Alexis... the fount of all knowledge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

because it can be treated and because i'm assuming i'm not the only person who finds it difficult to listen to. maybe i am, in which case i apologise. i certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.:sad:

But why should the onus be on the person who was born with a problem be forced into 'treating' something just because some people find it difficult to listen to? Why can it not just be the people who find it 'difficult' who just try and get used to it or accept it?

People with a speech impediment, or indeed any kind of affliction or disability, as Gem Genie so rightly said, cannot help the way they are. People who are 'different' in this world struggle enough in varying degrees, and also regularly have to face predjudices from other people's preconceptions of the way they should be, not just with speech but with any kind of variation from what people consider the norm.

Maybe if more people were tolerant of other people's differences, whatever they may be, then life for an awful lot of people would be a little less difficult.

Last edited:
Ah yep, sorry PPC. I forgot no one was allowed to give an opinion that was different to yours. I'll make sure I remember the pecking order round here in future.

Last edited:
Amn gives a well reasoned post and she gets slapped down. Christ, there are some really nasty people on this board who seem to think that being a bitch is a mark of honour.

Amn gives a well reasoned post and she gets slapped down. Christ, there are some really nasty people on this board who seem to think that being a bitch is a mark of honour.
You've only just realised, Mimi? x :bandit:

But why should the onus be on the person who was born with a problem be forced into 'treating' something just because some people find it difficult to listen to? Why can it not just be the people who find it 'difficult' who just try and get used to it or accept it?

People with a speech impediment, or indeed any kind of affliction or disability, as Gem Genie so rightly said, cannot help the way they are. People who are 'different' in this world struggle enough in varying degrees, and also regularly have to face predjudices from other people's preconceptions of the way they should be, not just with speech but with any kind of variation from what people consider the norm.

Maybe if more people were tolerant of other people's differences, whatever they may be, then life for an awful lot of people would be a little less difficult.

i don't think "tolerant" is the right word, more that i don't care about anyone's differences or disabilities. i just personally think, in public broadcasting a good clear speaking voice is a requirement. yes it's my problem, or it would be if i had any interest in what she had to say, and i apologised for that.

alexis does not have a speech impediement. we can hear every single word she says loud and clear.

I never even noticed any speech impediment with Alexis she is very clear and concise to me; I sometimes find her annoying as when the presenter speaks she doesn't engage in conversation but continues to waffle about top notes in fragrance etc...it's usually the other way round though, so maybe she's realised that is the only way to get her sales pitch in and you can't blame her for that!

For that matter Charlie Brook speaks very nasally as if he has gunge in his nose but no-one seems to notice that. He also has the really annoying and I find "rude" habit of carrying on speaking while laughing at his own funnies, for ages and ages. A slight giggle is ok but to carry on and on about a product while laughing is not professional I feel.

i don't think "tolerant" is the right word, more that i don't care about anyone's differences or disabilities. i just personally think, in public broadcasting a good clear speaking voice is a requirement. yes it's my problem, or it would be if i had any interest in what she had to say, and i apologised for that.

Oh hello, I got told I'd made my point and to not labour it. Seems that only applies to one side of the discussion doesn't it.

Ah yep, sorry PPC. I forgot no one was allowed to give an opinion that was different to yours. I'll make sure I remember the pecking order round here in future.

You've only just realised, Mimi? x :bandit:
Hecate joins her Weyward Sisters...:mysmilie_62:

sorry - i was just replying to you is all :(

As was I yesterday when I got told to leave it and that I had to shut it

And you have no need to apologise Janie, I'm not criticising you, you've put your point forward without any rudeness or nastiness, and so have I. That's supposed to be how a discussion works isn't it.

I never even noticed any speech impediment with Alexis she is very clear and concise to me; I sometimes find her annoying as when the presenter speaks she doesn't engage in conversation but continues to waffle about top notes in fragrance etc...it's usually the other way round though, so maybe she's realised that is the only way to get her sales pitch in and you can't blame her for that!

Hey GT I'd love to know why you disliked my post...can't see your post on here anywhere?

Latest posts

Back