Amazon warehouse

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know you’re not an advocate of Amazon, but they would sack anyone who did that on the spot, unlike QVC who allow their viewers and customers to be spoken to like idiots on a daily bases, so all I can say is you must’ve misheard as you’ve never mentioned it before in all the years of talking about Amazon. Like them or loath them the deals are amazing and the Customer Service is exceptional, their calls are recorded so I doubt they’d risk it.

Case in point.......I had a Customer Service agent ring me back once because he thought I was upset, I wasn’t I was holding in a sneeze 😂

I’m a Prime member and what you can get for £8 a month TV, free books and free delivery is unbelievable, it’s almost one delivery charge if you buy one thing from QVC.

With you on this for sure and a good point about the monthly cost when you look at Q’s postage. In fact if you pay in full for the year (£79) it’s only £6.58 which makes it a no-brainer for me. I don’t watch a huge amount of their own streaming content but I intend to as I gather some of the series are fantastic. The value for me is in the super-fast delivery even though I only really need it a few times a year (like for gifts and when I received urgent DIY supplies on a Sunday afternoon, having ordered early morning). I also love the free audiobooks every month on my Echos, which I listen to almost daily, and free Kindle books.

Whoops! I didn’t want just to turn this into an Amazon vs QVC contest (not least because as far as I’m concerned there is no contest 95% of the time) but I just did. Sorry about that!

With you on this for sure and a good point about the monthly cost when you look at Q’s postage. In fact if you pay in full for the year (£79) it’s only £6.58 which makes it a no-brainer for me. I don’t watch a huge amount of their own streaming content but I intend to as I gather some of the series are fantastic. The value for me is in the super-fast delivery even though I only really need it a few times a year (like for gifts and when I received urgent DIY supplies on a Sunday afternoon, having ordered early morning). I also love the free audiobooks every month on my Echos, which I listen to almost daily, and free Kindle books.

Whoops! I didn’t want just to turn this into an Amazon vs QVC contest (not least because as far as I’m concerned there is no contest 95% of the time) but I just did. Sorry about that!

You’re just staying facts Andi, nothing wrong with that. ❤️ xx

Even Ideal World postage is better, I bought three pair of Bearpaw boots (one each for DILs and one for me) yesterday and a pair of Bearpaw slippers (for me), the postage was capped at £2.99, if I’d have bought them from QVC (never gonna happen) the postage would’ve cost me an average of £24 (and probably been worn) so no matter how much someone loves QVC, that is totally unacceptable.

Amazon are amazing and could teach most places about customer service, I very rarely return anything but last week I dropped my return off at the Post Office, she scanned it and thirty minutes later my refund was actioned. Amazon, unlike QVC, realise that once you hand it over to the carrier, if QVC get it back or they don’t, it’s literally out of our hands and nothing we can do about it, they still won’t give you your refund though, so nothing changed in 27 years 🥱😜
I agree, I recently purchased a small item costing less than a fiver but when it came it was the wrong one. My fault, but when I clicked to return it they gave me a refund and told me to keep the other item. Do you think QVC would have done the same? I doubt it.

I agree, I recently purchased a small item costing less than a fiver but when it came it was the wrong one. My fault, but when I clicked to return it they gave me a refund and told me to keep the other item. Do you think QVC would have done the same? I doubt it.

No, I think QVC would sooner throw things away than give the customer a freebie, the staff yes but not the people who actually pay their wages. If something is missing from an order from IW, they replace the missing part, no faffing around having to return the whole box waiting weeks, QVC are their own worst enemy and only themselves to blame if, or rather when, they go under.

Mr L purchased a couple of shelf brackets at weekend due for delivery today so was surprised when he got a text last night saying DHL had delivered it at 7.15pm last night (didn’t).

went online to see what had happened. Within minutes a phone call (he thinks from Germany) from seller apologising profusely, offering immediate refund just as DHL arrived with delivery.

In August I was was still sorting out a Q order made in March!.

I have Prime, the reason I got it at first was I wanted leather stretch spray Clark's stopped making their version. Tried eBay first some but mainly from the US for some reason and high shipping. Googled and found what was the highest rated one and of course from the US and shipping £12+. Tried Amazon they had it at only cost £6.90 but the ****** shipping was £8+!!!! No way, so joined Prime and free shipping arrived the next day. Used to buy cat supplies Large Hooded Litter Box, toys for the cat etc. All arrived next day in the lockdown no problem and free shipping.

I also do Amazon Smile, you pick a charity and every time you buy a donation is made to that charity.

The only thing I have against Amazon is they charge for some of the content which I refuse to pay. They are quicker at getting new films free of course compared to Netflix.

I have Prime, the reason I got it at first was I wanted leather stretch spray Clark's stopped making their version. Tried eBay first some but mainly from the US for some reason and high shipping. Googled and found what was the highest rated one and of course from the US and shipping £12+. Tried Amazon they had it at only cost £6.90 but the ****** shipping was £8+!!!! No way, so joined Prime and free shipping arrived the next day. Used to buy cat supplies Large Hooded Litter Box, toys for the cat etc. All arrived next day in the lockdown no problem and free shipping.

I also do Amazon Smile, you pick a charity and every time you buy a donation is made to that charity.

The only thing I have against Amazon is they charge for some of the content which I refuse to pay. They are quicker at getting new films free of course compared to Netflix.

I do Smile too Donna, my charity is RSPCA, were as QVCs charity is themselves and give sweet F.A.

Latest posts

Back