An observation...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helbels

Registered Shopper
Hello all

I am reasonably new to these parts, and I must admit I'm a bit curious on one point... Most of the posts on here are quite critical of QVC eg: P&P too high, don't like the presenters, don't like the fashion, customer service is poor, products aren't as good as they used to be.... etc etc etc

But yet you all seem to still buy from them? lol

Doesn't anyone have anything positive to say?! I must admit, I'm not a huge QVC shopper but personally everything I've ever bought from them has been good quality, has arrived promptly and I've never had to send anything back! Surely I can't be the only person out there who's had such good experiences?

:hi::hi::hi::hi:

Hi Helbels
My experiences are very mixed,I have had some great products and some utter rubbish.I have had parcels lost in the post, and pre returned items sent out to me with another customers return slip in the parcel.
I have had items missing from orders,wrong sizes and wrong colours sent out to me.I have had some good customer service and some bad.

Personally I don't buy QVC fashion..it's too twee or clingy or just wrong for my taste,I regularly buy Birkis as they are cheaper and I know the size will be right.
Postage is too high imo, delivery too slow, and returns are not processed quickly enough for such a big company.
Presenters cause a lot of threads on here and we all differ in our opinions.I cannot bear Claire Suttons contrived, false, patronising presenting style,or Charlie Mr Smarm itself,but I dont mind some of the others that other forumites can't do with!
I like this forum a lot,it's friendly and the odd spats are usually short lived!

Positives for me are:-
Bare Escentuals
Purity from Philosophy
Easiyo
Smashbox
lock n lock
Hairfix
:heart::heart:

QVC is good for seeing what's available out there and you get a step by step guide on how to use things. Then you do a Google search and get exactly the same thing, usually cheaper and with less P&P. It's always entertaining though and perfect if you want a good laugh.

I have had some fab things but have leant to give the "fashion" a swerve as despite having had a couple of great Centigrade coats the rest of it seems to be the product of some sort of fevered time warp and I just do not get the obsession with animal print. I think their silver jewellery is good in general and I do have to admit that I also have a good giggle at the twaddle some of the presenters come out with. I love this forum and it has saved me from wasting money.

I have been shopping for the past 15 ysr and must say except for one or two parcels everything as been delivered prompt and in good condition .buy very few fashion from them and they have been good .
the customer service has been impeccable and have always helped me out .The only thing is havent got any cards or easy pay till this christmas and i dont like the way they differentiate one from other in that respect .

Maybe I've mainly had good experiences as I've stuck to beauty on the whole.. Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau, Laura Geller, Smashbox, Mally etc.

I did also have some very good kitchen knives last year and a couple of nice tops - nothing animal print though!!!

i actually enjoy shopping with qvc. the presenters do a good enough job but obviously some are better than others.

customer services is very very good but that depends on who you get. some opreatives are more helpfull than others.

i like the beauty:alpha-h,l'occitane,the kitchen stuff and the very odd bit of fashion that i buy when they are in last clicks.

i think my biggest buy is the jewellery i have bought real gold,diamoneek,silver,platinum clad,pearls,lola rose even a real platinum ring i dont buy jewllery from anywhere else.
overall my shopping experience and our chats on the forum are good fun...:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

If you buy something, it arrives quickly and it's ok then you might not feel the need to comment here. However if you have a bad experience then you are more likely to comment so I think it's inevitable there will be a fair few complaints here.

Personally I'm buying less than I used to from QVC though I still watch a lot.

I think there are some good buys if you like the beauty products and although I wouldn't buy most of the "fashion" some of it is great for entertainment value!

If you buy something, it arrives quickly and it's ok then you might not feel the need to comment here. However if you have a bad experience then you are more likely to comment so I think it's inevitable there will be a fair few complaints here.

Personally I'm buying less than I used to from QVC though I still watch a lot.

I think there are some good buys if you like the beauty products and although I wouldn't buy most of the "fashion" some of it is great for entertainment value!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Three comments from me, well four actually.

1. I've been shopping with them since the mid nineties so feel pretty well qualified to comment.
2. I never watch it on tv these days - I do everything on the web.
3. The price of their beauty TSV's is second to none, and that's pretty much all I buy.
4. If you ever saw the clothes they have in their outlet stores, then you would never ever buy any of them.

Ultimately for me it's the 30 day mbg that makes the difference.

Latest posts

Back