Aldi Health & Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went to Aldi mid-afternoon. Traipsed up and down the four aisles of Specialbuys, checked the everyday toiletries section, even went all along the food Specialbuys aisles in case they had hidden the beauty there and was about to walk out when I spotted a member of staff (a rarity). So I asked if they had sold out of all the beauty or would be getting it another day and she said it was over by tills 1-3. Now, I know others have said they have found items “by the tills” but I’d only looked for stands at the end of the aisles next to tills or whatever. I found it actually on raised shelves alongside the conveyor belts, where other supermarkets sometimes have things like bottles of water and chewing gum for queuing customers to pick up last minute items. It seems a weird place to me but I’m just happy I found it at all. Fortunately, none of the tills was in use or it would have been impossible to study the offerings and root through the little boxes. They had nearly everything in the leaflet so I went a bit mad, especially as the last three times I’ve been in over the last year, I’ve not found anything except one item once.

So, TLL, another time, remember to tell your “personal shopper” ;) to look by the checkout conveyor belts. And let’s all keep this to ourselves on here so the eBay raiders can’t go in and buy it all up to sell at 4x the price before we have chance to get any! 😁
I did read somewhere they were there as too many were getting stolen.

I went to Aldi mid-afternoon. Traipsed up and down the four aisles of Specialbuys, checked the everyday toiletries section, even went all along the food Specialbuys aisles in case they had hidden the beauty there and was about to walk out when I spotted a member of staff (a rarity). So I asked if they had sold out of all the beauty or would be getting it another day and she said it was over by tills 1-3. Now, I know others have said they have found items “by the tills” but I’d only looked for stands at the end of the aisles next to tills or whatever. I found it actually on raised shelves alongside the conveyor belts, where other supermarkets sometimes have things like bottles of water and chewing gum for queuing customers to pick up last minute items. It seems a weird place to me but I’m just happy I found it at all. Fortunately, none of the tills was in use or it would have been impossible to study the offerings and root through the little boxes. They had nearly everything in the leaflet so I went a bit mad, especially as the last three times I’ve been in over the last year, I’ve not found anything except one item once.

So, TLL, another time, remember to tell your “personal shopper” ;) to look by the checkout conveyor belts. And let’s all keep this to ourselves on here so the eBay raiders can’t go in and buy it all up to sell at 4x the price before we have chance to get any! 😁
Ahh well, well done you!
Your searching snd sleuthing paid off! ☺️😉

Fancy hiding them from us all!

I shall inform my personal shopper (love it - and I’ve called her that in the past!) where to look another time. Bet they’re cleared out over this weekend though.

Enjoy your stash!

Am dying to know what the £5.99 copy of a £464 😳 perfume smells like! X

Last edited:

Oh goodness I’m so sorry, I knew they were starting to do that, should have posted about it….
It’s because so many were getting stolen
Glad you managed to get what you wanted.

Ok, reporting back! Managed to get 4 bottles of the shower oil. So happy. Has anyone got a bottle of the previous specialbuy? These bottles seem smaller, 200ml, I thought they were previously 250ml, could be wrong! Also got the vitamin c gel cream. Customers were going mad for the perfumes and the Charlotte Tilbury setting spray dupe. There wasn't alot of stock in and certainly not everything.
Also picked up 4 bottles of fab rose on offer at £4.99 down from £8.99!! Happy days

Oh goodness I’m so sorry, I knew they were starting to do that, should have posted about it….
It’s because so many were getting stolen
Glad you managed to get what you wanted.
No, don’t worry at all. It felt like more of an exciting treasure trove after having to seek it out. In other stores, do they not open the tills where they have the beauty as was the case here yesterday? Anyone found that? I just don’t see how you could have a proper look if there were people waiting to pay, especially if there were a few looking at the beauty (only me looking yesterday) or if it was really busy.

Hubby has just returned from doing the weekly shop with two tubs of the body cream. He said there were loads there.
They had about a dozen here but no shower oil. I am looking forward to trying mine (have you had it before?). Did you ask your personal shopper spouse to get anything else?

No, don’t worry at all. It felt like more of an exciting treasure trove after having to seek it out. In other stores, do they not open the tills where they have the beauty as was the case here yesterday? Anyone found that? I just don’t see how you could have a proper look if there were people waiting to pay, especially if there were a few looking at the beauty (only me looking yesterday) or if it was really busy.

They had about a dozen here but no shower oil. I am looking forward to trying mine (have you had it before?). Did you ask your personal shopper spouse to get anything else?
I know I wanted the cream so wouldn’t have had to explore….and at our store they weren’t right by the till, but in the end of the shelf opposite, as you turned left from fruit and veg….

