Advice on manicure please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jessica geleration is brilliant. £25 at my local salon for the old one soaked off, a manicure and then re-applied. It doesn't chip and doesn't damage your nails, but just grows out. They just put a base coat on, then two thin coats of whatever colour you choose and then a top coat with a few seconds under the ultraviolent lamp after each stage, and no drying time. I've had this on now for almost 4 weeks and is as shiny as the day I had it done. I had my first one done at the Marriott at Worsley as part of a spa gift voucher and they said it would cost £53 to have it soaked off and re-applied (and there were very few places outside London who did this as it was new) but I did a Google search and found a salon less than 10 minutes away from where I live for £25 all in. Just goes to show you need to shop around.

My nails are natural but often mistaken for false nails because they're so long.

For the past few weeks people have asked me the same thing (because I've been wearing the magnetized varnish - from Boots), but my nails are also natural. At the moment, I use OPI as a base coat, then the magnetized varnish and finish it with a coat of Nails Inc caviar topcoat or OPI orginal nail envy. I usually redo them after a week when I fancy changing the colour, but could go for longer as they've usually not chipped. I also use OPI as a base coat when using a plain nail colour.

I also wear rubber gloves when washing up.

I also wear rubber gloves when washing up.

When I had my nails done I told my son I couldn't wash up for a month. I got away with it
667378.gif

The Jessica manicure is the same process as Shellac and they SAY it will not damage your nails but in some cases it does. If you're one of the unlucky ones it will ruin your nails. I'm not sure if it's the "polish" or the acetone they use to remove it but it really buggered up my nails after having it on for about three weeks. But I know it doesn't cause that problem for everyone. Shame really as the finish is fabulous.

I wouldn't have thought the acetone and having to soak for ages will do the nails any good because it's very drying. I didn't remove mine - I had a french manicure, so it didn't really need to be removed and I just topped up with a bit of clear nail varnish after a few weeks until it grew out. It's the only time I've had a manicure! I've had pedicures before but never a manicure. I do like having someone else sort my nails out :giggle:

Ah well, my magnetic nail polish has arrived so i'm off to have a play!
363758.gif

Another vote here for the Essie 3 in 1 top and base coat. :up:

My sister (who lives in Australia) introduced me to Glitter Gal holographic nail polish. I've also tried every brand going and this is the only polish I've used that actually lasts for a full five days. BTW, the holo in this range is insane! You must try some if you've ever owned and loved a bottle of the original OPI 'Private Jet'.

307643.gif

Soweeeee!! xx
I thought it was so good though, I think I mentioned where it was in case anyone esle could take advantage.
Tell you this much I would go again just for the day all the way down there just to have it done again!

Must say I do like this magnetic nail polish I have got off QVC from Nails Inc.
267228.gif

Good endorsement?

Essie Nail Polish in Allure, £9.95, nailpolishdirect.com

Manicurist Marina Sandoval did Kate Middleton’s nails for the Royal Wedding, using two polishes (one on top of the other) to create a perfect, bridal pale pink. Those polishes were Essie’s Allure and Bourjois Number 28 in Rose Lounge. Allure is the softest pale rose and a more grown-up pink than their classic Mademoiselle shade and was a big hit this summer. It’s a neutral that works all year round for me — giving a soft, sheer look, with a totally natural finish.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ial-The-2011-beauty-awards.html#ixzz1hsKPETFG

someone here posted a link not long ago about body parts models - hands, feet, backs etc. if you were paid a few grand to have them photographed for an advert, your cuticles probably would look like that!

Latest posts

Back