AeroPilates

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
Anyone have one?

My mother talked me into ordering one on Saturday (I think she was hinting I need to lose weight & tone up), I have since had complete buyer's remorse & called them up today to try to cancel. Was told it was at the stage it's just about to leave the warehouse, so they might not be able to cancel it, so I might get it after all. Just wondering is it worth taking it out of the box when it arrives or am I better just refusing delivery as it will end up being another clothes hanger in the corner of the room?

Only you will know what you're like with gym equipment and if you keep things up once started. If you're anything like me, I start off with great intentions and then abandon it a few months later. I had an exercise bike that right from the word go was so loud and squeaky that it put me off from using it, so there it sat in the garage getting rusty til I sold it for a lot less than I paid for it.

Having said all that, personally, I think if they're sending it out anyway and you've got a chance to have a good go for a month, then do so. I think those machines have minimal put togetherness (?) so once it's up it's not like you can't take it apart again AND they will come and collect it again for free so......

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Chrissi. I was very tempted too. But I admitted to myself that it was rather on the large side, where would I keep it where I could access it easily and it not get in the way? Also I told myself that I would use it for about a week then soon get fed up of it, as much as I hated to admit it! I am still tempted, I love the look of the exercises and the effects it has on people. I'm with Lily, you have a month to try it out, make the most of it! Hope you have more staying power than I do and end up enjoying it! :happy:

I've had an Aero Pilates machine for a couple of years now and I love it. As I have ME/CFS I have to be careful I don't overdo things and pace myself so ordinary exercise that leaves you puffed out is a no-no for me. Pilates using Marjolein's machine can be as gentle or tough as you want, but I would say that you ideally need somewhere where you can keep it up all the time to get the full benefit of it, because although it's easy to fold up and put out, it's still a heavy machine and you would probably tire of doing that all the time. I'm lucky in that I have a spare room where I keep it, so it's up all the time, and I have it on a stand too, which makes it easier to use.

Good luck if you decide to keep it after the 30 days! :)

Thank you all. If I do get it I will try it for the 30 days and see how I go with it.

I don't have the room to keep it up all the time I know that for sure, so it might end up being more bother than it's worth, I will also not let my Mother anywhere near it as I know for a fact she would knacker her back even more putting it away or getting it out. It does sound brilliant though as I am a ex-dancer with knackered joints (knees & hips mainly) so it would be gentle enough for me not to end up having to take Tramadol for days afterwards.

I shall let you all know what happens though.

Heavy is an understatement - it's well over 30KG (a 2 man lift). Just getting it out of the box (which you won't be able to do alone) is a workout.

I had one because I needed to do some exercise without putting stress on a damaged knee joint - I find walking painful due to joint pain and I thought the Aeropilates could have helped) . If I had a room where I could have left it up all the time, then it might have been OK, but I don't.

I didn't find it easy to fold up/put away at all. I wouldnt say I'm shy to lifting things - I was a courier after all and we regularly had items like microwaves weighing 17KG, but the Aeropilates was something else and I felt I'd end up doing myself an injury if I tried to fold it up/move it behind the sofa each time I'd finished a workout. It also wasn't easy to get your feet in those stirrups either (margolein makes it look so easy) and I had to have my son help me when I did those. You also need to set it up near where you can watch the DVDs too if you want to use them.

I sent it back after my month's trial as I knew I couldn't have it out in my lounge and I couldn't just move it out of the way (again they made that look easy on TV...it wasn't). When I called to arrange collection, I did say to QVC if they could invent a lightweight one, I would be interested.

The other thing to bear in mind is the cost - these things are always available hardly used for a fraction of the QVC price if you look on ebay. I did post all of the above (except the ebay bit!) in a review on QVC, but guess what....I violated their T&C! *sigh*

Last edited:
I have got item no 431893 which I think is the little brother of the one that was on over the weekend?

when I say 'little' it IS heavy, I had to help the courier bring it upstairs to my flat as it would have been against H&S regs for him to carry it alone!

