Apple is back on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely to God(c) it can't be as bad as the last one. I don't watch any of these channels but will have to check that out. Thanks for the heads-up!

Tune in on Sunday 10th June at 5pm to see Q Technology featuring Apple in which we'll be showcasing some of their most popular gadgets including Apple TV (pictured left), iPhone 4, MacBook Air, and the iconic iPad (2 and 3).

and its with charlie and lee as the guest

Oh gawd not Wiggy "presenting" Apple again. He knew naff all about what the iPad can actually do other than tell us you can get lots of apps. Like we never knew that! He has virtually no knowledge of the technical aspects of the iPad, eg tethering to your iPhone via Bluetooth (so no need to buy a 3G/4G iPad if you own an iPhone). I can't believe Apple allow someone like Lee/Wiggy to even present their products.

Oh gawd not Wiggy "presenting" Apple again. He knew naff all about what the iPad can actually do other than tell us you can get lots of apps. Like we never knew that! He has virtually no knowledge of the technical aspects of the iPad, eg tethering to your iPhone via Bluetooth (so no need to buy a 3G/4G iPad if you own an iPhone). I can't believe Apple allow someone like Lee/Wiggy to even present their products.

there again do they even need anyone doing it as it will just all sell out again

Fair point Ian, I suggest Sharon the model holding it in elegant poses and Frankenfurter wittering about being a girly and not needing to know about techy stuff to use it!

Jude xx

Do they actually do good bundles for Apple stuff like on qvc in the states? If it is just retail price then why not just go to apple store or other store thats sells Apple stuff and not waste the terrible qvc postage?

Sorry but i'd prefer to byuy from Apple direct or from an Apple store.
I will record as it is going to be a laugh with Wiggy Lee talking complete and utter Boll**ks about a product he has no knowledge about.

When will QVC realise how useless and incompetent he is and get a decent guest presenter.

I would like to know how to tether an iphone to an ipad, please explain, have I got that right it doesnt have to be 3g

We are looking to get an iPad 3 32GB (£479 everywhere) but the one listed on QVC's website is only a 16GB but supplied with a bluetooth keyboard and listed at £449 on two easy pays. The iPad 3 16GB is usually £399.00, so they are charging £50 for the keyboard. This is normally £57, so with the free p&P it's a reasonable deal. But I'm so frustrated because we want the 32GB and don't need a keyboard! Oh well, back to the Apple Store. Unless they are holding something back …

I would like to know how to tether an iphone to an ipad, please explain, have I got that right it doesnt have to be 3g

On the iPhone go into Settings and switch on "Personal Hotspot". Then on the iPad go into Settings and choose Wi-Fi. Then select the iPhone hotspot and connect using the password given on the iPhone. Now your iPad will be connecting to the internet via the 3G services on the iPhone which is acting as a little Wi-Fi hub for you.

Warning - Some mobile providers claim there is an additional connection charge to do this, but I am not sure how they would know? Check your next bill just to be sure!

Stuart

If anyone wants to know whether or not to buy Apple kit. The following site gives a good overview of the likelihood of something being replaced soon.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Chances are that MacBooks and possibly the iMac will get updates announced at Apple's WWDC tomorrow (Monday 11th). Smaller tweaks to some models may just happen without a big fanfare. The Apple TV and iPad 3 will not be updated any time soon.

Apple themselves operate a no quibble 14 day return policy (from delivery). So in theory if QVC ship a model that becomes out of date within days you can walk into any Apple Store hand them your purchase and ask for a newer model as a replacement.

Finally it is worth bearing in mind that Apple operate a number of discount schemes, but do not publish them widely. It is always worth asking in an Apple store (or on the phone with Apple) if they have a discount agreement with your employer. Take along your work ID. Also ask if there are any educational discounts available. It may only be a few % but it all helps. Take along your children and some proof that they or you are attending a course.

Finally you can always buy from QVC. The Customer Service is pretty good and you get to try something for 30 days for the cost of the P&P

Stuart

EDIT: I have no connection to Apple (or QVC!) but have been a Mac user for more than 15 years. As the saying goes. Once you've done Mac there's no going back. Hides before the flames start!

Last edited:
Finally it is worth bearing in mind that Apple operate a number of discount schemes, but do not publish them widely. It is always worth asking in an Apple store (or on the phone with Apple) if they have a discount agreement with your employer. Take along your work ID. Also ask if there are any educational discounts available. It may only be a few % but it all helps. Take along your children and some proof that they or you are attending a course.

Finally you can always buy from QVC. The Customer Service is pretty good and you get to try something for 30 days for the cost of the P&P

Stuart
Thanks for the advice re the website. Sadly my employer (ie Me) does not have a nice arrangement with Apple. I have no children either with, or without, a course to attend either. Oh well! Our local official Apple retailer was running a 'recycling' thing where you could take in any old Mac (however old!) and trade it in for a new one. Unfortunately it was only for iMacs and not an option with an iPad!

Latest posts

Back