Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I've seen Anne being interviewed and she seems lovely, but as a presenter, noooooo.

Over the past few days she's been on a lot & she does far too much talking (rambling). Today she's on Amanda Wakeley''s hour & every other word is beautiful/stunning/gorgeous/lovely/glorious/fantastic/great. She's stumbling and is uncomfortable 😔

She was too much on the Gatineau hour too & I had to turn over.

I agree, hadn’t seen her for a while and was surprised the other day how rude she’s become, interrupting constantly and don’t get me started on the “yeh know” “yeh know” I’m sure she’s a lovely woman but as a presenter, it’s a no from me too.

Quite a few presenters seem to have a personality change when on air lately. I am beginning to wonder if it is the producers' fault? Shouting in the earpiece telling them to push sell, the guest is talking too much we need to move on so stop them etc etc.

A few months ago she was praised on here for being the only one who didn't talk over guests. What a shower, I've said it before so will say it again - over 7 billion people on the planet & they choose this bunch of wallies. I watch web repeats for entertainment, keep my account for Clarks bargains & use the info about the few brands I like to find the same for cheaper.

Quite a few presenters seem to have a personality change when on air lately. I am beginning to wonder if it is the producers' fault? Shouting in the earpiece telling them to push sell, the guest is talking too much we need to move on so stop them etc etc.

I doubt it Donna, or they'd tell the presenters to shut their mush and let someone who actually knows about the item speak.

I haven`t watched Anne on screen in ages because her constant " You knowwww " at the end of every sentence drove me mad. I suppose we all have bad habits when we talk and of course dialect and local phrases creep in without thinking but she`s on TV trying to sell stuff and if it annoys me and makes me turn off then I`m sure it annoys others too.

I like Anne and she's one I actually like watching. If you want a rude presenter, how about Kathy Tayler? I know Basso isn't anyone's favourite guest but she was just awful with him in a show the other day. I turned off as she just butted in on anything he was trying to say.

CC

I like Anne and she's one I actually like watching. If you want a rude presenter, how about Kathy Tayler? I know Basso isn't anyone's favourite guest but she was just awful with him in a show the other day. I turned off as she just butted in on anything he was trying to say.

CC

Ms Tayler is an odd combination, bumbling & hesitant while also being waspish & rude.

I'd rather watch Anne than Julia and Debbie who both think they're "it" or Claire with her baby type voice, or Simon with his constant shouting of "AND" when talking about a product or Kathy who doesn't seem to complete a sentence without stumbling. Katie also frequently says "ummm" when talking. In fact, I don't watch QVC that much any more because those presenters put me off.

I'm sure that they're all lovely in "real life" but as presenters .......... :mysmilie_11:

I'd rather watch Anne than Julia and Debbie who both think they're "it" or Claire with her baby type voice, or Simon with his constant shouting of "AND" when talking about a product or Kathy who doesn't seem to complete a sentence without stumbling. Katie also frequently says "ummm" when talking. In fact, I don't watch QVC that much any more because those presenters put me off.

I'm sure that they're all lovely in "real life" but as presenters .......... :mysmilie_11:

Some time ago someone decided that it would be a good idea to create the QVC family, the presenters became our 'friends' & you only need to look at some of the tweets to see how many customers have bought into this idea. I think it's also made the sales staff sloppy & over familiar; instead of professionals selling us the features & benefits of items we have the endless tales of families, holidays & weddings.

Some time ago someone decided that it would be a good idea to create the QVC family, the presenters became our 'friends' & you only need to look at some of the tweets to see how many customers have bought into this idea. I think it's also made the sales staff sloppy & over familiar; instead of professionals selling us the features & benefits of items we have the endless tales of families, holidays & weddings.

Can you imagine if Doris from checkout number 8 engaged in this nauseating behaviour, with tales of 'our Mercedes', 'our Harley-May' and 'our Rio' ?

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back