Animal print. Is it me or is it always Bet Lynch?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
Well first I have to say that I never watched Corrie when Bet Lynch was behind the bar. But I have to say that I just can't come to terms with wearing animal print. I bought a couple of pieces thinking the phase would soon pass, but it seems to be going on and on.

We have had Leopard, crocodile, snake, tiger, and probably others. The only dress that I think is interesting is a Nina Leonard one that looks like giraffe print.

Is there anyone else who can't get past Bet Lynch?

Now you see, I'm the opposite... my guilty pleasure is a nice bit of animal print.

However, I do think 'less is more' so I don't mix prints or wear all over print... more a blouse, scarf or bag.

I love it!

I love animal print too, and agree less is more. I like the small animal print LG bag - if I were ever to buy one of her bags I think it would be that one

I love animal print too, and agree less is more. I like the small animal print LG bag - if I were ever to buy one of her bags I think it would be that one

She has some lovely animal print bags... I really, REALLY want one but wouldn't use it enough to justify the price. I've got the book shop one as a birthday present as it's quirky.

Even LG said that she loves animal print bags and she's no Bet Lynch.

No I couldn't justify it either. I prefer to spend on things I'll get lots of use from as money definitely is an object. I don't have a nice evening bag though, I took a really crap glittery one I got free from Avon last time I dressed up and everything about it felt horrible. I'm starting to think a small LG that would go with pretty much anything might be worth the outlay.

Years ago I won't have been seen dead in it - very Bet Lynch - then I went the opposite - loads, but only 1 at a time but now a bit bored with it and only tempted now and again.

I love a bit of animal print. My favourites are my leopard print ankle boots. They make me smile every time I look at my feet when I'm wearing them.

I'm even guilty of wearing a leopard print maxi frock. It's comfy, cosy and so easy to wear.

I know others don't agree but I love it.

Although I have never been a huge fan of animal prints, they can look amazingly chic when added to your outfits the right way. You will not see me in a full animal print dress anytime soon, but I think Shoes are the perfect accessory to include this very current trend into your wardrobe and make your outfit a bit edgier.

I have mainly animal print accessories (shoes, bags, scarves, belts, hats) and I think I have two tops. I never mix, and never wear more than one at a time! If the leopard print shoes are on then everything else MUST be completely plain!! I think it's very chic. My mother has worn it since her 30's (some 37 years ago) and never looked Bet Lynch. Each to their own!

I've got several accessories too,mainly scarves but two weeks ago I wore a leopard print dress (Roman Originals) to my cousin's wedding with a short gold jacket & had several compliments.

My brother (who works in fashion) gave me an animal print mac a few years ago but I've never had the nerve to wear it.

I love some and hate others,I prefer the more muted and not in your face ones, less is definitely more, I have a dress (have had compliments about this one) a top and a few scarves and love them but I do agree you have to be careful how you wear it.

It can be dreadful, an entire item in a garish animal print is not something I would wear. However there are some more subtle prints which can fall into the "neutrals" category and look very nice. I also think that accents of animal print, like an embellishment or accessory can look good. I like some animal print bags, but would not wear animal print shoes. My sketchers toe posts have black and grey tops which are ok, the print is hardly noticeable.

Whilst I personally wouldn't wear say a full on animal print top, dress etc I do have loads of animal print items. Shoes, bags, scarves etc. But I'd only ever wear one item at a time as I just feel that unless the prints were absolutely identical it would just end up looking cheap.

I do however have an animal print duvet set on my bed at the moment and it looks pretty cool :wink:

There was a time when I would not have been seen dead in animal print but I have to confess that I'm drawn to some things. I have an animal print dress by Ronni Nicole (my one and only QVC fashion purchase) which I have to admit looks good on me and receives compliments but I wear plain shoes/boots with it. I also have an animal print scarf. Maybe I'm drawn to it because the browns and creams are my colours and they suit me.

I hope my friends will let me know if I start overdoing things, though!

Animal print is something I once would never have contemplated, but I have a bag or two, a couple of pairs of gloves, several scarves, had a skirt once, have some items that are in the is it or isn't it category, I even have a funky pair of ugly-style boots that have a very pale animal print effect and I think they are cute, I forgot the earmuffs (only seen if the wind blows my hair back off my face) and the very fluffy cow print dressing gown (£7.50 in M&S sale) noone sees that but me and the cat! It was all started many years ago when I was given some Gale Hayman, which came with a scarf, then I bought a bag that Julia demonstrated with a "sleeve" one side of which was leopard print and the other was brown faux leather and the main bag was black, (still got and it still very occasionally comes out), then a leopard print pashmina, bought for me after a massive "see that shop, see that scarf, that's what I want for Christmas" hint to X. I try to keep it to one piece at a time, although I feel I can justify the gloves as they are only on when I am outside and one pair (from M&S has only got it on the trim). If you can't wear the mac Marzy, I'd happily take it off your hands!!!! LOL, though I bet it would probably be much too small!)

Sorry , I'm with the anti-animal print brigade. It's one thing I have always intensely disliked but am not really sure why. I am old enough to remember Bet Lynch and am also an avid animal lover, so I'm not sure it's to do with fur and skin looking better on the animals or the Bet Lynch factor, or a bit of both!

I ordered some shoes from a catalogue recently and when they turned up the lining was leopardskin. I really was in two minds whether to keep them, even though I loved the shoes.

Strangely I don't mind animal print on other people, it just has zero appeal for me.

Latest posts

Back