And it was NOT easy to assemble, I had to get help and at 5 ft 8 and size 16 I'm not small!

but once it was assembled (I don't have a stand or anything) I do find it fairly easy to open and close but I leave it propped up against the wall rather than putting it away.

I couldn't put it up anywhere near a TV but I used to watch the DVD on my laptop, and after a few goes I didn't need Marjey features anymore (which was good as I find her most irritating!) and just followed the wall chart.

I used it religiously for about 3 weeks, then I went away for a week and have not really used it in the month since then, which is really bad - I did actually enjoy using it, just need to get into the routine again.

I think unless you have plenty of help on hand to help with assembling or you are 90% plus certain you will use it and keep it, you are best off refusing delivery.

It is a great way to exercise though especially if you have any back or joint problems, I am just being very lazy at the moment with mine!

Last edited:
I've had mine for 3 years now and wouldn't be without it. It is heavy but once you've put it together that's it. I used to live somewhere where I could leave it out all the time and now I'm in a smaller house I have to fold it up. It's a pain but I still think it's the best piece of exercise equipment I've ever bought!

Good luck on trying it out.

Just as an aside.....I called last night to try and cancel one of the LG bags I had ordered (I was being a bit over ambitious and suddenly panicked when I realised the cats were due all sorts of expensive injections etc this month!!) and they said they couldn't cancel as it was in 'warehouse' status or something along those lines. He said that he would have to take it to his supervisor to try, and even then it may not work. So, resigned, I just thought I'd send it straight back and try the DS reg thing so I wouldn't be out of pocket. I just logged onto my account to check the progress of some other items and lo and behold - 'customer cancelled'!!! I am very happy!! So, you never know, maybe it won't arrive afterall and the decision would have been taken out of your hands :wink:

By the way, that has never happened before, it's always been a case 'it's in warehouse staus, it's too late'. I wonder if all these people quoting the regs at them is making them try harder to stop unwanted items going out?!! In fact, am going to copy this post to that thread, so excuse the duplication! :giggle:

I love my aero pilates machine and even though I go to the gym as well, I enjoy the machine. Give yourself a few weeks, because you will feel different. Also, I keep mine down in the living room as I don't have a spare room and the cats sleep on it. P.S> I hope you love your bags...

After years of doing high impact aerobics I had problems with my knees so had to give it up. After a year of no exercise I decided to order one of these, it's the best thing I've ever bought off QVC. I do mine daily, at fisrt it was a little heavy to put away but the fact it's on wheels helps greatly and I'm now strong enough that it's no bother to fold it up daily. Even better than that the weight is slowly falling off me:muscle: all my joints are hugely better and I can do gardening without getting back ache and sore knees. I found getting into a routine is the best way to stick at it... but tbh once you start to see the advantages in terms of how you look and feel in yourself you don't really need the motivation. I'd not be without mine, I love the cardio board to:ninja: Good luck with yours!

It also wasn't easy to get your feet in those stirrups either (margolein makes it look so easy) and I had to have my son help me when I did those. You also need to set it up near where you can watch the DVDs too if you want to use them.

I know what you mean about getting your legs in the stirrups, I don't find it that easy either! And when I'm doing the leg exercises, I find the ropes rub against my legs. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I could really do with Marjolein coming out for half an hour - do you think she might? lol - to give me a couple of tips.

Other than that, I love the machine and wouldn't want to be without it.

Thanks for your post backstreetgirl! I also have M.E./CFS and have always wondered whether the Pilates machines would be okay for me. I've been watching Marjolein for 2 or 3 years now so tempted to go for a machine (I wish I'd have gone for the machine they offered way back for about £200) but missed out! I thought the exercises might make me ill but it's interesting to know that you find them okay. I just ordered a Pilates 'Magic Circle' this time so I could try some toning exercises and see how I go with that but might see if I can go for a machine next time! Thanks for sharing your info. backstreetgirl!!

Latest posts

Back