Advanced Orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or is anyone else getting ticked off by so many products being supplied on advanced order? I need to keep a fairly tight reign on my bank account and don't want payments coming out that I either forgot about or they took it at a sightly different time. You don't go into your supermarket and buy everything on the basis that it'll be around in 2 weeks' time, so why here? It puts me right off buying, that's for sure. Are they doing this because they don't want to invest a lot of money into stock that they never sell? They can avoid that by only ordering up as many as they know they've sold. Either way, it's annoying and stops me buying and makes it look as though a lot of their product is not available.

For example, tea tree oil. In the end, I went to the Pennine Collection via eBay and bought 100mls for less than half the price of QVC. Perhaps it's not all bad after all!! :D

And why select a beauty product of the month they can'y supply right away? I want it now, not whenever you get around to buying more, thanks, and making a mess of my bank again. And what happens if you need to change it for a different colour - have you got to wait weeks again? There doesn't appear to be much advantage using QVC now. Only easy pay and that can get you into trouble too!

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anyone else getting ticked off by so many products being supplied on advanced order? I need to keep a fairly tight reign on my bank account and don't want payments coming out that I either forgot about or they took it at a sightly different time. You don't go into your supermarket and buy everything on the basis that it'll be around in 2 weeks' time, so why here? It puts me right off buying, that's for sure. Are they doing this because they don't want to invest a lot of money into stock that they never sell? They can avoid that by only ordering up as many as they know they've sold. Either way, it's annoying and stops me buying and makes it look as though a lot of their product is not available.

For example, tea tree oil. In the end, I went to the Pennine Collection via eBay and bought 100mls for less than half the price of QVC. Perhaps it's not all bad after all!! :D

I do like advanced orders because then I know I will be able to get the item, but I do agree that they should know by now how many they will need-ish of an item. Also it is true that you have to be on the ball with when the payments will go out, I pop mine in my diary BUT with advanced orders they say week commencing 00/00/00, so you cannot always plan ahead.

my bug bear is that you place your order as they give you a date, but if the stock comes in sooner then they will just send it out willy nilly!! I had one recently where they said advanced orders, despatch 26th, but suddenly they took the money on 11th!!! this meant a Direct Debit for something else bounced with the bank charge being more than the blimin QVC item cost. When tackled QVC said that they will always take the funds if the goods come in earlier, but surely if they advise a specific date they should stick to it or at the very least ring people and ask if they want it still being a fortnight early. Had I known it would be the 11th the situation could have been totally different.

Talking of advanced orders what was the date for the litre size of Philip Kingsleys Elasticiser beauty of the month?

I seem to be waiting eons for mine

Latest posts

Back