fellow cleaner and she also gave positive feed back.
I don't suppose a bit of damp on cleaning clothes matters. 🙂
I didn't think they were meant to feel "wet" if that makes sense, I don't mind damp but despite wringing it right out and shaking it etc, it to me it still felt wringing wet. Also now I've read some of the reviews and seen some bad ones there's been complaints that the colour of the cloths has transferred onto bedding and clothing leaving indelible stains.

I rave about them as well, they work like "magic" (which means I don't know how they work ;) )

Perhaps you didn't wring them out enough? Mine feel cold but don't dampen my clothes as far as I remember, it hasn't been warm enough this year yet to need them or a fan.

The magic to me is that when they no longer feel cool on you skin, flicking them makes them very cold again, and this works many times.

I feel the heat, so as well as a normal fan I have a neck fan which I wear (it is rechargeable). This was not from QVC and only cost about £10.

Actually from mid-summer day and for about 4 days after, it was cold and very dull here, about 15 deg, and I even had to put my central heating on.

I didn’t know such things existed and can’t imagine how they are to use but it’s good to get honest reviews on here. I shan’t be buying but I did think about getting a neck fan last year. I quite like the idea of that for around the house when I just fancy a quick blast of cool air (eg in the kitchen preparing food or doing housework!). Has anyone tried one? There are two on QVC but loads (cheaper) on Amazon.

I prefer the first type as I imagine the exposed blades of the second would catch my hair. The one review is negative due to the noise but it wouldn’t bother me for the short time I’d use it.

Oh, just saw Strato’s comment. Thanks!

I didn’t know such things existed and can’t imagine how they are to use but it’s good to get honest reviews on here. I shan’t be buying but I did think about getting a neck fan last year. I quite like the idea of that for around the house when I just fancy a quick blast of cool air (eg in the kitchen preparing food or doing housework!). Has anyone tried one? There are two on QVC but loads (cheaper) on Amazon.

I prefer the first type as I imagine the exposed blades of the second would catch my hair. The one review is negative due to the noise but it wouldn’t bother me for the short time I’d use it.

Oh, just saw Strato’s comment. Thanks!
This is mine, only £8-49, free PP, they are based in Jersey so no VAT apparently.

I have bought loads of stuff from them.

I rave about them as well, they work like "magic" (which means I don't know how they work ;) )

Perhaps you didn't wring them out enough? Mine feel cold but don't dampen my clothes as far as I remember, it hasn't been warm enough this year yet to need them or a fan.

The magic to me is that when they no longer feel cool on you skin, flicking them makes them very cold again, and this works many times.

I feel the heat, so as well as a normal fan I have a neck fan which I wear (it is rechargeable). This was not from QVC and only cost about £10.

Actually from mid-summer day and for about 4 days after, it was cold and very dull here, about 15 deg, and I even had to put my central heating on.
Honestly I gave it a good old wringing out! I didn't leave it on long enough for it to no longer feel cool as the sensation was so cold and unpleasant it certainly was not cooling. I'm glad that they do work their magic for what seems the majority of people as being overheated for whatever reason is horrendous and finding something to help you cope is a proper godsend!

Good to know because the presenters and BA's rave about them.
That’ll be the Menopause Factor. Anything that can be sold by mentioning menopause is pushed to the nth degree. I haven’t heard them try to upsell pre-lit Christmas table decorations as a menopause aid yet but give it time - Christmas in July is coming and they won’t want to miss an opportunity.

On a positive not and I don't think Q sell anything like this, but for the ladies, or anyone who wears make up regularly, you really cannot go wrong with these. Now this is what I really call "magic". These will get the most stubborn make up off with just warm water, even with the most gentle touch. One cloth will get about 6 faces of slap off before you have to wash them as they're massive and both sides can be used. They come in a pack of two so you can always have one on the go. So much better for the environment than wipes, and much cheaper and less faff than cleanser/cotton wool pads and cleanser - much more effective..and so reasonably priced. A game changer for me anyway! They're £11.99 btw plus postage but free click and collect if order over £30
1719481874180.png

Last edited:
Well, I've already started to good use out of the blessed things! I've given the bath, the shower screen and the tiles a good once over, given it a good rinse and wring, popped it back in its pouch and clipped hung it up on the hook behind the shower scrunchie. The rest are gonna be reincarnated as dusters/cloths and at least buying the set with 4 different colours I can colour code my cleaning. Of course it means OH will get to see them but I'll give him the old charity shop spiel and if he asks then I'll say he's welcome to try one out for its intended purpose. I didn't particularly need any more cleaning cloths but I do like the idea of them having their own personal little pouch and they're a really good size, so not so bad after all!

On a positive not and I don't think Q sell anything like this, but for the ladies, or anyone who wears make up regularly, you really cannot go wrong with these. Now this is what I really call "magic". These will get the most stubborn make up off with just warm water, even with the most gentle touch. One cloth will get about 6 faces of slap off before you have to wash them as they're massive and both sides can be used. They come in a pack of two so you can always have one on the go. So much better for the environment than wipes, and much cheaper and less faff than cleanser/cotton wool pads and cleanser - much more effective..and so reasonably priced. A game changer for me anyway! They're £11.99 btw plus postage but free click and collect if order over £30 View attachment 28957
I buy Erase my Face ones. Because they are big I also get 5 or 6 uses before they go in the washing machine. Sometimes use with just warm water or with wash off cleanser. Great for washing off exfoliators too. Much softer than those awful muslin cloths that come with wash off cleansers.

Well, I've already started to good use out of the blessed things! I've given the bath, the shower screen and the tiles a good once over, given it a good rinse and wring, popped it back in its pouch and clipped hung it up on the hook behind the shower scrunchie. The rest are gonna be reincarnated as dusters/cloths and at least buying the set with 4 different colours I can colour code my cleaning. Of course it means OH will get to see them but I'll give him the old charity shop spiel and if he asks then I'll say he's welcome to try one out for its intended purpose. I didn't particularly need any more cleaning cloths but I do like the idea of them having their own personal little pouch and they're a really good size, so not so bad after all!
I wouldn't store them for long, damp, in their pouches, they will probably get very smelly.

I think the pouches are for short term use, such as going out for a day and having it handy with you.

I wouldn't store them for long, damp, in their pouches, they will probably get very smelly.

I think the pouches are for short term use, such as going out for a day and having it handy with you.
I thought they were smelly anyway, so I doubt whether they could get much worse lol! If they do start to hum a lot then I'll bung 'em in the wash. Thanks for the advice though.

My mum bought one of these for her sister just last month. She was that impressed with it that she ordered one for herself too.

Also now bookmarked, thanks. I love how we get these personal recommendations. And we save money compared to Q!

Looks slightly different

Obviously, yours is only for women (what rubbish!).

Personal Fan for women​

Mine doesn't say what sex they are for (lol) and works perfectly for me :)
Clearly it’s for all our lovely genders. Eh, Alison?

Latest posts

Back