Am I the odd one out with L'Occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
We have a brand new Shopping centre in our town and yesterday I saw that a L'Occitane store had just opened. I went in and tried the Rose perfume and the Orange one (can't remember the correct names), when I got home I had to wash them off my wrists as they were awful and making me feel like a Grannie (which I am lol.) they always say the soaps are good and don't go all soggy, is this so. It's a lovely store and I was hoping I would be able to shop there.:hi:

I always use L'Occitane soap, mine have never gone soggy and they seem to last for ages.

I like some of their stuff but I think qvc have hyped it so much it could never be as fabulous as they tell you it is.

I like the Ruban Orange, Cherry Blossom and Lavender perfumes (they layer well with the body creams and oils). Also, the Almond and the Bergamont spritzers. I can only use the rest as room fragrances.

I agree with what has been said about the soaps.

some of it is yuk, ruban d'orange is my favourite and anything with shea butter is very good for moisturising.

I love L'Occitane soaps - the milk is my favourite. I also use their shower gels but don't use the perfumes. I love the quality of it all though and it makes my skin feel lovely.

I have to say though, I don't buy it in their shops as it's so expensive, I only tend to buy it on QVC. :cheeky:

Erm...I'm gonna get bashed now but I think alot of their stuff is rather over-rated for the price.
The shea hand-cream is gorgeous as is the body-lotion, but the shower gels and soaps aren't *that* wonderful for the price they charge.

>takes shelter<

Definitely indulgence time. Prices are very high. Some I like - some I don't. For me it's Cherry Blossom, Almond Oil, and the Shea range. Some of the stuff is too highly perfumed for me. The soaps are good and I don't use anthing else. They last for ages.

The TSVs - providing you like what's in them - are the best way to buy. If you had the money you could easy rack a fortune up in the shops and not walk away with that much.

There are other ranges as good and better for the price.

Hi,

have to admit, Occitane doesnt float my boat either.

But everyones different!

Cheers,
karen

I love the soaps the milk shea is gorgeous it lasts a long time and never goes soggy. The peach blossom body lotion is gorgeous but i find the cherry blossom too strong. The verbena is also lovely and very fresh.I use their handcreams which i really like and again the shea is wonderful when your skin is very dry but i find LE handcream just as good.
I don't like the perfumes at all as i find them strong and quite sickly.
I think L'occitaine is very expensive but the quality is good. However i also like some of the dreaded high street brands as well.

I love L'Occitane liquid soaps (verbena is fave) and the handcreams (like both the lavender and cherry blossom) and although they're expensive feel it's justified as they both last ages and don't dry out my skin (in the case of the liquid soap). I was having this argument earlier with MrM as we have just run out of liquid soap in the kitchen and he wanted to know why I thought £20.00 was a good price for it. I do like the soap bars but prefer the liquid ones just because there is no mess with them.

I haven't however found a L'Occitane shower gel that I love and although I have the Cherry Blossom perfume I don't rate that as much as the fragrance does not last long at all.

If you found the rose too "granny-ish" try the cherry blossom instead which is lovely and I think lighter than most of their scents.

I love the cherry blossom and shea stuff. I've started on the verbena but the body lotion/gel stuff reminds me of the hand-wipes you get from kfc! The almond stuff if great too but I find it quite strong and sickly so only use it when going to bed.

I can't bear the lavender or honey/lemon stuff, and not particularly fond of the rose either. I don't think perfumes are the way in with l'occitane, start with the hand creams and soaps first as they are their top products by far.

Bring back MB!

The shea butter is nice and I love all their stuff that smells of lavender.
I absolutely love the fresh scent of lavender and l'oocitane capture it
beautifully.
I like some l'occitane stuff but I still REALLY miss the Molton Brown
smellies. I loved the Amber and Yuan Zhi. (plse excuse my dodgy spelling!)

For me the MB TSV was the highlight of shopping at Xmas. QVC is just
not the same for me.

i usually buy l'occitane for each of my team at work for xmas (its a small team!) and sometimes worry that its a bit granny-ish - especially as i know one of them likes MB.

i got them the TSV each this year which was a bit extravagent but i just thought i'd do it and save the stress of choosing stuff from the range later. i always figure they'll make presents of it if they dont like it themselves.

i really like a lot of the l'occitane range - the cade after shave balm is something i'm NEVER without - a true desert island product for me - and the mens shower gels are a nice treat. it's just not that trendy and i dont think QVC currently have a range to suite the younger unisex market since MB went.

i usually buy l'occitane for each of my team at work for xmas (its a small team!) and sometimes worry that its a bit granny-ish - especially as i know one of them likes MB.

i got them the TSV each this year which was a bit extravagent but i just thought i'd do it and save the stress of choosing stuff from the range later. i always figure they'll make presents of it if they dont like it themselves.

i really like a lot of the l'occitane range - the cade after shave balm is something i'm NEVER without - a true desert island product for me - and the mens shower gels are a nice treat. it's just not that trendy and i dont think QVC currently have a range to suite the younger unisex market since MB went.

Can I come and work for you, please? x

i have been using l'occitane for around 8 years now and i dont know any brand that i totally like better.
i only use their fragrances as they are quite simple and as i have got older prefer these scents to the fashion ott smells.
their skincare and bodycare is lovely and the shower gels and soaps make bathing heaven.
they are an expensive brand but its justified when you see the level of grape seed oil,shea butter, sweet almond oi etcl. most brands dont have this level of quality.
if it were not for qvc with their special deals and easy pays l'occitane would be a twice a year treat. now we have a l'occitane bath/shower everyday and i can even gift some stuff to share this beautifull brand with my special friends and family.
i dont miss molton brown as this is not in the same league as l'occitane.most if not all the ingredients are synthetic and cheap and dont moisturise the way that l'occitane does.
just got back from l'occitane where i live and got a rose nuit de mai edt.amazing. a free shower gel with a little suitcase(this is naff )and some amber inscence sticks (l'occitane even beat yankee for room fragrancing lol)
i wonder what everyone will say when i wear this to work.
got the body lotion on the bay. i bit runny but still lovely!
PHWEEEE!!!

I am a l'occitane fan and to be honest not a fan of the rose,its old fashioned to me.I like the verbena and lavender and I really like the soaps.They are gentle,lather up very well and no,they don't go soggy.My youngest son has very sensitive skin and they are good for him to use.
I bought a lot of l'occitane on my hols in the states this year at an outlet shop and the rest is bought from qvc,usually tsvs where I keep the things I like, then make up gifts with things I dont.I love the liquid soap too,for my 3 kids with grubby hands I have one in the downstairs loo,they like to use it as it has such a nice smell too.
It also has the added bonus of making the house smell lovely!! I think you could become a fan by trying smaller sizes of products and'' sussing out'' your faves,the shea hand cream is also another lovely item.Good luck x

Latest posts

Back