I’ve used the body cream before yes. It’s gorgeous. I didn’t want anything else although he did get a tub of mint choc chip ice cream and a selection of ready made cocktails…. Which we will enjoy in the garden later 😂

I know I wanted the cream so wouldn’t have had to explore….and at our store they weren’t right by the till, but in the end of the shelf opposite, as you turned left from fruit and veg….

I’ve used the body cream before yes. It’s gorgeous. I didn’t want anything else although he did get a tub of mint choc chip ice cream and a selection of ready made cocktails…. Which we will enjoy in the garden later 😂
That’s where I assumed the stuff would be - much better than by the actual tills, I think, unless they keep those tills closed when they have the sought-after beauty ranges.

Your other shopping sounds great. I meant to pick up a few food Items as well but getting the beauty haul frazzled my brain.

Ok, reporting back! Managed to get 4 bottles of the shower oil. So happy. Has anyone got a bottle of the previous specialbuy? These bottles seem smaller, 200ml, I thought they were previously 250ml, could be wrong! Also got the vitamin c gel cream. Customers were going mad for the perfumes and the Charlotte Tilbury setting spray dupe. There wasn't alot of stock in and certainly not everything.
Also picked up 4 bottles of fab rose on offer at £4.99 down from £8.99!! Happy days
I’ve still got bottle of the previous almond shower oil - which I’ve still not given to my mum, lost then found it. Hope it will still be okay!

Anyway I just checked and it’s 200ml not 250ml. Remember thinking at the time that it looked slender!

Think the “body lotion” (which I would call a cream - in jar in box) is also 200ml.

Last time I also got a couple of almond Shea hand creams which I liked.
Not seen any mention of those this time (they came in silver plastic tubes - not metal ones, although they also did metal-tubed foot creams further back!)

Did you get any perfume?

I have to confess I’ve not even heard of the mega-pricey brand two of them are supposed to be copies of, but keen to know how they smell!

Just another Aldi tip…
They do a pack of 6 gorgeous “summer edition” macarons.

They are just delicious - much better if left to come to room temperature before indulging - in fruity flavours such as blood orange and passionfruit.

They’re £1.99 so not cheap but such a nice treat and much tastier than sickly chocolate and vanilla ones you usually find! They had them last year too and I got a bit addicted!

I’ve still got bottle of the previous almond shower oil - which I’ve still not given to my mum, lost then found it. Hope it will still be okay!

Anyway I just checked and it’s 200ml not 250ml. Remember thinking at the time that it looked slender!

Think the “body lotion” (which I would call a cream - in jar in box) is also 200ml.

Last time I also got a couple of almond Shea hand creams which I liked.
Not seen any mention of those this time (they came in silver plastic tubes - not metal ones, although they also did metal-tubed foot creams further back!)
The hand creams are permanent items…. Well as permanent as anything is in Aldi! You do have to look through the whole box of handcream, as Aldi do Chuck everything in the same box… I got a couple last week as they are so good, so cheap and I’m worried they will discontinue….

I did speak to one of our lovely sales assistants when I was in store this week. I asked about the hot cloth cleanser…she said they may have had trouble manufacturing it, so you could see it as a special again.

Did you get any perfume?

I have to confess I’ve not even heard of the mega-pricey brand two of them are supposed to be copies of, but keen to know how they smell!
I hadn’t heard of either make. My friend who was keen to get the Cardinal Red (dupe of the mega-expensive one) managed to get it and really likes it, Obviously it’s hard to describe perfumes, even harder when it’s someone else’s description, and she could only say it smells expensive. She really likes it and apparently it lasts. I don’t think this was a Specialbuy, but I bought a bottle of the No1 Lime, Basil & Mandarin (copy of Jo Malone) which I found elsewhere in the shop. I tried it yesterday and like it, especially for summer, but by the end of the day, I must admit it was starting to annoy me a bit.

Just another Aldi tip…
They do a pack of 6 gorgeous “summer edition” macarons.

They are just delicious - much better if left to come to room temperature before indulging - in fruity flavours such as blood orange and passionfruit.

They’re £1.99 so not cheap but such a nice treat and much tastier than sickly chocolate and vanilla ones you usually find! They had them last year too and I got a bit addicted!
I have only had macarons a few times and found them quite tasteless but those sound lovely. I bought a pack of frozen ones in Lidl a few years ago because I think I had only ever had them before at posh afternoon tea events where they were ok but nothing special. Actually, I think the Lidl ones were £2.99 for 6 so even dearer. I was so disappointed and haven’t bought again since. Maybe I’ll look out for them in Aldi next time, if I’m not struck senseless by the beauty Specialbuys, I gather their churros are to die for as well.

Latest posts

Back