Amazon puts QVC to shame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well as I said earlier in the thread I don't have prime, I ordered yesterday and an Amazon courier has delivered my first package of 4 items today..... AAA plus Amazon as opposed to a ZZZ minus for QVC

I've been shopping with Amazon for a long, long time and hand on heart never had a parcel take longer than three days, that's even with the private sellers and I don't have Prime. QVC lovers may disagree but Amazon offer free p&p, free returns and fast refunds and Amazing customer service, so whatever anyone says, Amazon and their customer service leave QVC trailing in the dust, here's just one example, last year I ordered a book that was supposed to come the following day, it never arrived so I rang them, they got one out next day delivery and I received it at 9am, so on a scale of 1 to 10, Amazon are 100, QVC are minus 1.

You mean they didn't post you out a claim form for you to fill in and post back to them? What an odd way to run a business in 2016.

If had an email yesterday with a code for three easy pay on my next order as a 'birthday gift', they can sod off.

It's more than they've ever given me for my birthday! :grin:

The quotes bear out, for me, my hesitation in taking these at face value. I would give slightly more credance to indepentent mystery shopper exercises than polls... but if one of the things they get points for in their social media customer service is ending every reply with a kiss, then that has no credibility.

Also, they may reply efficiently, but how many of the responses are satisfactory to the customer, and of any practical use in addressing their problem? Kisses should be reserved for personal communications, not professional ones. I do not want your kisses, thank you, I am not a friend / family member, I am your client.

Amazon are amazing. I received a book that was a little bit damaged yesterday, contacted them, and have already received a replacement this morning.

When they were unable to deliver something to me once they sent an email apologising that day, got the item to me the following day, and added a free extra month to my prime membership. Incredible, completely over and above what I expected as 'compensation'.

One thing I really like is that as a prime customer if I choose "no rush" delivery rather than the routine 'next day' prime delivery then I get a £1 voucher to be used on kindle books, video downloads etc. It's great.

I could go on and on about how great they are.

Last edited:
well according to qvc they are second to none re customer service second to none. maybe qvc mean none but who am i to be picky

A couple of years ago I bought a 200ml of mens Farenheit EDT soray from Amazon. It was about £70 at the time. They got it wrong and send me the lotion tha I didn't want. I complained to their CS and they send me the right onenext day and said I could keep the lotion version!

I have bought hundreds of items from Amazon over the years. I look there first before shopping anywhere else.

well according to qvc they are second to none re customer service second to none. maybe qvc mean none but who am i to be picky

In January, QVC didn't even feature in the top 50, according to this in the Telegraph. And look who was No.1!

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 10.40.48.jpg

If that's not legible, here's the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...with-the-best-customer-service-in-the-UK.html

It says "The Institute of Customer Service asks more than 10,000 Britons to assess their experience of individual organisations they have dealt with in the previous three months, rating the companies on factors such as professionalism, quality and efficiency, ease of doing business, timeliness, problem solving and complaint handling." 10,000 is not a bad sample!

I don't have prime and personally if I'm not in a rush and post is free I don't really mind if it takes 3 or 4 days.

I've ordered from JLP and received large items (TV) next day to N Ireland

Lulu G bag next day - I paid postage but worth it for that service.

And from eBay when they say "by Thursday 27th " more often than not it is Wednesday or even Tuesday.

For me I would rather get it when they say than the Q lies or 3 to 5 working days when it hasn't even left the bleeding warehouse in 7 days and the have the cheek to charge you 6 quid for the privilege.

I am a huge fan of Amazon. I have bought many things from them over the years and always look there first for everything. Their customer service is second to none. A couple of years ago my tablet went into self destruct mode. I hadn't had it very long or so I thought. Contacted CS to see what they would suggest. I was going abroad the next day on hols and was really fed up at the prospect of not having my books, games, magazines etc with me for the trip. Amazon emailed a response. They were unable to replace like for like but said I could choose another and they would refund the cost of my tablet in full and send a new one of my choice out right away. I thanked them very much but explained that I was going away the next day so would prefer the refund. They then said that they would be more than happy to send a new tablet anywhere in the world to my hotel at no cost to me!! That's what I call service! Incidentally I later found out it was slightly more than a year since purchase and therefore no longer under guarantee.

I am a huge fan of Amazon. I have bought many things from them over the years and always look there first for everything. Their customer service is second to none. A couple of years ago my tablet went into self destruct mode. I hadn't had it very long or so I thought. Contacted CS to see what they would suggest. I was going abroad the next day on hols and was really fed up at the prospect of not having my books, games, magazines etc with me for the trip. Amazon emailed a response. They were unable to replace like for like but said I could choose another and they would refund the cost of my tablet in full and send a new one of my choice out right away. I thanked them very much but explained that I was going away the next day so would prefer the refund. They then said that they would be more than happy to send a new tablet anywhere in the world to my hotel at no cost to me!! That's what I call service! Incidentally I later found out it was slightly more than a year since purchase and therefore no longer under guarantee.

That is ridiculously good service!

Amazon are amazing. I received a book that was a little bit damaged yesterday, contacted them, and have already received a replacement this morning.

When they were unable to deliver something to me once they sent an email apologising that day, got the item to me the following day, and added a free extra month to my prime membership. Incredible, completely over and above what I expected as 'compensation'.

One thing I really like is that as a prime customer if I choose "no rush" delivery rather than the routine 'next day' prime delivery then I get a £1 voucher to be used on kindle books, video downloads etc. It's great.

I could go on and on about how great they are.

We're Prime customers, but I didn't realise you could do that. Thanks for the info, that's handy to know. Must admit, I have found Prime particularly handy on a couple of occasions when I've forgotten birthdays, for last minute gifts!

A couple of years ago I bought a 200ml of mens Farenheit EDT soray from Amazon. It was about £70 at the time. They got it wrong and send me the lotion tha I didn't want. I complained to their CS and they send me the right onenext day and said I could keep the lotion version!

I have bought hundreds of items from Amazon over the years. I look there first before shopping anywhere else.

Contrast that attitude to QVC, who make you return broken / damaged / faulty goods and beauty items that turn up leaking / used!

I don't have prime and personally if I'm not in a rush and post is free I don't really mind if it takes 3 or 4 days.

I've ordered from JLP and received large items (TV) next day to N Ireland

Lulu G bag next day - I paid postage but worth it for that service.

And from eBay when they say "by Thursday 27th " more often than not it is Wednesday or even Tuesday.

For me I would rather get it when they say than the Q lies or 3 to 5 working days when it hasn't even left the bleeding warehouse in 7 days and the have the cheek to charge you 6 quid for the privilege.

QVC have the slowest delivery times of any retailer I use. They are also the most expensive by a mile. On the rare occasions, however, when I have tried to cancel an order I've placed, they've always claimed that the item I ordered half an hour ago is already in transit!!

That is incredible. So they refunded you for the original tablet and sent you a free replacement?

Amazon are great! I ordered 3 children's tablets, 2 of which stopped working coming up to 6 months after purchase. One I had ordered through Amazon itself was refunded very quickly and they even supplied a returns label. However the supplier I ordered the other one with on Amazon Marketplace tried every trick in the book not to have to refund me. In desperation I turned to Amazon who took over the whole process and refunded me themself. I cannot praise their customer service enough.

amazon are the best and qvc are aware of that but will bluff and counter bluff and look the other way.

Latest posts

Back