Andi Peters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What exactly is the point of this show? I was expecting some new products, endorsed by Andi Peters, or even named after him, but they are items which appear on the Q all the time. Does the Q think that he will attract viewers to the channel? If so, I think it is mistaken. Why does the channel feel it NEEDS him? Just because he makes the final of celebrity , are we supposed to think he is an experienced, semi - pro chef? Why would we trust his opinions? The items in his show are tries and tested products. Says it all, really.

To me the whole channel, seems to love its celebs these days, or in Andi Peters a has-been Saturday Morning TV presenter, who just appeared on Masterchef, Woope Do!

QVC doesnt seem happy these days, if they cant have 2 celebritys on the channel each week, Promoting there CD, or there book, Kitchen stuf, or Celebritys, that simply have no connection with any of the items they are introducing, but are just there/

I will watch his hour tonight, but not because i wanna buy anything, but to see how he comes across, got a feeling he will over power Dale

I won't watch the show on principal now, because every time I switch QVC on in this last week I've seen another repeat of his advert for the show and it's getting on my pip now ! I would be more interested if he was a chef I might have heard of, but not a minor celeb who is presumably just trying to come over as some sort of expert, no thanks.

If Q is looking for an ex-kids TV presenter they should offer Andy Crane a job, at least he has experience; he was on SHOP! before it folded. I'm also relieved they haven't got Philip Schofield on, he's on every frickin ITV show!

My personal request would be "Cooking with Bodger & Badger". I love mashed potato and they could demo a peeler, Lori Genouille's vegetable holder gadget, a pan set, a potato ricer, a set of utensils including a masher, and so on! Followed by a cleaning hour to deal with the mess!

I really ought to be in programme planning!

Bring back Greg and Max!

BB I think - in the interests of fair consumerism - we ought to start a campaign to get them back on our tv screens. Unlike token 'celels', they knew what they were talking about, as cooking, baking and making/decorating cakes, was their 'day job'. Same idea with Alan and Barry. I cannot comprehend the reasoning behind the Q's willingness to get rid of knowledgeable, expert guests, and bring on amateurs, or professional guests.

I'm pretty sure they never appeared dressed as a cowboy, construction worker or in biker leathers or Native American head-dress, ('cept in the privacy of their own kitchen maybe).

Now Dale, Charlie, Simon Biagi and Andi Peters could possibly carry it off with a few dance moves from Russell Grant.

I'm marvelling at Andi's expertize at making a runny omelette and heating up some chopped toms. I think it fair to say he's no Marco or Gordon.

How many of those chocolate brownies has Dale eaten? I can vouch for the fact that they are yummy but Dale's going to be icky-sicky if he's not careful.

Didn't intend watching this show but, as I'm online, QVC is on in the bacground. Here's me thinking this show would be pointless, but this guy knows his onions - pardon the pun - cos he's full of information. Apparently, there is a honey we should all look out for, which is very healthy, and comes from New Zealand, called.......Manuka. I don't like it, but mum does, and she gives it to my boxers. She's been buying it for several years now, since it first became available over here.

I am married to a kiwi and was introduced to Manuka by him. It's a fantastic but expensive honey. I am not a dog owner but that sounds like those Boxers are treated like royalty! Is there something in manuka honey that boxers need or something?

Didn't intend watching this show but, as I'm online, QVC is on in the bacground. Here's me thinking this show would be pointless, but this guy knows his onions - pardon the pun - cos he's full of information. Apparently, there is a honey we should all look out for, which is very healthy, and comes from New Zealand, called.......Manuka. I don't like it, but mum does, and she gives it to my boxers. She's been buying it for several years now, since it first became available over here.

I saw that honey in Waitrose but at £8 a jar I thought "no way!" and purchased a jar of Ukranian sunflower honey instead for £3!

Didn't find the show interesting or entertaining in the slightest, Andi did all the cooking yet its Dale wearing the apron, also Andi's voice really grates on me and the constant mentioning of Masterchef is tiresome, the only positive was they pronounced Bamix correctly and not "Baymix" like they have been doing on the other shows, I think ill happily miss the next 7 shows :smirk:

(mum writes)

Beware of manuka honey as it can make some people unwell. I tried taking it but found that it increases a thing called your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). It's not an allergy, but then I'm not a doctor, I have no idea what it really is or what exactly causes it but I was told to completely avoid manuka. It made me quite unwell at the time and we found out because I had to spend some time in hospital and have blood tests. I also have to be wary of topical products with it in.

Latest posts

Back