Alpha H warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think different ingredients in products can suit or not suit different people. Loccitane for instance, whilst projecting a natural image, do contain alot of irritants, so some people may find they don't suit them, or that the products are very drying on them.
The difference IMHO with brands like alpha h is that the acids are quite aggressive, thats not to say they arn't to be used, as some people get on very well with them, but i do think that the sales people should give more of a warning. Also, agressive products like these can encourage more oil production on some people, so not always perfect for acne-prone skin as alison young keeps saying.

I've still got the little tester kit that I got at the NYNY event but I'm too scared to try it also. I had a nasty reaction years ago to Clinique Turnaround cream so have always been a bit wary of anything which seems to offer potentially quite an aggressive action, although I am super sensitive......

I still have flashbacks to the previous Alpha H "debate" too........horrible......

Twinklette x

I use Alpha-H products and love them, but like someone else said, different products suit different skin types. I react to Decleor for example, so I can only use certain Decleor products ! I think patch testing any glycolic acid based products is a must and if you have a reaction to those types of products the first time around then I wouldn't recommend using them again.
Also, I'd say that when they state that the liquid gold for example should be applied with a cottonwool pad by simply 'gliding' it over the face, that's exactly what they mean. You shouldn't be rubbing or using the cottonwool pad as though you're using a toner to remove the last remnants of your makeup. Remember that it's a skin treatment for removing dead skin cells and the aim of glycolic acid based products is to simply allow the product to make contact with the top layers of your skin, not to try and have your skin absorb it in any way.

I use Liquid Gold once a week and only get a tiny tingle from it and I also love their moisturiser. However I broke out in nasty sores with Liz Earle's Skin Repair and have also had an elergic reaction to Sarah Chapman's Dynamic Defence SPF15 after a patch test on my neck (the Age Repair Serum was fine though). It's always a good idea to patch test any new product, but I had been using the LE Skin Repair for about a week before the sores appeared and I didn't realise for a while what was causing them and carried on using it until I looked a right sight!

The No 7 Repair and Protect Serum brought me out in bad spots - it was worse than when I was a teenager! As soon as I stopped using it and went back to my Gatineau I was fine.

The No 7 Repair and Protect Serum brought me out in bad spots - it was worse than when I was a teenager! As soon as I stopped using it and went back to my Gatineau I was fine.

I have been using the Repair and Protect serum and it has made my skin really lovely and soft so I am a convert. I had to find an alternative to Gatineau and even Liz earle light because they just slide off my face in hot weather.

I did buy a No7 night cream though which did bring me out in spots as I think it was too rich for me.

My 18 year old DD has been troubled with spots lately, so I got her the Alpha-H Luxury Kit to try (details below).

Of course *I* couldn't resist trying it.......skincare tart that I am!! :16:

I am 49, with dry and very sensitive skin and the Alpha-H is bizarrely BRILLIANT on my skin!!

Only get a wee tingle, no redness or soreness.......

I have tried Liquid Gold in the past and just a wee tingle with that too - but no GOOD results either.

However I have been using the Luxury kit for a week and my skin is SO much brighter, clearer, smoother, silkier......

Yet a day in a spa yesterday (brilliant day) ) with a Decleor facial (booked before I started Alpha-H) was fine but the Elemis hand cream and hand wash left my hands sore and itchy and the Elemis shampoo and conditioner left my scalp burning and itching!!

And Liz Earle, REN etc left me with rashes......but Alpha-H which I only used because I am greedy and EXPECTED to be awful on my skin, has been great.....

It really is bizarre what affects our skin......we are all so different.

Alpha-H 6 Piece Luxury Collection
QVC Price£70.50 Item Number223406 Availability Waitlist only UK P&P£4.95
Overall Rating 4.7 out of 5

Treat problem skin with a little tender loving care courtesy of this fantastic luxury collection from Alpha-H. The set includes; a micro cleanser (200ml), balancing moisturiser (100ml), a 15% glycolic hydrating mask (100g) and a purifying clay mask (100g). All of these products can help to exfoliate and cleanse your skin of impurities to help to achieve smoother, healthier looking skin.

