Am I the odd one out with L'Occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the shea range, especially the milk soap, the lavender liquid soap (I save a few pounds by buying the refill sachets in store), and the solid shea butter.

I can't get on with Lush at all. I have to cross the road when I approach one of their shops, otherwise my eyes start to water, my throat closes up, my fingers swell and I begin to sneeze uncontrollably. Goodness knows what they put in their products, but something doesn't agree with me. No such problems in L'Occitane shops, though.

I like the milk shea soap. I find that when my skin has reacted to something it's the only thing which I can use. I also like the verbena, linden and cherry blossom(which surprised me) soaps.

I love their shea body lotion, for me, that does live up to the hype. Since using up my stockpile it's the only body lotion which has been really moisturising. Gatineau and Elemis haven't lived up to the hype. Currently using some Liz Earle and that is comparing well against the shea body lotion.

As for their perfumes the only two which I like are the neroli, which I just love and the rose de mai, although the latter being a edt doesn't seem to last long on me. Haven't tried much of their skincare but was given a sample of thir rice and something face mask which left my skin feeling soft and bright.

I don't use perfumes just the shower gels and body products, I'm a big fan of L'Occitane especially the Cherry Blossom, Verbena, Rose and Almond shower oil. The Honey & lemon though UGH the smell is really not nice and the only one I wouldn't use.

I don't get the L'Occitane thing either. Everything I've tried I have either not liked the smell or it has dried my skin out. I much prefer Philosophy products.

We have a brand new Shopping centre in our town and yesterday I saw that a L'Occitane store had just opened. I went in and tried the Rose perfume and the Orange one (can't remember the correct names), when I got home I had to wash them off my wrists as they were awful and making me feel like a Grannie (which I am lol.) they always say the soaps are good and don't go all soggy, is this so. It's a lovely store and I was hoping I would be able to shop there.:hi:

I know what you mean about the Rose Babytoes, I tried the Rose de Nuit de Mai (not sure about spelling) in a shop last Saturday and by the time I got out of the shopping centre the fragrance had disappeared. I do like the Cherry Blossom but that probably stays longer as I layer up with all the other CB products. L'Occitane do a perfume/eau de toilette range that has never appeared on QVC and I do love the Jasmine. I tried that on the opposite wrist to the rose last Saturday and it lasted for ages. I also like the Neroli but that is a much stronger, sweeter fragrance. Love their body products, liquid soaps and hand cream but never tried the soap bars.

I think they can be a bit hit and miss :hi: They also have the annoying habit of discontinuing items that you like :thinking2: Generally the bath stuff is nice, but other things I've tried have been very ordinary. Currently using the foot cream which I love. :wave2:

They are opening a new shop in Shrewsbury, I hope it is not as expensive as the one in Dublin airport.

I keep the soap in my cloths draw.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful replies they have been very helpful.Next time I'm in town I shall feel much more informed when I go in the store and know what to look for and try. Think I'll definitly try some of the soaps and the Cherry fragrance as that seems quite popular. I love this site, where else could you get all this help and info,thank you. xx

Love the soaps. Hate anything rose - not just L'Occitane. Didn't like the honey & lemon either.

I love the shea range, especially the milk soap, the lavender liquid soap (I save a few pounds by buying the refill sachets in store), and the solid shea butter.

I've just bought a tin of the solid shea butter today as I've wanted to try it for ages. It's telling me my skin is very dry as it's soaked into my hands after a few minutes without leaving a sticky residue. I'm interested to know what uses people put it to. I specifically bought it to try on a persistent patch of excema and to use as a lip balm. There's mention of using it on hair but I'm not sure whether that's to dress the hair or for use on the scalp. I'm hoping it's a real multi-tasker as it's a nice compact tin and I'm trying to be more minimilist with my beauty products.

I'm not in love with L'Occitane across the board either. I've tried vast swathes of their range and there are one or two things I like, or that I buy as gifts, but most of it I am fairly indifferent to tbh.

Tried the honey & lemon for the first time from the tsv...I gave it away, the shea vanilla bath gel and hand cream are yummy, hope they do a bigger size of the bath gel

I don't like anything Verbena, don't like the handcream, too greasy.
I like their lavender handwash and I absolutely LOVE the L'Eau D'Iparie fragrance, it's beautiful, very spicy and patchouliy (lol):flower::flower::flower:

I've just bought a tin of the solid shea butter today as I've wanted to try it for ages. It's telling me my skin is very dry as it's soaked into my hands after a few minutes without leaving a sticky residue. I'm interested to know what uses people put it to. I specifically bought it to try on a persistent patch of excema and to use as a lip balm. There's mention of using it on hair but I'm not sure whether that's to dress the hair or for use on the scalp. I'm hoping it's a real multi-tasker as it's a nice compact tin and I'm trying to be more minimilist with my beauty products.

Hi Apple, I sometimes use the solid shea butter on the very ends of my hair. I have coloured hair and an oily scalp so the ends tend to dry out. Having a problematic oily scalp, when I tried the shea butter on it I'm afraid I couldn't stand the even greasier look I acheived so discontinued using the product for that purpose.

I have a couple of patches of excema on my back which flare up from, time to time, like now. I've stopped using my shower gels and have gone to the shea milk soap and the shea butter and this seems to be helping. I could be biased though as I swear by the shea milk soap for any sensitivity I have.

I also occassionally use the solid shea butter on my heels if they seem especially dry. HTH.:flower:

I got sent the Xmas brochure today with a 20% off voucher for next weekend. Probably won't get anything as I noticed in the Kings Road store today that they've put up a lot of their prices, so even with the discount it will hardly be bargain central :nod:

Latest posts

Back