Apple is back on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

list of new items with prices and easy pay and no postage (some items are hidden as there are more showing than on the website)

APPLE iMac 21.5" All-In-One 2.7GHz Intel Quad Core i5 with 4GB RAM & 1TB HDD £1249.02 Available in 3 Easy Pay instalments of £416.34 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502121

APPLE MacBook Pro 13.3" 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 Laptop with 4GB RAM & 500GB HDD £999.00 Available in 4 Easy Pay instalments of £249.75 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502122

APPLE MacBook Air 11" Intel Core i5 Laptop with 2GB RAM & 64GB Flash Storage £849.00 Available in 2 Easy Pay instalments of £424.50 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502124

APPLE iPod Touch 32GB Media Player with WiFi and Front & Rear Cameras £249.00 Available in 2 Easy Pay instalments of £124.50 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502131

APPLE iPod Nano 16GB Mp3 Player with FM Radio £129.00
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx//app.detail/params.item.502132

APPLE iPhone 4 SIM Free Smartphone with Accessory Pack £459.00 Available in 3 Easy Pay instalments of £153.00 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502243

APPLE iPad2 16GB with WiFi and Accessories £384.00 Available in 4 Easy Pay instalments of £96.00 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502308

APPLE The New iPad 16GB with WiFi & Bluetooth Keyboard £449.00 Available in 2 Easy Pay instalments of £224.50 plus P&P
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502309

thats all i can see for now

really ?

blimey what a silly idea that you cant expand the memory

One of the many reasons I don't rate Apple. Everything is so restricted. That along with the mass marketing/brainwashing that convinces everyone Apple is the best. Do some research, compare with other brands. I guarantee you will find a better model. But then you won't be 'in' with the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

One of the many reasons I don't rate Apple. Everything is so restricted. That along with the mass marketing/brainwashing that convinces everyone Apple is the best. Do some research, compare with other brands. I guarantee you will find a better model. But then you won't be 'in' with the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Totally agree , im after a tablet but not a Ipad they are so expensive, i understand you cant even watch flash enabled websites on a I Pad how silly is that

There was a study that showed the area of the brain that lights up for religious experiences being the same one that lights up for some people when they see pictures of Apple products!

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/apple-stimulates-brains-religious-responses-claims-bbc-50003807/

Good job I am not religious. must buy Apple products now………..

As for Flash on the iPad. It rarely bothers me and it is becoming less usual for sites to just use Flash these days

Apple products are definitely not expandable beyond basic memory upgrades on a few models. This does mean that they just work and will carry on doing so. The less combinations of hardware the simpler it is for a manufacturer to make the product reliable. It's a trade off, reliability against expandability. For any Apple Mac Book or iMac I would definitely recommend buying Applecare to get 3 year repair cover. They are a bitch to repair yourself

In terms of expensive. It is again a trade off. The cheaper tablets have less sensitive screens and often poor battery life. Tablets from Motorola and others that are similar spec are around the same price or even more expensive than the iPad.

Manufacturers who are attempting to build laptops similar to the MacBook Air are finding that their prices are higher than Apple. They then compromise by offering cheaper quality materials. I was given an HP laptop at work. It sort of looked like a MacBook Pro. Except it was made of brushed aluminium effect plastic with some metal to strengthen it instead of a single piece of aluminium. It was incredibly heavy and flexed on anything other than a delicate key press. It may have been £500 cheaper than a Macbook Pro but it was scratched and beginning to fall to bits after 3 months and I look after my stuff with kid gloves.

With my Apple products over the years i have always treated them as a three year purchase and if I get an extra year or two that is a bonus. My current MacPro was expensive when I bought it, but it is now coming up to 5 years old and has been switched on 24x7 with just a couple of weeks downtime. £500 a year isn't bad really. I expect the power usage was similar! A Dell desktop PC I purchased lasted just 14 months of 24x7 running before failing. An HP desktop did a little better at 3 years but was only used once or twice a month. You get what you pay for and yes this also means paying Apple a small premium for the privilege

So buy a Mac and be happy. God and the Apple shareholders want you to.

Stuart

Totally agree , im after a tablet but not a Ipad they are so expensive, i understand you cant even watch flash enabled websites on a I Pad how silly is that

I have the Sony Tablet S which originally was the same price as an ipad. It has a memory card! I believe they have come down in price now though, £300 I think. A few people I know have bought cheaper tablets and end up having trouble with them. It all depends how much you want/have to spend. My dad paid £150 for his and it works ok, but the sound went after a week. Pro's and cons like anything I guess.

ok I have an Iphone, Ipad and MacBook...so I am biased, I don't miss MS windows and their endless security updates, I have to use Flash for games on Facebook (PionerVille), however, many of these games are becoming free Apps which overcomes that, and I don't miss Flash as there are lots of free apps for Iplayer etc..

The annoying thing is on my Macbook, Adobe plug ins are the only thing that makes it crash!

Adobe Flash doens't work as well on any mobile device, Flash I think is for PC's and I believe Adobe aren't going to develop Flash anymore for mobile devices, this the fact it can't be used with the Ipad will become less and less of a problem.

My Sis lives in the US is involved in technology (remote sensing) and believes that Flash is a yesterday thing.

We might be all wrong and I am an Apple convert so I'm not being very subjective!

