Andrew Castle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
So Andrew Castle is the guest for the Rugby world cup DVD, Oh how the mighty have fallen. I didn't mind him on GMTV, but his commentary for Wimbledon etc is truly awful. Stick to presenting Andrew!!!

Don't say that too loud autumn - qvc might try to recruit him as a presenter!!!

He's a slow talker! If I can finish someone sentences I soon lose interest. Denise on IW is the slowest talker I've ever watched on shopping TV!

Seems to be some kind of strange obsession on Q with ex-GMTV people at the moment!

Andrew appears on 'No Win No Fee' adverts too!

On a sidenote Andi Peters is in Australia as guest on the jungle show on ITV2, nice little gig. I suppose it's much better than pretending he's Gordon Ramsay on a shopping channel :mysmilie_19:

Oh god I can't STAND Andrew Castle. His tennis commentary is DIRE, rambling on and on about basics that even the most casual tennis fan would know. Completely ruins the enjoyment of any match he commentates on. And all the chumminess with former grand slam champions as if he was at their level, so embarrassing. Bugger off back to daytime tv.

Couldn't t agree more Ellaa, anyone could do the commentaries he does, sit there fuming that he is getting paid for talking such platitudes. same for Tim Henman.

Oh god I can't STAND Andrew Castle. His tennis commentary is DIRE, rambling on and on about basics that even the most casual tennis fan would know. Completely ruins the enjoyment of any match he commentates on. And all the chumminess with former grand slam champions as if he was at their level, so embarrassing. Bugger off back to daytime tv.

Totally agree , Him and Tim Henman did the commentary for the ATP finals at the 02 and they spent more time betting with each other over who was making the tea than watching the tennis.:mysmilie_51:

Totally agree , Him and Tim Henman did the commentary for the ATP finals at the 02 and they spent more time betting with each other over who was making the tea than watching the tennis.:mysmilie_51:

Yes! That was infuriating! If you look on twitter when he commentates there are hundreds of people who complain.

To me it just highlights what a brilliant commentator Barry Davies is, he only does a couple of matches at Wimbledon these days but when he does it is an absolute joy, long silences, informative comments, praise where it's due.

I don't mind henman's commentary when he's with someone else cos he at least offers technical know how, but Andrew Castle's chumminess is just embarrassing.

Soon as i saw him and AD that was enough for me i am sure qvc viewers switched off big time

QVC have got the real B team out this morning...Ann D, Craig R and Andrew C....My money is very safe.

Latest posts

Back