Anything In Q's Inventory To Fade A Pigmentation Spot?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minim

Registered Shopper
It's on my forehead, measures just under 1cm & it's been there for as long as I can remember.
I would like to get rid of it or at least fade it as much as possible.

I searched through Alison's recommendations & she suggested Alpha-H Liquid Gold, but some of the reviewers who bought the product for this specific reason were not that positive.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I do wear sunscreen by the way.

I dont want to reccommend this range on principle... But having watched most of the beauty shows Q does over the years isn't it Perricone which is sold as the one promising results like you are after? I dont use and couldnt because I have very sensitive skin ( didnt you say you have sensitive skin too, Minim?)

I dont want to reccommend this range on principle... But having watched most of the beauty shows Q does over the years isn't it Perricone which is sold as the one promising results like you are after? I dont use and couldnt because I have very sensitive skin ( didnt you say you have sensitive skin too, Minim?)

Yes, ultra-ridiculously-sensitive, so I'd only target that spot.
Quack Perricone's snake oil is a no-no - I'd have toxic poisoning

Alpha-H liquid gold did work for me I won't say that it got rid of the Pigmentation altogether, but it has really faded and I'm still using it every other night....

Alpha-H liquid gold did work for me I won't say that it got rid of the Pigmentation altogether, but it has really faded and I'm still using it every other night....

do you slap it over the whole face or just the spot? i've got a hormone induced one on my cheek. call it my gravy stain. there used to be a cream years ago called fade-out i think. didn't work although i wasn't very good at using it regularly. i seem to remember tova saying there was something in her range too but again years ago.

I've got pigmentation marks caused by laser therapy but fortunatel the are literally along the edge of my jawline so even though I have one on each side the positioning is such that no one really notices. But of course I ****** notice. Alpha H White Gold did help a bit but they're definitely still there. I find the best thing to do is to always wear SPF because in my case the pigmentation tans much more than the rest of my face. I've really given up trying to get rid but you might have more luck with White Gold than I did.

do you slap it over the whole face or just the spot? i've got a hormone induced one on my cheek. call it my gravy stain. there used to be a cream years ago called fade-out i think. didn't work although i wasn't very good at using it regularly. i seem to remember tova saying there was something in her range too but again years ago.

Fade out never touched my Pigmentation, I have no idea what caused mine, but I have two small brownish marks either side of my forehead, I did and still do use dermablend under my makeup. I use Alpha H every other night all over my face, it takes time to see a difference.

If not hormonal then usually sun damage. Yes QVC used to sell a cream years ago which AY swore by, it was like Fade Out but not that name. You need to be very careful with bleaching agents. I know some of the Oriental BB Creams have some whiting in them.

one of the reviews for judith williams phytominerals neck and decollete cream says the pigmentation on her chest was reduced. i had hormonally caused pigmentation on my face and wore sunfactor for a few years and it has vanished.

I had a pigment spot on my right cheek just under my eye I did try Alpha H but it did nothing at all to fade it, Inused to have to use an industrial strength concealer. I changed my skin care a few months ago but not to one tha QVC sell but a South African brand, Environ, that is only supplied to salons it's a step up vitamin cream and I am now on stage 3. That along with micro needling at home and 4 months later the spot has all but disappeared don't need concealer on it any more.
I did only use the milder Alpha H as it was so close to my eye so don't know if the "stronger" one would work, I have quite a few smaller areas and recently had to have one removed as it turned put to be a squamous cell carcinoma so I am now paranoid about pigmented areas. I only went to the Drs because Environ had faded all the other areas but not the particular one that was removed. The problem is they go on about sun damage but I have never been a sun worshipper and have for the last 30+ years always worn high sun factor everywhere including my face even before it was the "done thing" because I have lupus and sun exposure sets it off and make the symptoms including those affecting the skin worse. I think there are thousands of people out there whose sun damage comes from thier childhood.

No personal experience ... but as you have sensitve skin, Akamuti may be worth a look. Based in SWales, their products are organic|fairtrade and unique eg; chunks of shea butter! I gave up trying to be Native and my next order for shea was in a jar. I am using Raspberry Seed Oil for my face now to calm the-moringa-bumps and the aroma is divine, green-tea. All the best ...

I've got a hormone one on my cheek too Janie, annoyed me, but I'm told it's because of the type of pill I am on. It's called a melasma, it is also caused by over exposure to the sun, pregnancy and a few other things. The best thing to do is keep out of the sun and/or use a high factor sun cream (I use a block on my face).

I am told that nothing can be done about them at the moment!

I've got a hormone one on my cheek too Janie, annoyed me, but I'm told it's because of the type of pill I am on. It's called a melasma, it is also caused by over exposure to the sun, pregnancy and a few other things. The best thing to do is keep out of the sun and/or use a high factor sun cream (I use a block on my face).

I am told that nothing can be done about them at the moment!

yep, was the pill that caused mine - plus i've always been a sun worshipper which i don't suppose helped :wink:

I had Melasma on my neck that started with pregnancy and unfortunately did not go after the birth of my daughter.
Hormones my GP said.
Now I haven't got any hormones it's gone lol.

This pigmentation is probably a birthmark. I've always had it. In fact, I've got 3 in virtually a straight line - forehead, top eyelid, under lower eyelid. The 2 around the eye are very small and I'd not mess with them.

hmmmm, i don't know but i'd have thought if it's a birthmark, you're probably stuck with it - like a mole or freckle.