Another bandwagon...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I know the movie Brief Encounter, my hubby loves old movies and I have seen Sleepless in Seattle which refers to it throughout. But I didn't know the name of the actor. And I HATE TOWIE and any reality TV. Though I confess to watching The Voice at the mo. does not really count as reality tho.[/QUOTE

Um...think that's "An Affair To Remember" Weathergirl, not "Brief Encounter"!]

Oops! Sorry!!!!

I love those old b/w films too - usually check if there are any on to tape during the day and watch in the evening instead of the tripe they feed us! Why oh why do we never see a good old Bette Davis or Jimmy Cagney film on the box these days! Wonder if they would provide an "old film channel" for us er..people of a certain age!

Ah, Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Stewart Granger.....phew! need to stop now :happy:

I love the old films such as brief encounter, one of my favourites is the ladykillers with Alec Guiness,the ending of that is brilliant.

Lovely thread! Im a Doris Day fan myself. At almost 40 my freinds are always raving about the films from the 80's but i have to confess that the oldies are the best.

I think I watch The Philadelphia Story at least once a month and Casablanca! African Queen- love Katherine Hepburn and adore anything with Humphrey Bogart. Also adore Audrey Hepburn, have a fab boxed set of all her movies. Ooh nearly forgot Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman, James Stewart and later the lovely William Holden. Love old films!

Latest posts

Back