Anybody agree that Simon Brown should be a permanent presenter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norbitonite

Registered Shopper
I used to like Simon when he was on Bid Up/Price Drop and I've seen him do a few cook's essentials and prepology guest spots on QVC and I think that he's better than most of their full time presenters, let alone the guests. Does anyone agree?

Simon Brown is very good at presenting, remember him from Shop! Got some brilliant bargains from that channel.

Totally agree, think he would be a great asset to the "team".

sorry but no! he is good at describing and presenting the products but no...sorry! has not got the wow factor to be on all the time....
bit like having that northern nights woman that strokes the bedding for all her lifes worth ms debedee...no!! no!!

Blimey. If they start insisting on the wow factor, they'd have an awful lot of vacancies. I can't think of one current presenter who'd qualify.

Blimey. If they start insisting on the wow factor, they'd have an awful lot of vacancies. I can't think of one current presenter who'd qualify.

Well, to be fair, there are a lot of them who have the "Wow, how did this eeejit get onto the telly?" factor...

Not on what I seen yesterday.

He tried to clean a pan with a kitchen towel that had burnt cheese sauce in it, and failed on two attempts.

I would watch more QVC hours if Simon Brown was a permanent presenter. I find that he explains products very well... without sending me to sleep. tired

I like SB

Hi,
I remember Simon Brown from Shop too. I think he is very watchable and would like to see him on QVC more.

:nod::nod::nod:

I like Simon Brown and they do seem to have brought him in to more foodie-type shows since the departure of Daniel Green. I think he describes the equipment really, really well. He cooks real food that we might actually be able to muster at the end of a busy day and he doesn't have any of those irritating chef habits - like tossing stuff in the air before catching it in a dish behind his back! I am enjoying the Saturday Kitchen shows too and think he and Craig make a good team - since Craig seems to genuinely enjoy cooking.

Simon brown used to be on QVc as a guest cookery presenter before he went to other channels.

I recalled Anthony being on Shop
Was Simon Brown there at the same time and what did he present ?
Thought when Simon appeared on QVC I could have seen him somewhere before.

:sun:

I recalled Anthony being on Shop
Was Simon Brown there at the same time and what did he present ?
Thought when Simon appeared on QVC I could have seen him somewhere before.

:sun:

Yes, I'm sure they were on Shop together. Don't think either of them stuck to any particular shows if I remember correctly but I might be wrong. Can definitely remember both of them presenting jewellery.

I wonder if Shop was the first place Anthony tried out his presenting skills because he did appear quite nervous in front of the cameras but Debbie (surname escapes me at the moment!) was always so encouraging. Mind you, it's not a job I could do so well done to him for becoming so confident and relaxed about something he obviously enjoys doing, particularly the technical things.

Yes, I'm sure they were on Shop together. Don't think either of them stuck to any particular shows if I remember correctly but I might be wrong. Can definitely remember both of them presenting jewellery.

I wonder if Shop was the first place Anthony tried out his presenting skills because he did appear quite nervous in front of the cameras but Debbie (surname escapes me at the moment!) was always so encouraging. Mind you, it's not a job I could do so well done to him for becoming so confident and relaxed about something he obviously enjoys doing, particularly the technical things.

I only ever remember Anthony doing camcorders wearing jumpers never in smart shirt and ties.
I do remember Debbie with blonde hair, she's been on QVC within the last 6 months I think, with a clothes horse.

:flower:

sorry but no! he is good at describing and presenting the products but no...sorry! has not got the wow factor to be on all the time....

Likeable, watchable but rather boring? Nice bloke though, doesn't irritate me in the slightest, so could be worth a go if only for that! lol

No, Malcolm the other kitchen guest presenter is a lot better imo.:up2:

If he makes his peanut brittle one more time ...
It's not like we're all dying to know the best surface for making that on, is it?
Having said which both Malcolm and Simon seem quite keen on demo-ing it!

i have never been able to take simon brown seriously since i saw him in the street at manchester gay pride in full leather.
he is rather diminutive. the "look" didnt work frankly. im sure he was enjoying it though.

i always worry when i see him with silicon....

Latest posts

Back