Anne Dawson - Sky Channel 581

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Graham

Registered Shopper
Can not believe that Anne Dawson is on revelation tv Sky Channel 581, a channel that spouts homophobic on a regular basis.

Totally Shocked!

20130415_124540-1.jpg

Can not believe that Anne Dawson is on revelation tv Sky Channel 581, a channel that spouts homophobic on a regular basis.

Totally Shocked!

20130415_124540-1.jpg

What is revelation TV? Is it like God Channel? I've got Virgin not sky. I'm shocked as she comes over as being an open minded normal person not some scary god squadder!

Good grief that is a shocker!!!!!! :eek:

Although if she moved there permanently and stopped appearing on QVC then I declare

'Praise the Lord for answering my prayers and God bless the Revelation Channel' :mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
What is revelation TV? Is it like God Channel? I've got Virgin not sky. I'm shocked as she comes over as being an open minded normal person not some scary god squadder!

She probably doesn't believe the drivel she's spouting for a minute, like she doesn't adore Quacker Factory clothes either, she's a tv presenter just in it for the money.

Several years ago Anne said she was studying Theology and she is a Christian.

Oooh I take it all back then! To be honest I don't know much about this Revelation Channel and am just assuming it is one of those happy clappy ones with people shouting Jesus loves me etc that you see when you're flicking through them. I shall have a look later.

As someone who has a strong faith and believer in Jesus it shocks me and angers me the homophobia that comes from certain people who claim to be for Jesus too. God loves each and every one of us. We all fall short of the glory of God. I believe that God has given me a set of guidelines to follow but I have 0% right to impose those beliefs on other people or judge them for that they do or do not do. God is the only judge. I may mange to follow some of those guidelines but believe me I fall short on many others.

PJ

The Revelation channel has a fair old mix from across the UK Christian spectrum. Most of their stuff is evangelical but I've also seen Catholics arguing their position too (not something you normally get on evo channels).

Is the OP saying that Christians, with fairly orthodox beliefs, should be banned from selling tat on shopping channels?

I'm gay and Anglican but I do accept that others may have a different understanding of points of theology. Provided honest opinions are expressed in a measured and respectful way I'm happy to listen, put my own view, and agree to disagree. I loathe the idea that we're all supposed to be bullied into believing exactly the same PC view on every single issue. Creation is manifold and varied. There's room for a range of views.

Last edited:
Is the OP saying that Christians, with fairly orthodox beliefs, should be banned from selling tat on shopping channels?
I believe Graham was saying that he's shocked that she appears on a channel that regularly spouts homophobic views. You would expect that QVC wouldn't want someone appearing on another channel that supports homophobic views as this could alienate viewers and therefore reduce sales. Plus, to most of us homophobia is wrong.

I believe Graham was saying that he's shocked that she appears on a channel that regularly spouts homophobic views. You would expect that QVC wouldn't want someone appearing on another channel that supports homophobic views as this could alienate viewers and therefore reduce sales. Plus, to most of us homophobia is wrong.

The channel airs shows from different Christian sources expressing many views. It isn't Homophobia Central - though, of course, there will be some people who uphold a traditional view of marriage, abstinence and sin given the nature of evangelical telly. That traditional evangelical approach wouldn't be my view - and for all we know it may not be Anne Dawson's either - but the notion that a shopping telly presenter should be ostracised for simply being present on another channel is ludicrous. It would be a different matter, of course, if she was spouting homophobic views ... but she isn't.

(Find it odd to be defending Anne Dawson, one of my least-liked presenters!)

I watch alot of God TV and have seen Anne on Revelation in the past.

'a channel that spouts homophobic on a regular basis', I've never seen this ever over all the years I have watched it.

I don't see what working on a God channel has got to do with working for QVC and vice versa. Surely we are all entitled to our opinions as long as we are not shouting them from the roof tops. I do know Anne once said she was studying Theology and is obviously a practising Christian and this is a free country. Live and let live I say. I am not a practising member of any religion.

I don't see what working on a God channel has got to do with working for QVC and vice versa. Surely we are all entitled to our opinions as long as we are not shouting them from the roof tops. I do know Anne once said she was studying Theology and is obviously a practising Christian and this is a free country. Live and let live I say. I am not a practising member of any religion.

I agree. She has gone way down in my estimations, but as long as she keeps her religious views to herself whilst presenting Q then carry on I say.

When did she appear on this channel? What was she doing, just presenting news and views?

She loves her freebees doesn't she? "Och I have just RAN out of this moisturiser/foundation/Kipling Bag" Wonder what she can cadge on this channel?

As someone who has a strong faith and believer in Jesus it shocks me and angers me the homophobia that comes from certain people who claim to be for Jesus too. God loves each and every one of us. We all fall short of the glory of God. I believe that God has given me a set of guidelines to follow but I have 0% right to impose those beliefs on other people or judge them for that they do or do not do. God is the only judge. I may mange to follow some of those guidelines but believe me I fall short on many others.

PJ

I agree. I had a discussion on twitter with someone about this earlier on in the week, she claims she is an 'orthodox catholic' and says I cannot possibly be catholic if I don't oppose gay marriage. I have never spoken to a more judgemental, bigoted person than her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back