Another Yankee Tsv 11/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't like Red Velvet (had it in a sampler & wax melt), and I haven't smelt the other two, but I am definitely interested in this TSV because of that - Banana Nut Bread will look & smell great in my kitchen (but this the only room I would burn it in). My partner likes Red Velvet so that will probably get burnt in the kitchen too. And then depending on what the Blueberries smells like will depend where I burn that one.

What's the story behind this trio? Last summer we had a 3x large jar TSV and they were suppose to be 'specially hand-picked for QVC UK from Yankee Candle's US range'. Is this TSV the same?

That TSV was £33.48, do we recone this will be similar? i.e. £35 ish plus £5.95 postage?

yep!! its based on the same principal as that very tsv you mentioned & yes im thinkin around the same price

I was expecting something really good for this TSV after the disappointment over the Car TSV, so I'm a bit disheartened by it to be honest.
IMO they are late Autumn or Winter fragrances, so that's me out of another Yankee TSV. (I don't think I've bought a Yankee TSV for over 2 years now)!

Yankee are either being brave or stupid with this TSV. As they know, and say often on air, there are lots of different collectors with different tastes: foodies, fresh, floral, festive, and fantasy. Personally, I only like fresh and floral, with an occasional fantasy if it's basically a blend of those two. I'm sure I'm not the only one who just buys these classifications. But with this TSV, it's for foodies only. If you don't like the food fragrances, tough. I would have thought they could have options rather than just food only. Shame :-(

Oh I am with you on the fresh, fantasy and floral front! I can live without fruit and food. AlthoughI do like spice such as cinnamon and vanilla, and indeed honey, I do not really want something smelling of a specific food item like a cake. I only get food or fruit if in a mixed set at good price but would not get a totally foodie one. I shall not be buying tomorrow unless they bring out the new Indian Summer large jars like Ginger Dusk. If they don't have them I shall get them elsewhere.

I won't be buying this TSV, I only like the Red Velvet out of this collection. The new Indian Summer collection is beautiful but I doubt they will have that on tomorrow. I love the Amber Sunset from that collection.

I watched the launch 'just because' but I'm another one who cannot get their head around burning a candle which smells of cake?! I love a floral fragrance and some fresh but anything foodie or sweet and sickly I can't imagine even wanting to have my house smelling of. If I did I'd just bake ;)
But each to the their own...

Thing is though, with the postage it's £40 for three large jars (£13.33p each) with most in amazon for £14 or £15 (and often deals like that online elsewhere) youre better off buying a couple that you really want and choose!

I watched the launch 'just because' but I'm another one who cannot get their head around burning a candle which smells of cake?! I love a floral fragrance and some fresh but anything foodie or sweet and sickly I can't imagine even wanting to have my house smelling of. If I did I'd just bake ;)
But each to the their own...

Thing is though, with the postage it's £40 for three large jars (£13.33p each) with most in amazon for £14 or £15 (and often deals like that online elsewhere) youre better off buying a couple that you really want and choose!

thing is these are not so easy to get hold of now like i know people who have paid £30 for blueberry (NO EBAY) from a very good source & a very repatbule (SP) seller so even if you want just that one the TSV is worth it

thing is these are not so easy to get hold of now like i know people who have paid £30 for blueberry (NO EBAY) from a very good source & a very repatbule (SP) seller so even if you want just that one the TSV is worth it

Ha just seen it. Those greedy ebay sellers hoping to make a killing won't be impressed Blueberry is now in a TSV!

I normally jump at the chance of an Yankee jar auto delivery but I'm going to give it a miss this time. I have been having lots of problems with wicks and not burning to the edge of the jar and the scents not happening. I have moved to Kringle and have been having much more success with these.

I think after the bargain alot of us got in December from Yankee direct (2x Large Jars for £16.99 + free P&P) i shall be waiting for a similar offer this December , Hopefully the September Tsv will be Tarts at a good price, already have several unused large jars so unless its a fragrance i adore ill give Qvc a miss on the jars.

I normally jump at the chance of an Yankee jar auto delivery but I'm going to give it a miss this time. I have been having lots of problems with wicks and not burning to the edge of the jar and the scents not happening. I have moved to Kringle and have been having much more success with these.

I've banned myself from buying jars because of the same issue. I follow all the correct 'burning rules' and still I get candles that don't burn to the edges. Wherever this magical 3 hours comes from for a large jar to burn to the edges I do not know! Average minimum of 4-6 hours, never once had one reach the edges sooner.

Latest posts

Back