another boring day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
looking at the schedule its the same as any time last week. Wynne Layers and a bit of other regular fashion brands, Moda in P, Ruthless, diamonique. No doubt at the weekend it will be gardening again, and Holbein will be popping up with yet another fantastic 'piece of kit'.

I'm so surprised that all the presenters are managing to keep their jobs as the amount of vendors appear to be dwindling.

I’m painting at present and watching the paint drying is 100 times more exciting than Q.

Had to get hair cut this morning so took a run around the few shoes we have left. When into TK to look for a soup ladle and came out with 2 handbags and Mr L went into Pavers and came out with 2 pairs of shoes!

I look on here to see upcoming TSVs and there's fewer and fewer that I'm interested in. I managed to resist both the MB and Elemis so maybe my Q shopping days are nearing the end of the line. Most things are just far too much money and most other online retailers offer better value and free returns.

CC

I'm so bored with it all now, I don't even know what the TSV is each day, and quite frankly don't care.
I look on here to see upcoming TSVs and there's fewer and fewer that I'm interested in. I managed to resist both the MB and Elemis so maybe my Q shopping days are nearing the end of the line. Most things are just far too much money and most other online retailers offer better value and free returns.

CC
same here!
To be perfectly honest as far as I’m concerned there’s that much put out regarding stuff that’s going to be sold, there’s no secret in what’s to be on offer. If it’s not brand ambassadors doing posts, videos, question-answer sessions, stories, blogs from presenters, information on what they have been trying, wearing and what deals are coming. Most of all these are on a constant loop, dependant on the time of year. Coupled with the constant flogging of big deals, the TSV’s in my view have lost there sparkle for me, certainly by now being offered days in fact a week in advance and also afterwards still being offered on the website. Then couple in with there being a chance of advance orders more than likely to coincide with the next pay cheque. Also there’s certainly as I see it no rush to suss out what’s going to be coming when it get changed a few weeks before hand. The continued repeat of certain brands taking over the previously treasured TSV space, for me now also adds to the sheer dullness of it all.

I don't do SM so I don't see BAs doing posts, videos, questions, blog and the rest. I don't have time to watch all that stuff. I like to look here and see what's coming up so I know if I want to save up for it, if it's on EP or if I don't need to watch that day!

CC
I‘m not really into social media either it’s just QVC have changed so much.
Now they can’t wait to get stuff out there getting folk to buy on the temptation of as they say, cutting the cost into bite sized chunks before they have thought about it.

I think with the cost of everything going up easy pays will become the norm on QVC but it's going down a rocky road as you end up with 4 or 5 payments coming out around the same time. Quiro ladies take note.

I'm really cutting down my spending. Petrol went up 8p here in one day.

CC
Its just the prices of these beauty TSV’s are excepted to be around £20 minimum more than they used to be, as you can buy easily on easy pay.
Folk are getting took in with it all, but your still paying the increased amount.
With the next offer will have the same spiel pushed down your throat again.
With all this your only paying x more and getting all these products, making the purchase irresistible.

I used to buy tons of beauty TSVs but now they are all pushing £80 and above plus postage. As much as I want to buy they are becoming unaffordable and I'm switching to cheaper alternatives. EP's can get you into trouble but I actually think Advance Orders are worse because you forget you ordered (or I forget I ordered) and then you have payments coming out all at the same time, leaving you short. I'm not as organised as those that have spreadsheets etc and that's what Q rely on.

CC

Well, we all know that about 5 companies in the world own nearly all the well known beauty firms. ie AS BEAUTY own Laura Geller, Mally, Tarte Cosmetics to name a few. Estee Lauder owns Clinique, Lancombe, L'Oreal etc.. Liz Earle is owned by Walgreens Boots Alliance, along with No.7, Soap & Glory, and the list goes on.......

So it makes you wonder that when you buy a certain brand the chances are that it could be the same formula used by another brand under the same 'umbrella'.

I think with the cost of everything going up easy pays will become the norm on QVC but it's going down a rocky road as you end up with 4 or 5 payments coming out around the same time. Quiro ladies take note.

I'm really cutting down my spending. Petrol went up 8p here in one day.

CC
I think we are all aware of the price hikes and I have my pensions which I worked very hard for so I am nowhere near the ‘bread line’. I don’t now want to be in any sort of debt apart from a couple of easy pays on Q which have been used so the cash stays in my bank for longer rather than theirs! However I am looking at my spending and asking do I need that? The answer is usually NO, but if I really wanted I could afford. The spending habits of some of these Qurio people is beyond my understanding.I like my skincare and that is my spend but I am so in control it is simply not a worry, even then I can give myself a strict talking to!

Latest posts

Back