Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lemonz

Registered Shopper
Sorry I am not a fan of AD that voice & she is a tad OTT for me. But, I was shocked when I saw her today... she's looking ALOT older and wrinkly!:clock:

I normally switch off when she is presenting but I watched the Yankee Candle show today and I didn't think she was as shouty as normal.

I like Anne, typical loud Weegie (not meant to be offensive, term of endearment in Scotland) but as a fellow Scot I don't mind that. I'd quite like a night out with her :mysmilie_3:

She can be a bit loud but I wouldn't criticise her looks .I think she does the best she can given she is getting older. At least she hasn't had anything done to her face.

She's not doing enough and age is no excuse either. Maybe she should lay off fags & booze for a wee while, bathe in gatineau every night.

Sorry I am not a fan of AD that voice & she is a tad OTT for me. But, I was shocked when I saw her today... she's looking ALOT older and wrinkly!:clock:

She's not doing enough and age is no excuse either. Maybe she should lay off fags & booze for a wee while, bathe in gatineau every night.

When you get older, your skin ages too... most of our appearance is down to genetics (with sun exposure, health conditions and diet as other related factors).

How do you know how much she smokes or drinks anyway.

It really gets my goat when people are criticised for obviously ageing - what else would you suggest? Dying young?

Tell you what - you post a picture of yourself and give us your age and we can all critique your appearance too... wouldn't that be fun?

I don't know how people on this forum know such details about presenters. How do you know how much she drinks or smokes. Yes she has studied religion and appears on some of the God channels I believe.

She owns or used to own a place in Italy(we used to get her holidays and the villa rammed down our throats a lot), so could be sun bathing for years without. Makes Ann wash her mouth out, Ultra Sun or any sun protection. She does have roseaca I know, she showed herself using Bare Minerals to cover it.

I dislike her since the New Years Day years back doing a jewellery sale and all she talked about was the holiday home. Really it was, this ring is 9ct gold with sapphires if lucky no sizes real descriptions of anything. and the rest back to her place in Italy. I was round in a friend's that day and she asked if Ann was selling the said holiday villa as that is all we got for an hour.

Last time I saw her I thought she needed a hair stylist. Urgently. She could look a lot better than she does with her lank, limp hair.

I think that QVC really overdo the claims as to what all their miracle lotions and potions can do, so when a presenter does show the signs of ageing, just like the rest of us, we feel a bit cheated. Products can only do so much and maybe QVC should be more realistic about this but then that doesn't whip us all into a frenzy to spend our hard-earned cash.

I always think of Ann as a hard working woman, she has two or three sons and a Brother she looks after... which must mean he is disabled in some way. I like normal people and can't see much wrong in looking your age. She is not my favourite presenter but imo she is far from being qvc's worst.

I would rather see a person ageing naturally than some of the hideous faces we see on Q. Eg.. Tova,Lulu,The late Joan Rivers and the Diane Gilman woman who look absolutely awful. I do agree that they should look well groomed and hair and makeup should be excellent considering they products they try and flog.

I didn't used to take to AD, but now I don't mind her at all, and I think she does look good for her age, i'm not saying I like her more because I'm a Scot, it's simply that she bears no comparison to those QVC presenters that I just have to switch when they come on - so of the lot, i'd rather watch her than others I could name or should LOUDLY GET THEM OFF.

I don't think she looks old at all. She must be in her fifties and I think she looks fine. I liked her hair a bit shorter but that's not my decision. She seems a genuine person and that's worth more than a few wrinkles. As for smoking and drinking - so what. It was allowed last time I looked, even Christians do it.

CC

I don't think she looks old at all. She must be in her fifties and I think she looks fine. I liked her hair a bit shorter but that's not my decision. She seems a genuine person and that's worth more than a few wrinkles. As for smoking and drinking - so what. It was allowed last time I looked, even Christians do it.

CC

I only said about the religion as someone inferred (although we should take it as tongue in cheek?)that she was on the binge every night!
IMO it is the hair which lets her down badly.

However even if she looked that Kate Middleton I could listen to her shouting.

As Donna said about her holidays, if you read her current blog she is at it full on

The thing is with the telly nowadays is that we see people day in day out and feel we know them "personally" and permitted to pass comment. In reality of course we have no idea of what lies behind their on-screen persona that might affect their life. For example illness, menopause, relationships, children, elderly dependents etc. as we get older all these things take their toll on us and it's not easy for skin, hair and mood to bounce back as when we were 25 or even 40.

I'm nearly 60 and must look it because nobody seems surprised when they find out my age !! I keep myself well groomed, dress nicely etc and I'm not as inhibited in what I say or how I behave. I do the best I can but I'm sure others will disagree. I don't care and probably neither do the QVC ladies.

Latest posts

Back