(Flash also may Firefox crash)

Last edited:
Thankyou very much Stuart about connecting iPhone to iPad, will be very useful, and I'm another who loves the ipad

I am also an 'Apple person' I have an iphone, ipad, macbook, ipod touch, ipod shuffle and Apple tv. And I love them all. As I said on the other thread about Lulu Guinness handbags - 'once you have tried steak...............' There service is second to none - you can always pop into a store and get advice and the service is great. If you have a fault with an item they will normally do you a great deal on a replacement - my son got his iphone 4 replaced with a new one for just £50 when it completely died. Orange wanted £150 just to replace it with a refurbished one.

I am with Vodafone and when I tether my ipad to my iphone it costs £5 per month - which is only charged for the month you have actually used the tethering.So if you don't use it one month you don't get charged. You can then use the internet allowance you get on your phone contract. Other providers have different schemes.

I have been trying to watch the presentations.

The ipad3 has no video.

The iphone comes up as the notebook.

I've given up trying to look at any others, it's too much trouble.

I don't think that QVC reads this forum, because they never do anything about all our moans about their useless website (I've put on about 3 different posts about it just today).

I went for it

I ordered an Ipad 3! I've been thinking about it for weeks and the easypays kind of persuaded me. Mind you I had to really wrestle with the website to get my order through! I didn't watch the presentation and ordered this morning.

Then I went on to the Kipling website and ordered their Ipad sleeve in grape to go with another recent QVC purchase....:grin:

Now I am on a strict budget until holiday next month.

The ipad3 has no video.

I don't think that QVC reads this forum, because they never do anything about all our moans about their useless website (I've put on about 3 different posts about it just today).

well i have no problem and the iphone sold out pretty quickly so there aint a vid for it

The ipad3 has no video.

The iphone video is there and is coming up with iphone!

I ordered an Ipad 3! I've been thinking about it for weeks and the easypays kind of persuaded me. Mind you I had to really wrestle with the website to get my order through! I didn't watch the presentation and ordered this morning.

Then I went on to the Kipling website and ordered their Ipad sleeve in grape to go with another recent QVC purchase....:grin:

Now I am on a strict budget until holiday next month.

I went for the Ipad 3 too looking for a cover. Is this the one you went for?
http://www.kipling.com/uk-en/digi-touch-sleeve.html?show_img=K1276919900+999

It's not an ipad3 it's "the new iPad". Either way it's a brilliant piece of kit. I have the ipad2 and it never leaves my side. Enjoy.

There was a study that showed the area of the brain that lights up for religious experiences being the same one that lights up for some people when they see pictures of Apple products!
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/apple-stimulates-brains-religious-responses-claims-bbc-50003807/

Good job I am not religious. must buy Apple products now………..

As for Flash on the iPad. It rarely bothers me and it is becoming less usual for sites to just use Flash these days

Apple products are definitely not expandable beyond basic memory upgrades on a few models. This does mean that they just work and will carry on doing so. The less combinations of hardware the simpler it is for a manufacturer to make the product reliable. It's a trade off, reliability against expandability. For any Apple Mac Book or iMac I would definitely recommend buying Applecare to get 3 year repair cover. They are a bitch to repair yourself

In terms of expensive. It is again a trade off. The cheaper tablets have less sensitive screens and often poor battery life. Tablets from Motorola and others that are similar spec are around the same price or even more expensive than the iPad.

Manufacturers who are attempting to build laptops similar to the MacBook Air are finding that their prices are higher than Apple. They then compromise by offering cheaper quality materials. I was given an HP laptop at work. It sort of looked like a MacBook Pro. Except it was made of brushed aluminium effect plastic with some metal to strengthen it instead of a single piece of aluminium. It was incredibly heavy and flexed on anything other than a delicate key press. It may have been £500 cheaper than a Macbook Pro but it was scratched and beginning to fall to bits after 3 months and I look after my stuff with kid gloves.

With my Apple products over the years i have always treated them as a three year purchase and if I get an extra year or two that is a bonus. My current MacPro was expensive when I bought it, but it is now coming up to 5 years old and has been switched on 24x7 with just a couple of weeks downtime. £500 a year isn't bad really. I expect the power usage was similar! A Dell desktop PC I purchased lasted just 14 months of 24x7 running before failing. An HP desktop did a little better at 3 years but was only used once or twice a month. You get what you pay for and yes this also means paying Apple a small premium for the privilege

So buy a Mac and be happy. God and the Apple shareholders want you to.

Stuart

Exactly as I said earlier - brainwashing :tongue:

It's not an ipad3 it's "the new iPad". Either way it's a brilliant piece of kit. I have the ipad2 and it never leaves my side. Enjoy.

Thanks Burlz I am looking forward to getting mine. So why do some people call it the ipad3 then, and what will the next one be the newer ipad? Confused and it doesn't take much.

Apple calling it "the new ipad" is daft IMO unless they are never going to have a newer one.

I call it the ipad3 as that is more sensible, as do many other people.

I put a post up ages ago that they would have to call the next one an "even newer one", then the "newest one" then the "even newer than the newest one", and so on!

Either that, or they will come out with a new product with a new name.

Any suggestions for the name? Perhaps the " i do everything pad" including a phone??

Apple calling it "the new ipad" is daft IMO unless they are never going to have a newer one.

I call it the ipad3 as that is more sensible, as do many other people.

I put a post up ages ago that they would have to call the next one an "even newer one", then the "newest one" then the "even newer than the newest one", and so on!

Either that, or they will come out with a new product with a new name.

Any suggestions for the name? Perhaps the " i do everything pad" including a phone??

Oh that made me giggle thanks Stratobuddy.

Latest posts

Back