Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now, I'm no spring chicken. I won't see 60 again so maybe I had a senior moment but I assumed she was at least in her mid 40's, probably a bit older. However, the way she talks, she gives the impression she is only in her 30's. Maybe its the round shiny face that makes her seem older? I'm sorry if I'm aging her prematurely

Now, I'm no spring chicken. I won't see 60 again so maybe I had a senior moment but I assumed she was at least in her mid 40's, probably a bit older. However, the way she talks, she gives the impression she is only in her 30's. Maybe its the round shiny face that makes her seem older? I'm sorry if I'm aging her prematurely

She did say in a show recently, that she was 46? Was a little surprised to hear her say it, as she can be a bit cagey about her age. Well it's a womans privilege ain't it....

Gobby blubbed after Eve, like all bullies she can't take it when someone stands up to her.

I so wish I had seen this. Three cheers for Eve Lom. :mysmilie_378: I wish more of the guests would do this & put that woman in her place. Can't bear her now with all her screeching, rudeness and I know it all attitude.

QVC please listen. GET RID !

Much as I like JF I thought she was older than 46. It shows that being thin can be ageing facially. In contrast, AY looks younger and fresher but she is more rounded figure-wise.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks much older now with her weight loss.

So Mrs James must need to carry personal ID all the time just to load up on the battenbergs without parental guidance.

Much as I like JF I thought she was older than 46. It shows that being thin can be ageing facially. In contrast, AY looks younger and fresher but she is more rounded figure-wise.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks much older now with her weight loss.

So Mrs James must need to carry personal ID all the time just to load up on the battenbergs without parental guidance.

Personally I think it's all down to genes rather than how much weight you are carrying.

But, supposing your theory was true .... it would mean that Alison would have to swell up each year inflate the wrinkles because age waits for no one! :eek:

Give her a trowel. The amount of make up plastered onto her face this evening:thinking: And that gadget shes supposed to be using under her chin is clearly not working.:confused:

Last edited:
Another dreadful outfit this evening,that mini skirt is doing her no favours,and the way she sits does not help.She should dress a lot more professionally,she obviously thinks she looks trendy and glam--Michaela on Gatineau show is .by contrast,much more professional looking

Found an article from June 2005 when Alison was 40 - her birthday is 1st or 2nd July so that would make her recently turned 47. She probably mentions her current age, ahead of her birthday each year so that people think she's a year younger.

Whitley Bay girl and star of QVC, Alison Young thinks she knows why Geordie lasses are so in demand.

"I think Northern girls are very blunt, to the point and call a spade a spade," she says. "I know a lot of my Southern colleagues will sit round being all nice and polite to each other, while I'll say exactly what I think. I'm proud of that."

Alison grew up in Whitley Bay before moving to Cleadon and attending Whitburn Comprehensive. Now 40 and based in Surrey, she moved "under great sufferance" down South at the age of 18 to pursue a career in beauty therapy.

After training in Chichester, Alison found work in several exclusive health farms, treating celebrities (Jenny Agutter, Jane Asher, Sir Anthony Hopkins) and even royalty. But she'll not name-drop the Windsors.

"I'll never talk about the royal family," she says. "I don't like what people have done to them. It's almost become like a soap opera or a reality TV programme and as a very pro-royal, that saddens me. I've worked on a royal wedding, yes, but I'm not prepared to say which one. I can't talk about it further than that, sorry."

Just over 10 years ago, a chance meeting in a petrol station was to change Alison's life. She got chatting to a bloke who just so happened to be Mike Lemon, associate of Peter Ridsdale, latterly of Leeds United chairmanship fame and then chief executive of QVC.

Alison told him what she did, chanced her arm and suggested a few programme ideas. Lemon liked what he heard and Alison has been a QVC stalwart ever since. Working seven days a week, sometimes anchoring four hours of live TV in one go, Alison, who is married to ex-Crystal Palace footballer Simon Rodger, is kept busy all the time. And it doesn't stop when she comes off air - that's when she starts sifting through the six hundred emails sent to her every day.

"I love it," she smiles. "I enjoy my work more and more all the time. I never get nervous or stressed before a show, I just have a great time. It's weird when I get recognised though. People will notice me even if I'm in a baseball cap and jodhpurs. They'll recognise my voice or my nails and ask me loads of beauty questions. But I love all that, that's what I'm there for. When I'm on air I honestly see into people's living rooms and try and talk to them personally."

Alison has fond memories of visits to Northumberland and Mike Neville on Look North.

"Is he still going?" she gasps in disbelief. "When I first moved South I thought everyone was abnormal. I'd come from the North East where everyone was a Mod or a punk. Suddenly I was surrounded by people in corduroys and hacking jackets.

"No-one could understand a word I said. They saw the blonde hair, blue eyes and heard the funny accent and just presumed I was Scandinavian. I think I might start a campaign to move QVC to Newcastle. That way I could finally come home."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/tm_objectid=15602124&method=full&siteid=50081-name_page.html

Thank You Dame, confirms it.

Yes the way she sits with one let high up across the other(men sit like this), very Marlene Di(sorry cannot spell her name), singing Falling In Love Again.

scandinavian??? does she really think people in the south have never heard a northern accent? weird.

I've worked on a royal wedding, yes, but I'm not prepared to say which one. I can't talk about it further than that, sorry."

Victoria and Albert?!! I love our Alison, and I'm even from the South. She makes he laugh more than any other presenter, sometimes when she's not even trying to.

I've worked on a royal wedding, yes, but I'm not prepared to say which one. I can't talk about it further than that, sorry."

Victoria and Albert?!! I love our Alison, and I'm even from the South. She makes he laugh more than any other presenter, sometimes when she's not even trying to.

Ha ha! Just spurted my tea all over my laptop, laughed so hard! :mysmilie_17:

That photo is so soft focus its hard to tell who it is.

Not to mention the amount on electricity they must have spent lighting that photoshoot: they must have gone through 3 seams of coal just for that! :nod:

Thank You Dame, confirms it.

Yes the way she sits with one let high up across the other(men sit like this), very Marlene Di(sorry cannot spell her name), singing Falling In Love Again.

When I was very little I saw Dietrich going into a hotel. She was an old lady by then but absolutely exuding real stardom from every millimetre. As ever she had a long frock with huge a split and her legs well but tastefully displayed really were magnificent.

She got chatting to a bloke who just so happened to be Mike Lemon

Any relation to Keith Lemon ? "your'e loookin bangtidy with that eyeliner and youv'e got great dress sense, would you like to talk nonsense on the telly and flog make up to a load of daft viewers"

Latest posts

Back