And now for something completely different...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine is a really gorgeous looking young lady - been going to her about 5 years. She is good with highlights. I am lucky because my hair has not gone grey , just faded from auburn to blonde.

Oh knickers Flying Pigs that's me all out of ideas! Hmmm.

I do agree that it's the cut that really matters but blinking heck if I'm paying for my hair to be blow dried as well I want it to look good. I've recently changed hairdresser ... about a year ago maybe. She used to work at the salon I went to and had done my hair a few times but wasn't my hairdresser. And changing to someone else in the same salon is ****** difficult so when she left it made it really easy to go to her. She's lovely and really cuts my hair well but she's also good at colouring and blow drying.

Last edited:
Just checked mine this morning and it's a Vidal Sassoon travel hairdryer - so it is lightweight - and I must have had it well over 35 years! The box is battered and sellotaped together!

I probably only use it about 5 times a month because I prefer to let my hair dry naturally in big rollers as it is very frizzy and I've never really mastered the art of the hairdryer. I bought it when I had my hair cut in the Purdy style and had to abandon the rollers temporarily.

I've had the same hairdresser for nearly 25 years and she is a bit like Carol's - good at cutting but hopeless at styling etc and stuck in a rut despite being in her early 40s. We've been having a "debate" over my colour for the last few months - the roots never seem to be sufficiently disguised to me - but she can't come up with an explanation. High street hairdressers are exorbitantly priced here - £120 for cut/colour is the cheapest!!

To go grey or not to go grey............

In the days when I had my hair coloured I'd buy something from the chemist, and my hairdresser would apply it for me, properly, using her tinting brush, and then she'd leave me, so after the required time I'd do the rinsing and styling, which suited me fine. However, when I decided I'd had enough of having it coloured, she insisted on earning her money by doing the drying/styling, and this is the bit where the wheels fall off! I call it my "twinset & pearls look"! However, for the price, it's not really a big issue and it takes no time at all to wash it again & dry it as I want it because it's short, and I'm lucky enough to like my hair silver because it's now nearly all silver! I wash and dry it seven days a week..perhaps that's why I've had at least half a dozen Remington hair driers..?!

Just checked mine this morning and it's a Vidal Sassoon travel hairdryer - so it is lightweight - and I must have had it well over 35 years! The box is battered and sellotaped together!

I probably only use it about 5 times a month because I prefer to let my hair dry naturally in big rollers as it is very frizzy and I've never really mastered the art of the hairdryer. I bought it when I had my hair cut in the Purdy style and had to abandon the rollers temporarily.

I've had the same hairdresser for nearly 25 years and she is a bit like Carol's - good at cutting but hopeless at styling etc and stuck in a rut despite being in her early 40s. We've been having a "debate" over my colour for the last few months - the roots never seem to be sufficiently disguised to me - but she can't come up with an explanation. High street hairdressers are exorbitantly priced here - £120 for cut/colour is the cheapest!!

To go grey or not to go grey............

The only dye that didn't give me that horrid translucent root look or fade after a couple of washes is Aveda. My salon charges £37 for roots only £47 for full head as they use a semi on the rest. They dry & do my fringe cut too so I must have a pretty good deal. You can get hair colour crayons or hair root mascara too which I found helped make the colour look more solid on the roots. Also excellent at hiding the initial regrowth inbetween colourings :nod:

Oh yes, just to let you know I bought the Ego hairdrier from Ebay, full sized one as a lot cheaper than Q & new from a retailer. It's ok but I'd have been very cheesed off if I'd paid full price! The drying is fair but the flex/chord is that cheap shiny plastic that always recoils around itself. Not good for such an expensive make!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your experiences ladies I've really enjoyed reading them. I haven't replaced it yet as Mon-Fri is awful for anything other than work so I've let my hair dry naturally made easier by a recent perm - I'd have been stuck otherwise. I'm seriously tempted by a shiny Red Parlux x

Jesus I pay the guts of £97 to have my very short hair , cut and coloured every 4-5 weeks
EEK

I thought a couple of others were really reasonable but flippin heck Jab I hope you are fed grapes as your magazine is held at just the right distance to be easy on the eyes and you look stunning when they've finished for that cost!

Latest posts

Back