Annoyed over refund!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
I returned a mookite stretch bracelet last Monday because the elastic snapped. I sent with one of their prepaid 2nd class labels asking for a refund (I am fed up of their imitation Lola Rose stuff - although great prices the string / elastic is bad quality unlike Lola stuff!) Label took 5 days to get here then a week to get back to them - they received it today. I then got an email today saying that they were actioning a replacement when I put REFUND on the returns slip!!! So, I called CS and they said they could cancel sending out a replacement but due to it showing as exchanged on my account they cannot refund my card, they have to send a cheque! How ridiculous! I've now got to wait for a 2nd class posted cheque to appear - fingers crossed and then I've got to pay it in at the bank and wait for it to clear - what a pis* take!

Oh dear what a mess for a bracelet.

Hope it all gets sorted soon and what a pain having to wait for a cheque, I don't think they know what they are doing sometimes. Obviously whoever did your return did not read the return label properly.

If they can cancel sending out the replacement, then surely someone could have authorised the proper refund. Sometimes they just need a little bit of a push.

Of course, maybe you tried that with no luck. I think I'm getting a bit more bolshy in my old age and this would have annoyed me!

If they can cancel sending out the replacement, then surely someone could have authorised the proper refund. Sometimes they just need a little bit of a push.

Of course, maybe you tried that with no luck. I think I'm getting a bit more bolshy in my old age and this would have annoyed me!

I was and always am bolshy but it didn't work on this occasion, they just said the system won't do it

They did the complete opposite for me-asked for a smaller size in a cardigan and instead got a refund (even though the replacement was put on hold and was linked to the original item by the person I spoke to!).Why can't they get it right?

I returned a mookite stretch bracelet last Monday because the elastic snapped. I sent with one of their prepaid 2nd class labels asking for a refund (I am fed up of their imitation Lola Rose stuff - although great prices the string / elastic is bad quality unlike Lola stuff!) Label took 5 days to get here then a week to get back to them - they received it today. I then got an email today saying that they were actioning a replacement when I put REFUND on the returns slip!!! So, I called CS and they said they could cancel sending out a replacement but due to it showing as exchanged on my account they cannot refund my card, they have to send a cheque! How ridiculous! I've now got to wait for a 2nd class posted cheque to appear - fingers crossed and then I've got to pay it in at the bank and wait for it to clear - what a pis* take!

How frustrating tinaborder but I know how you feel.
I bought a Liz Earle Skin Repair Duo but on opening the package discovered just one tube.
I rang CS and asked for the other one but they said to return it and they'd just replace the whole thing.
Returned it and waited....(no pre-paid label either)
Eventually got a letter from them asking me to return the duo tubes and they'd send a replacement....eh?
Emailed them and said I'd returned the tube ages ago but they said they'd sent it back as I'd only returned one....Aaarghhhh!
Waited for returned tube to come back to me....never turned up.
Emailed CS, went through the whole thing again and got a reply saying they'd refunded me and to keep the returned tube if it ever arrives back. It hasn't.:sad:

They actually said this all happened because I sent the tube back without contacting them first....
:headbang:

Good luck!

Twice I have asked for an exchange on items and they have given me a refund instead, which is very frustrating. I was lucky they had the items in stock. I think they don't always look at those slips properly.

Twice I have asked for an exchange on items and they have given me a refund instead, which is very frustrating. I was lucky they had the items in stock. I think they don't always look at those slips properly.

I don't think they look at them at all

Something similar happened to me a while a go - when something had broken (actually a real Lola Rose!) after the 30 days was up. I have to say, they were very apologetic and posted the cheque out very quickly indeed.

If you currently need a refund on a maestro/switch there is a problem. They have told me that they have got to refund as a cheque at the moment as refunds that they are putting on these cards are bouncing back. Maestro apparently need to get it sorted and this has been a problem in the past too.

Latest posts

Back