A'kin recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can thorougly recommend Mypure - I get most of my stuff from there. Earlier in the year, I got a minty smelling Rose & Geranium cleanser. Turns out there had been a dodgy batch and they replaced it straight away and said I didn't have to send the dodgy one back. Great customer service!

My OTO arrived today too! Yay!!

OMG, I got one of the minty cleansers from my local health food shop, I thought I was losing my marbles as normally the cleanser smells SO rosey! I used up the bottle as it didn't seem to do my skin any harm. Did mypure say what the problem was?! I bought two more bottles just last weekend so I hope they'll be ok :sad:

Tx

OMG, I got one of the minty cleansers from my local health food shop, I thought I was losing my marbles as normally the cleanser smells SO rosey! I used up the bottle as it didn't seem to do my skin any harm. Did mypure say what the problem was?! I bought two more bottles just last weekend so I hope they'll be ok :sad:

Tx

They said mint (or peppermint) had accidentally been added to the batch and they'd only just found out. The replacement one I got was fine. If you've got duff ones this time (hopefully you won't!), maybe contact A'kin direct? They have a UK office now.

Can anyone let me know what you use the A'Kin emergency gel for?

I use it on my legs when I've epilated them. You can use it on spots, sore skin etc as well. I think it basically Aloe Vera gel with panthenol and some vits in it. Apparently, you can use it as a moisturiser if you have oily skin too.

Has anyone tried the Sandlewood cleanser? I have normal to oily skin and am not wild about the smell of sandlewood. Is it any good? Would the Rose one be too rich for my skin type? Thanks!

Another recommendation for the hair products...I get contact dermatitis on my hands from lots of shampoos but these are great.
I have fine oily coloured hair and use Lemongrass shampoo (really refreshing and foams up beautifully unlike some organic products) and Jojoba& Lavender conditioner (nice & light and rinses out easily)...just leaves nice, soft & shiny hair with no nasty ingredients or negative results:hi:

Another recommendation for the hair products...I get contact dermatitis on my hands from lots of shampoos but these are great.
I have fine oily coloured hair and use Lemongrass shampoo (really refreshing and foams up beautifully unlike some organic products) and Jojoba& Lavender conditioner (nice & light and rinses out easily)...just leaves nice, soft & shiny hair with no nasty ingredients or negative results:hi:

I recently swapped shampoos (again ;) ) I have my hair dyed a mahogany/red tone every 6 weeks and was desperate to try and preserve the colour a bit more, the A'kin stuff really helped with stopping the fade anyway - but found a Toni and Guy one that had red brunette colour preserver in it, and decided to give it a go. Well, it did help preserve the colour but brought me out in horrible spots all through my hairline and behind my ears. Switched back the A'Kin, and within 48 hours most of the spots had gone and my hair felt loads better...and it's like you say, no nasties in it at all, and it makes your hair feel really swingy.

I've got very dry skin on my legs. I love the body lotion. Put it on and for two minutes looki like Channel swimmer - then suddenly gone ande skin stays smooth and soft.

Only thing I would say is that I had a cleanser and I had not had it more than two months when one morning I noticed black mould arround the top. I threw it. I suppose that is the price you pay for evry natural ingredients and I must not have stored it in the correct temp or place.

They said mint (or peppermint) had accidentally been added to the batch and they'd only just found out. The replacement one I got was fine. If you've got duff ones this time (hopefully you won't!), maybe contact A'kin direct? They have a UK office now.

Oh right! Well, it didn't seem to do my any harm, just smelled a bit as the combination of mint and rose isn't one I'd normally go for! I'll check my new bottles when i get home and if they smell odd I'll get on to them.

thanks!

Tx

I've got very dry skin on my legs. I love the body lotion. Put it on and for two minutes looki like Channel swimmer - then suddenly gone ande skin stays smooth and soft.

Only thing I would say is that I had a cleanser and I had not had it more than two months when one morning I noticed black mould arround the top. I threw it. I suppose that is the price you pay for evry natural ingredients and I must not have stored it in the correct temp or place.

Hmmm ... I may have to give the body lotion another go, I was rubbing and rubbing for ages - maybe i should just rub a bit then leave it next time?

That's a shame re: your cleanser. Maybe it was a rouge one. Never had anything like that happen to mine, and my first bottle lasted me 3 months or there abouts.

I recently swapped shampoos (again ;) ) I have my hair dyed a mahogany/red tone every 6 weeks and was desperate to try and preserve the colour a bit more, the A'kin stuff really helped with stopping the fade anyway - but found a Toni and Guy one that had red brunette colour preserver in it, and decided to give it a go. Well, it did help preserve the colour but brought me out in horrible spots all through my hairline and behind my ears. Switched back the A'Kin, and within 48 hours most of the spots had gone and my hair felt loads better...and it's like you say, no nasties in it at all, and it makes your hair feel really swingy.

WOW!! that is really interesting. I love the swingy feel you get from their 'poos etc.

toners

has anyone used A'kin's toner (in the bottle, not the spray)? My LE IBST is just about done and wasn't sure whether to try the A'kin one or get another IBST.

Also, what are the sprays like? Can you use them as toner as well?

Latest posts

Back