American Newbie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shopper

Registered Shopper
Hi all

Having been a long time watcher of ShoppingTelly.com I thought it was time to take the plunge and join :)

I live in the US (just outside New York) but am a huge fan of QVC both in the US and the UK (I have a wonderful invention called Slingbox that allows me to watch TV from the UK).

Be gentle with me and I hope to chat with some of you soon.

Davina x

Welcome to the forum,I visit Florida for 12 weeks every year and have to say I much prefer QVC in America,will be there in a couple of weeks so have been looking at the TV guide in anticipation of what I may order.
Lynn:cool:

Welcome to the forum! The more the merrier! I was wondering whether QVC US customers have the same issues as their QVC UK counterparts - high prices, extortionately high p&p and slow delivery times? Also, would love to hear your views about QVC UK "fashion"!

:mysmilie_357::mysmilie_480::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378: have fun!

Looking forward to reading your opinion on the TSV comparisons.

Welcome! Hope you have fun here :D You might need to duck bitch bullets on occasion, but it's all in good spirit. This is a great, friendly forum.

Say hi to Barack for me :) On behalf of Her Maj, we extend our regards :)

Thanks for the welcome all. Thanks also Moth for the warning; I've read quite a few posts on here over the last year or so and already have a plentiful supply of my own 'bitch bullets' so should be OK. Lol.

I did pick up on some of the forum issues in respect to QVC on here, but can't profess to knowing the full in's and out's of the situation! Do they not like this forum? I do check out their Facebook page from time to time and they seem to sometimes respond to issues/comments, but do they ever do that here?

As for US fashion, it's often pretty much as depicted on the UK channel. I also visit Florida quite a bit and have seen some pretty horrific fashion stories down there, but each to their own I suppose :) Catering for such a large spectrum of viewers must be difficult but, like you in the UK, we do have some rather questionable fashion here on QVC US. People must buy it though as it keeps coming back!

Lovely to hear from you Davina, good to hear your views and look forward to your comments and opinions. don't hold back! we don't!
Would like to know how your presenters compare with ours over here? what I have seen of US presenters, they are far more elegant, eloquent and show less cleavage than here, also more knowledgeable and incredibly polite, as are most Americans I have met.

hi Shopper and a warm welcome from me, I know we slag off the American fashions they keep bringing us here but I am sure you will not take it personally, hope you enjoy your time on this funny and friendly forum.

Heya Hiya Shopper: A special w-e-l-c-o-m-e to you! Enjoy the forum! HappyThanksgivingWeekend. Have a Snickerdoodle* for me. *(type of cookie for the non-CanAms) x SnarlyCanuckEh!

Latest posts

Back