My 18 year old DD has been troubled with spots lately, so I got her the Alpha-H Luxury Kit to try (details below).

Of course *I* couldn't resist trying it.......skincare tart that I am!! :16:

I am 49, with dry and very sensitive skin and the Alpha-H is bizarrely BRILLIANT on my skin!!

Only get a wee tingle, no redness or soreness.......

I have tried Liquid Gold in the past and just a wee tingle with that too - but no GOOD results either.

However I have been using the Luxury kit for a week and my skin is SO much brighter, clearer, smoother, silkier......

Yet a day in a spa yesterday (brilliant day) ) with a Decleor facial (booked before I started Alpha-H) was fine but the Elemis hand cream and hand wash left my hands sore and itchy and the Elemis shampoo and conditioner left my scalp burning and itching!!

And Liz Earle, REN etc left me with rashes......but Alpha-H which I only used because I am greedy and EXPECTED to be awful on my skin, has been great.....

It really is bizarre what affects our skin......we are all so different.

Alpha-H 6 Piece Luxury Collection
QVC Price£70.50 Item Number223406 Availability Waitlist only UK P&P£4.95
Overall Rating 4.7 out of 5

Treat problem skin with a little tender loving care courtesy of this fantastic luxury collection from Alpha-H. The set includes; a micro cleanser (200ml), balancing moisturiser (100ml), a 15% glycolic hydrating mask (100g) and a purifying clay mask (100g). All of these products can help to exfoliate and cleanse your skin of impurities to help to achieve smoother, healthier looking skin.

If liz earle and REN give you a rash, it sounds like you are prob allergic to a specific essential oil, REN products don't contain the chemicals that alot of people are allergic to, but do contain alot of natural oils etc, as does liz earle prob that. :) some natural oils can be irritants

If liz earle and REN give you a rash, it sounds like you are prob allergic to a specific essential oil, REN products don't contain the chemicals that alot of people are allergic to, but do contain alot of natural oils etc, as does liz earle prob that. :) some natural oils can be irritants

I think you are probably spot-on there (excuse the pun) and my problem is natural essential oils......or maybe just "natural" products, although I am fine with Decleor.......

AD Skin Synergy and Organic Pharmacy products also make me red and rashy!

I cannot believe that Alpha-H doesn't.......or hasn't YET! :33:

I think all skincare should be available in a sample size to try before you buy! We're all so different and buying a big tub of expensive product only to find it brings you out in hives is such a waste. Qvc is good coz it's returnable , but the amount I've bought in the past from the high street and had to bucket is a sin! The only problem is even if it suits for a while it can viciously turn on you and cause a nasty reaction at anytime. There's no real 'forever solution'. The beauty industry has an ever needful, ever changing market!

I think all skincare should be available in a sample size to try before you buy! We're all so different and buying a big tub of expensive product only to find it brings you out in hives is such a waste. Qvc is good coz it's returnable , but the amount I've bought in the past from the high street and had to bucket is a sin! The only problem is even if it suits for a while it can viciously turn on you and cause a nasty reaction at anytime. There's no real 'forever solution'. The beauty industry has an ever needful, ever changing market!

What i tend to do is email the company and ask for a sample of the product i am interested in, alot are very helpful, some arn't. Generally the ones that arn't helpful i don't often buy from.
REN, jurlique, caudalie, korres, elemis and lancome are all very helpful i have found. if you go onto the website, and onto contact me, then email the brand i have mentioned have all sent me samples of products i was interested in. Due to this i now use a lancome make-up remover, ren shower gel and cleanser, jurlique exfoliator etc, so they i think they do benefit from sending samples.
Also, theres a couple of sites you can ask for samples from, am i allowed to name them on here? And Lancome and clarins are excellent at giving samples at their counters if you ask.
since my last reaction to alpha h, i have been more cautious

Latest posts

Back