Aero Pilates TSV 28/07/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love my Pilates machine, but this TSV is not as good value as it seems. To get the full workout you need to do the cardio workout as well, but they have left the cardio board out. You can buy it separately for £80 + £5.95 p&p but no easy pays.

I have spinal problems with my spinal cord being squashed in my neck. I didn't "get it" until I got the stand as I struggled to get down to the floor and found a lot of the exercises awkward. I live on my own so moved the arm chairs out of the front room, so that I could leave the machine out on it's stand. I do use my wheelchair at times, but need it less if I use my machine regularly.

Pilates Machine TSV 2013-07-28

What's the difference tween QVC's machine and this one from Argos? I can see free P&P with Argos! Have been thinking about getting machine as my shoulder is recovering now.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1068869.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7256962847|tsid:41259|cid:148103447|lid:50839203407|nw:g|crid:24795405887|rnd:10126998752128122380|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Couldn't say. What I would add, however, is that for the p+p of a not inconsequential £10.95, you are getting peace of mind; if it doesn't suit, you can return it for a full refund, including postage, if you return it under DSRs. Because of the size/weight of the item, they will send a courier to collect it. In my opinion, if you are sure you want to give it a go, buy it from the Q, and you will lose absolutely nothing, if you decide not to keep it.

Yes, maybe you are right. Also it's on easy pay which helps with the cost a little bit. I have been thinking about one of these machines for some time. I tried to watch the demo, but with scrawny old Franks gasping and swishing her bunions around was enough to make me feel ill! Had to tune out as my shoulder was hurting anyway. Her head was flying around like an animated coconut! From what I saw she seemed marginally more sincere in that I do believe she actually uses and likes this product. Then there was old "bag o' bones" Marjolein who for some reason was lishping like her jaw had been frozen.

Julius - there is a video on the Argos site that demos the product.

I have one from QVC and I'd say the differences are:

- the Argos one seems to have a smaller footprint when unused
- when in use, the Argos one seems less stable... if you look closely it seems to rock a little when she is using it.
- the Argos one can be set at different angles but I don't really understand the benefit of this because it's not shown in the video

Personally, I'd go for the QVC one because you can return it... but if you want a cardio workout with it then you'll need to buy the bounce board as an extra... whereas it used to come as a package.

As discussed on your older thread, you do need a lot of space around the machine to use it effectively.

Let us know what you decide.

Thank you Tiddly, that is actually very helpful. I will watch the video. I think the QVC one sounds like is better quality, (I need a strong machine as I am quite a strong bloke at 74 KG) and is more affordable because of the payment plan, plus there is the 30 day money back guarantee and they collect it as well. There's no way I could lug that thing down thte the Post Office with an injured shoulder. I got just under 90 mins to decide before the price goes up.
Julius - there is a video on the Argos site that demos the product.

I have one from QVC and I'd say the differences are:

- the Argos one seems to have a smaller footprint when unused
- when in use, the Argos one seems less stable... if you look closely it seems to rock a little when she is using it.
- the Argos one can be set at different angles but I don't really understand the benefit of this because it's not shown in the video

Personally, I'd go for the QVC one because you can return it... but if you want a cardio workout with it then you'll need to buy the bounce board as an extra... whereas it used to come as a package.

As discussed on your older thread, you do need a lot of space around the machine to use it effectively.

Let us know what you decide.

The one that Argos is selling looks/is frightening. There is little or no support and watching the video the amount of movement that the machine makes must surely not do you any good. The "resistance cords" seem very flimsy and the amount of slack on the way back means that you are only benefiting in one direction. Being overweight I could see me getting a heavy bang and jar on the way back. You can do 60 exercises and get a 33 minute video, where as the Q Pilates machine gives you hundreds of exercises and there are literally hours of videos. The maximum user weight is 125kg or 19.6 stone whereas the Q will take up to 21st which makes me feel that the Q one is more solidly built.

If you don't want the safety of the money back guarantee then you can normally pick up the machines off of Ebay for less than £100, which is what I did initially, got mine for £57, tried it loved it and upgraded to a new one when I was able to and sold on the second hand one for a profit.

I don't think you can even compare the two machines TBH. The aero pilates has a lot more range of exercises plus the cardio board option which is brilliant IMO! Mine gets used almost daily for the past 3 years and is still going strong! I will only need to upgrade not replace mine.

I didn't buy the Argos one because people on here who have used this type of machine and who will know better than me say it does not seem a good product. I ended not ordering the Q one either because I figured I could go swimming more. Then at a few mins past midnight I called QVC but the price had reverted :( They wouldn't offer any flexibility :(

Shame your not up here, Lancashire, or you could've had a play with mine to see if it suited

Yes, well thank you to everyone for advice. I think was right not to get the Argos one. Was not the right quality. QVC hopefully will do another one soon.

Latest posts

Back