Alexis, Loccitane, memory ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the l'occitane shea soap is my alltime fav and no spots. cleansers leave my skin really claggy and unclean so i dont waste my money and too many ingredients to bother with. after decades of fighting it i i use a bar of soap and its much cheaper.

Oh yes, the green palmolive bar was always by the kitchen sink. I remember the big Fairy bars too that Gran used to use on collars and cuffs.

That brings back memories of the advert for the big Fairy bar with Fanny Craddock cleaning Johnnie's collars! Anyone remember the deodorant soap which came out in the 70s? ( Not Lifebuoy)

Last edited:
Ooh yeah Camay, loved that one, see soap never did any of us any harm lol. No need to spend £40+ on bottles of cleanser, unless you want to of course .. happy christmas fellow soap devotees :eek:)

Frankly, I don't understand why you aren't all traumatised by having to use bog-standard (excuse the pun) toilet soap as kids; surely we should all be letting nothing but pure oils, natural butters and essence of fairy-wee touch our skins?

:angel:

Jinny x

Trying not to sound like Yankee Michaela, smells do take you right back. Lux reminds me of my Nan, white Lux and Yardley's face powder, and I recently bought Shield but it doesn't seem to smell quite the same. I recall the ad with the aerosol spray on top of the soap. I do remember Woodleigh Green shampoo. And every year my poor dad would get a Linco Beer shampoo in a real beer glass. Isn't L'Occitane Linden blossom soap made of fairy wee? Or was mine a rogue batch? it stunk!

Used to use Linco too, can smell it now also a Peachy one, innecto? peach kernel??

Also nb Shaders and Toners the colour sachets, cost about 50p and whatever colour always gave me an orangey red patch at the bag of my head, but for some reason I always thought I looked gorgeous and sooo grown up, gulp! LOL

Used to use Linco too, can smell it now also a Peachy one, innecto? peach kernel??

Also nb Shaders and Toners the colour sachets, cost about 50p and whatever colour always gave me an orangey red patch at the bag of my head, but for some reason I always thought I looked gorgeous and sooo grown up, gulp! LOL

Oh Yes! It was Hint of a Tint for me, guaranteed to bring out the blonde hightlights in my brown hair. Obviously i did not have any, or the product itself was useless because it didn't work!

I am sure I've said this before on here but i spent the 80's looking like a Yorkshire Terrier. Bleach and brunette do not mix well. Lucky having a massive, flicked ginger fringe was 'in'!!

I remember all those brands of soap mentioned and think there was another pink one my mum used to buy for herself called 'Cadum'.

ooo yeah - "cadum for madam" lol!

i also remember the shield ad - the way he sang shieeeeeeeeeeeel -D! but i don't remember the deodorant can on top.

I used Anne French Lemon Shampoo for blond hair as a child, it came in a sachet thing.

Volene(sp) was thick and green and suppose to be good for health hair, well according to the ads way.

Oooh didn't Anne French do a cleansing milk too, it was in a blue bottle with white writing. Funny how the mind is capable of just jumping straight back to things from years ago just like it was yesterday.

I nb once I had a few teenager spots and presumably felt awkward so one night I took it in my head to get the cotton wool and sweep neat ""Dettol"" across my whole face to use as an astringent. Thought nothing of it until the next morning when I woke to find I found I had burnt the whole surface of my face, I recall looking like a tomato for about a week, spots were nothing in comparison!! Not long after that I bought some rimmel concealer and used this everyday with baby powder for face powder - must have looked like a ghost constantly and so I got threw can after can of hairspray, for my flicked hair, that whenever the wind blew I looked like I had elephant ears and was about to take off. It was solid!! Funny what we did, convinced we looked gorgeous!!!

Ooooh I remember Ann French, used to be amazed how much dirt it removed!!! Of course now I only use something very over-priced as recommended by the RBE.
My nan only used Wrights Coal Tar soap and she had beautiful skin even in her 80's.

Oooh didn't Anne French do a cleansing milk too, it was in a blue bottle with white writing. Funny how the mind is capable of just jumping straight back to things from years ago just like it was yesterday.

I nb once I had a few teenager spots and presumably felt awkward so one night I took it in my head to get the cotton wool and sweep neat ""Dettol"" across my whole face to use as an astringent. Thought nothing of it until the next morning when I woke to find I found I had burnt the whole surface of my face, I recall looking like a tomato for about a week, spots were nothing in comparison!! Not long after that I bought some rimmel concealer and used this everyday with baby powder for face powder - must have looked like a ghost constantly and so I got threw can after can of hairspray, for my flicked hair, that whenever the wind blew I looked like I had elephant ears and was about to take off. It was solid!! Funny what we did, convinced we looked gorgeous!!!

hey, who needs an acid peel when there's dettol? better tell lulu that one,:wink:

Latest posts

Back