Amazon warehouse

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That sounds interesting, thanks.

Also, it’s Amazon Prime Day(s) 13th/14th October - postponed from July. I’ve had some great deals on Prime Day in previous years, particularly on their own and other brands’ tech and electricals. If you are not a Prime customer, you can do a trial to get the deals. That’s what I did a few years ago and ended up staying with it.

I had fraud happen to me last year with amazon.

Took two months and countless phone calls to get a refund. It wasn't chump change either.

I had fraud happen to me last year with amazon.

Took two months and countless phone calls to get a refund. It wasn't chump change either.

im the same ive had sooo many issues with amazon that i wont bother with them as they are usually the last place i look esp after the last time i tried to use a discount they sent me lets just say they swore at me but im not discussing it

im the same ive had sooo many issues with amazon that i wont bother with them as they are usually the last place i look esp after the last time i tried to use a discount they sent me lets just say they swore at me but im not discussing it

I know you’re not an advocate of Amazon, but they would sack anyone who did that on the spot, unlike QVC who allow their viewers and customers to be spoken to like idiots on a daily bases, so all I can say is you must’ve misheard as you’ve never mentioned it before in all the years of talking about Amazon. Like them or loath them the deals are amazing and the Customer Service is exceptional, their calls are recorded so I doubt they’d risk it.

Case in point.......I had a Customer Service agent ring me back once because he thought I was upset, I wasn’t I was holding in a sneeze 😂

I’m a Prime member and what you can get for £8 a month TV, free books and free delivery is unbelievable, it’s almost one delivery charge if you buy one thing from QVC.

I find Prime Day and Black Friday offers are bit hit and miss. I have found that over the last few months you have to be careful, some of their prices have been bumped up.

I have had prime for about a year and it pays for itself. Like many of you on here it’s the first place I go to when I’m looking to purchase something. I’ve had everything from ( a pin to a piano) to quote an advertising blurb from a local long gone department store.

I’m with Amazon Prime and, in my opinion, QVC could learn a lot from them. Deliveries are usually next day, their packaging is recyclable, their refunds are extremely quick and any issues are resolved promptly with a phone call. There’s none of the “no delivery letter” rubbish to contend with and ..... I have often bought something that I’ve seen on QVC cheaper on Amazon.

And of course, there are all the other perks ..... videos etc.

I've never joined Prime (except the various occasions where they've joined me up against my will) as most of my purchases are over £20 so have free PP anyway. If less than £20, I buy a cheap item that I need anyway. For example, in my latest order for a Bluetooth gadget, it was 6p less than £20, but I needed a clipboard so I added that to my order, and it was cheaper than my local Tesco store (where I was going up to buy one that very day).

Regards to the TV, I already have at least 80 freeview channels, far more programmes available than I could ever watch anyway, so the last thing I want is even more.

the only thing for people like me prime has is the next day delivery & even that wouldnt tempt me to use them as to me & lots of others i know the rest is just a load of bloatware that isnt needed they really should consider doing tiers so people can get just the delivery

I recently purchased a Combination microwave oven from Amazon it was delivered direct from the company in Germany it took five days to arrive and cost of postage was £2.99. I was well happy with that. Everything else I buy is free postage. QVC charge more to send a pair of earrings. No contest imo.

Even Ideal World postage is better, I bought three pair of Bearpaw boots (one each for DILs and one for me) yesterday and a pair of Bearpaw slippers (for me), the postage was capped at £2.99, if I’d have bought them from QVC (never gonna happen) the postage would’ve cost me an average of £24 (and probably been worn) so no matter how much someone loves QVC, that is totally unacceptable.

Amazon are amazing and could teach most places about customer service, I very rarely return anything but last week I dropped my return off at the Post Office, she scanned it and thirty minutes later my refund was actioned. Amazon, unlike QVC, realise that once you hand it over to the carrier, if QVC get it back or they don’t, it’s literally out of our hands and nothing we can do about it, they still won’t give you your refund though, so nothing changed in 27 years 🥱😜

Latest posts

Back