Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The thing is with the telly nowadays is that we see people day in day out and feel we know them "personally" and permitted to pass comment. In reality of course we have no idea of what lies behind their on-screen persona that might affect their life. For example illness, menopause, relationships, children, elderly dependents etc. as we get older all these things take their toll on us and it's not easy for skin, hair and mood to bounce back as when we were 25 or even 40.

I'm nearly 60 and must look it because nobody seems surprised when they find out my age !! I keep myself well groomed, dress nicely etc and I'm not as inhibited in what I say or how I behave. I do the best I can but I'm sure others will disagree. I don't care and probably neither do the QVC ladies.

Well said.

I have never had a problem with Ann and I actually think she looks loads better than when I first saw her on Q a few years ago. Perhaps if she let the guests speak a bit more people would be less critical of other things. I think if something stands out about any presenter's presenting style that is annoying, then people can become quite cruel about irrelevant trivialities, like accent or appearance.

They have to look the business in that line of work. Well-groomed hair is part of that. But as long as the accent is understandable, it doesn't matter what it is.

Latest posts

Back