Ali Young - new emphasis on qualified

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find her so sarcastic to a point she embarrasses people sometimes, also she's very rude constantly interupting and thinking she knows best, hope she doesn't fall off that extremely high pedestal QVC have put her on, it's a long way down.

I quite like her, she isn't one that makes me reach for the off button but I do find her make up a bit odd.
Sometimes it looks ok then others it looks like a child has mistaken her face for a Girls World!

I saw her the other week and mistook her face for a smacked arse!

She does look better in the therapist uniform, though; her usual clothes are almost always unflattering.

... and as for Beauty Therapy qualifications .... well, it's not exactly neuro-science or molecular physics, now, is it? Purchase potion, slap it on the client, NEXT!

I quite like her, she isn't one that makes me reach for the off button but I do find her make up a bit odd.
Sometimes it looks ok then others it looks like a child has mistaken her face for a Girls World!

Ahhhh the memories my favourite Toy ever Girls World I loved mine she was a brunette. I think that is were my make-up addiction started.

Beauty Therapists have to be qualified in anatomy and physiology. Not as simple as many think. It is a 2 year full time course.

Not in QVC land, you can become qualified in something during a one hour show, I mean little Miceal even became a fashion stylist in his lunch break :giggle:

She's taught me NOT to were a flared green skirt with a black jumper tucked in! Has she been in a coal-hole on her hands and knees? Shocking!

Hmmmm....... I would reckon that everyone on this forum is "qualified" in something - even if its only gaining a certificate in the sack race at school !

100 years ago before the white sock brigade with quiffed hair found their calling, I was an estate agent. This was during the time when you had to KNOW what you were talking about - not being told by the vendor what THEY wanted price wise. This meant 3 years office bound with chartered surveyors learning your 'stuff' before you were even let loose on the general public, and even then it was with an experienced valuer. After which I could deemed to be called qualified.

I wouldn't stand a chance in the 'business' these days with new rules and procedures. My point is, regular updating yourself on courses, seminars etc is necessary to keep abreast of new methods. So AY may well be long since 'qualified' but can she still maintain that title now ???

She's taught me NOT to were a flared green skirt with a black jumper tucked in! Has she been in a coal-hole on her hands and knees? Shocking!

Agree, it's not a good look.

I also have to say, particularly during the Taya hour, her hair look was not a good advert. Same when she was presenting PK hair trichotherapy product during Weds AYBNI - her hair looked like straw. I'd say she needs to rethink the hair colouring regime she is following, and add more deep conditioning, but she's definitely overbleached at the ends, but with quite significant root growth at present.

She can look good on air, and she always to my mind looks nice in RL, but at present her on-air looks are more miss than hit.

She has had the same hairdresser for years. I think she was a mobile one???? Used to mention her by name a lot too.

Even the staff you see in department store counters have to go training for new products and revamps of how to use regular stock, usually once a month.

I much prefer watching her without her little side kick...when he's on I switch off I'm afraid.

We all have to get on with new technology and the like and AY should do the same and not rely on somebody else, but then I suppose we could all act thick and stupid to get others to do the work for us...now there's an idea :mysmilie_506:

She's on with Lulu now. Can't help wondering if Time Bomb is about to give the Old Boot the boot. All the packaging now highlights "A Federici Product" and little old Lu's name is nowhere to be found. Are they edging her out?

Donna that is correct she always said she had the same hairdresser Frankie I believe she was called ,but yells bells I wouldn't let her anywhere near my dog if he needed a trim

It has been said that you have to speculate to accumulate and AT certainly neede to and still needs to speculate on her appearance and how she comes across to others

Surely she could blag a restyle the next time someone like Richard Ward is in the building?

She's on with Lulu now. Can't help wondering if Time Bomb is about to give the Old Boot the boot. All the packaging now highlights "A Federici Product" and little old Lu's name is nowhere to be found. Are they edging her out?

Her name is only mentioned on QVC with Time Bomb, it disappeared on the website and other online sellers last year.

Surely she could blag a restyle the next time someone like Richard Ward is in the building?

Ye gods No! I can't bear RW. Only reason Tangle Angel can get away with ripping off Tangle Teezer idea is he stuck a handle on it. And he's smarmy.

I think one of AY's downfalls is that she's great at giving others advice, but not so good at asking or taking advice herself when it comes to beauty.

Yet another one who needs her hair cut, styled and properly coloured. I just can't understand why so many of them persist in this very ageing look of long, lank hair.

Latest posts

Back